Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
17:24 - Nov 11 with 8728 views_

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 17:32 - Nov 11 with 7997 viewspickles110564

Nice post Lib
Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 17:33 - Nov 11 with 7993 viewsblueislander

Well said Libbers. There is a much more positive ambiance both on and off the field. I just hope that he can get one or two of the youngsters currently on loan back, and in contention to be starters. He will be very lucky to find someone in the January window who will really make a difference. I think there is potentially enough quality at his disposal to get us out of trouble.
on 17:36 - Nov 11 with 7976 views_

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 17:33 - Nov 11 by blueislander

Well said Libbers. There is a much more positive ambiance both on and off the field. I just hope that he can get one or two of the youngsters currently on loan back, and in contention to be starters. He will be very lucky to find someone in the January window who will really make a difference. I think there is potentially enough quality at his disposal to get us out of trouble.

on 17:42 - Nov 11 with 7944 views_

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 17:32 - Nov 11 by pickles110564

Nice post Lib

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 17:42 - Nov 11 with 7938 viewsTractorWood

Nice post.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

on 17:44 - Nov 11 with 7927 views_

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 17:33 - Nov 11 by blueislander

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 20:23 - Nov 11 with 7587 viewschristiand

Libby I’m with you. Thought it was a hugely underwhelming appointment, but I’ve been VERY impressed with what he has done in a fortnight with the same squad of players and the clever bits of management PL has done off the field. ME needs to tie him down for the long term and encourage him to build a side which gets properly backed by our owner instead of token efforts ME has made in the past.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

on 20:35 - Nov 11 with 7549 views_

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 20:23 - Nov 11 by christiand

Libby I’m with you. Thought it was a hugely underwhelming appointment, but I’ve been VERY impressed with what he has done in a fortnight with the same squad of players and the clever bits of management PL has done off the field. ME needs to tie him down for the long term and encourage him to build a side which gets properly backed by our owner instead of token efforts ME has made in the past.

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 20:37 - Nov 11 with 7541 viewsJ2BLUE

Don't worry we all just ignored you like when you said McGoldrick isn't a good player

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 20:45 - Nov 11 with 7514 views_

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 20:37 - Nov 11 by J2BLUE

Don't worry we all just ignored you like when you said McGoldrick isn't a good player

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 21:07 - Nov 11 with 7430 viewsJ2BLUE

on 20:45 - Nov 11 by _

Down vote. Bless you.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 21:08 - Nov 11 with 7426 views_

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 21:07 - Nov 11 by J2BLUE

Down vote. Bless you.

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 21:19 - Nov 11 with 7390 viewsjas0999

Agree with this.
Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 21:29 - Nov 11 with 7366 viewsReuser_is_God

Good stuff Libby.

I too was sceptical initially but after some thought I realised he’s 100% the right man for us.

1.5 PPG from here will see us finish on 52 points &, in my opinion, comfortably safe.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

on 21:31 - Nov 11 with 7352 views_

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 21:29 - Nov 11 by Reuser_is_God

Good stuff Libby.

I too was sceptical initially but after some thought I realised he’s 100% the right man for us.

1.5 PPG from here will see us finish on 52 points &, in my opinion, comfortably safe.

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 21:35 - Nov 11 with 7332 viewsReuser_is_God

on 21:31 - Nov 11 by _

I’m not feeling confident.

A lot does rest on January & we need to win some 3/4 games before then too. As you say no obvious targets jumping out. Sam Winnall?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

on 21:40 - Nov 11 with 7312 views_

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 21:35 - Nov 11 by Reuser_is_God

I’m not feeling confident.

A lot does rest on January & we need to win some 3/4 games before then too. As you say no obvious targets jumping out. Sam Winnall?

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 21:41 - Nov 11 with 7309 viewsBrixtonBlue

Excellent post and glad you've caught up with the rest of us.

Now we just need to work on all the other stuff you have wrong

Seriously though, well done for admitting your mistake. Excellent balls.

