Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday - best since? 12:05 - Nov 12 with 1447 viewspowinswitch

The first half was the most I had enjoyed for a long time. Lovely pass and move at pace, with a real purpose. I mentioned in another thread that it was the most I had enjoyed a game since Middlesborough at home in December 14. I've seen others comment that it was the best they'd seen us play for some time. So I'm just wondering, if you thought it was particularly decent, when was the last time you thought we did better than that?

Hats off to Paul Lambert for what he has done so far. Cracking stuff to date.
Saturday - best since? on 12:08 - Nov 12 with 1430 viewsSitfcB

Sunderland and Forest at home last season were pretty good.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Saturday - best since? on 12:23 - Nov 12 with 1380 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I didn’t go Saturday but I struggle to believe it was better than Sunderland at home last season, or indeed Reading away. We actually won both of those too

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Saturday - best since? on 12:24 - Nov 12 with 1380 viewsSteve_M

Saturday - best since? on 12:08 - Nov 12 by SitfcB

Sunderland and Forest at home last season were pretty good.

Quite. Just because the second half of last season was crap at home doesn't negate the good matches int he first half of the season. And whilst Sunderland were crap in that match, so were Reading in Saturday's first half.

Some of the hyperbole over a promising half of football is so over the top it's laughable. Positivity is good but to claim it was better than anything since Royle, as a few have done, is ridiculous.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Saturday - best since? on 12:32 - Nov 12 with 1337 viewsKeaneish

Saturday - best since? on 12:24 - Nov 12 by Steve_M

Quite. Just because the second half of last season was crap at home doesn't negate the good matches int he first half of the season. And whilst Sunderland were crap in that match, so were Reading in Saturday's first half.

Some of the hyperbole over a promising half of football is so over the top it's laughable. Positivity is good but to claim it was better than anything since Royle, as a few have done, is ridiculous.

Thought we were excellent Saturday and ran ourselves into the ground. So much more shape, structure and team cohesion. To a man everyone knew their jobs. Pennington and Chambers shuttle running to the corners of the 18 yard box when Bart had possession. Chalobah and Downes doing likewise to fill in the gap behind Knudsen and Spence when they'd bombed on to pick up the seconds and provide more defensive cover. Skuse marauding around midfield with all the time in the world. Sears and Edwards phenomenal work rate and the pressing all over the park was quality.

Best display i've seen in a long time. Since when, i'm not sure. There's been so little to compare it to but it stands out a mile to me.

Someone behind me said, "What is going on?' Lambert is, would be the answer.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Saturday - best since? on 12:35 - Nov 12 with 1332 viewsSitfcB

There were absolutely zero good moments under Mick at all don’t forget.

Were plenty of good games last season and them two were standouts.

Yes the first half on Saturday was good but we still didn’t win and should’ve been 3/4-1 up at HT.

COYB

Saturday - best since? on 12:35 - Nov 12 with 1330 viewspowinswitch

No worries. I'm just asking what people think. Both the games Sitters mentioned were great results, decent performances, and at the end of the day we won both and didnt on Saturday. I just enjoyed it more than any since that Boro game, and perhaps its because I feel the improvement is so clear, and significantly better than the last few games before Lambert took charge.
Saturday - best since? on 12:36 - Nov 12 with 1322 viewsSitfcB

Saturday - best since? on 