COYB.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 22:42 - Nov 11 with 7182 viewsKieran_Knows

on 21:40 - Nov 11 by _

Not a striker, but wonder if he’ll go for Andrew Surman from Bournemouth (a key player for his Norwich side). Not sure if he’s playing or not down at Bournemouth anymore, but wouldn’t surprise me to see a 6 month loan move for him if he isn’t.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

on 22:48 - Nov 11 with 7173 views_

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 22:42 - Nov 11 by Kieran_Knows

Not a striker, but wonder if he’ll go for Andrew Surman from Bournemouth (a key player for his Norwich side). Not sure if he’s playing or not down at Bournemouth anymore, but wouldn’t surprise me to see a 6 month loan move for him if he isn’t.

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 23:57 - Nov 11 with 7055 viewsreusersfreekicks

on 22:48 - Nov 11 by _

Yep think Saturday showed that this is where we need strengthening most
Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 05:20 - Nov 12 with 6947 viewspowinswitch

Excellent and honest, nice one. I was excited by Lambert, but didn’t have a clue how he would go about it. Love the football so far, and whilst i pray we can stay up, I am more excited about the brand of football we are trying, and often succeeding in playing. I thought the first half Saturday was the best game I’d seen since we beat Boro 2-0 at home when tabby got one with a header. Different style of football, not so silky back then but both were great performances. One guy I know said it was the best half he had seen ever, and he been going for 5 years.
Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 08:30 - Nov 12 with 6798 viewsMetal_Hacker

I was totally for it but I'm already thinking like yourself it's too late unfortunately . The key for me is keeping hold of him as and when we're doomed to League 1 ...everything crossed it doesn't come to that but we're 5 point adrift already and with the squad we've got until Jan it's going to be a big ask

Poll: If it were one or the other

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 08:54 - Nov 12 with 6751 viewsdirtyboy

In this league, nothing seems impossible.

West Brom are not exactly in prime form, yes they won at the weekend, but that followed three losses and a draw.

Bristol too have lost their last three, they'll be midly concerned about their form.

We face both of these at home.

Forest away in the third of our next three will be the ticky one, but let's not pretend that it's not winnable.

Could we win our next three? Possibly, wouldn't rule it out.

Would that change the look of the table? Probably not a huge amount, 20 points? Bolton, Wigan and Sheff Weds are on worse runs than us and on the same points, every possibility they could carry on losing (as could we of course).

Huge ask for PL to get us to safety, but let's not pretend it's impossible just yet.

ETA

Look what 5 wins on the bounce has done for that lot up the road.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2018 8:56]
Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 09:16 - Nov 12 with 6706 viewsElephantintheRoom

Paul Lambert - an early assessment/re-assesment on 08:54 - Nov 12 by dirtyboy

In this league, nothing seems impossible.

West Brom are not exactly in prime form, yes they won at the weekend, but that followed three losses and a draw.

Bristol too have lost their last three, they'll be midly concerned about their form.

We face both of these at home.

Forest away in the third of our next three will be the ticky one, but let's not pretend that it's not winnable.

Could we win our next three? Possibly, wouldn't rule it out.

Would that change the look of the table? Probably not a huge amount, 20 points? Bolton, Wigan and Sheff Weds are on worse runs than us and on the same points, every possibility they could carry on losing (as could we of course).

Huge ask for PL to get us to safety, but let's not pretend it's impossible just yet.

ETA

Look what 5 wins on the bounce has done for that lot up the road.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2018 8:56]

And if Town lose a few games over xmas he'll be useless Norwich scum again. It's a bit pitiful to be so judgmental before he had a chance to get his knees under the desk. Presumably you hounded MM out, welcomed in Hurst as a messiah and hounded him out too within weeks? Lambert's primary asset is probably being Scottish - which is why it was such a pity to miss out on Ross. The first five games will always be a honeymoon period plus a dead cat bounce. People were still blind to reality about Hurst at this stage of his tenure even though he had effectively destroyed his chances with his misplaced arrogance. So although Lambert is showing admirable common sense and judgment, that's really only because he's an experienced gravy train rider trying to get everyone on board, knowing his hands are tied. As others have said, in this desperately poor division it should be relatively straightforward staying up. Once the dead cat bounce is over, that will be when any improvement due to Hurst can be divined. Not yet. But the signs are promising if not the results. Alas its the results which count.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024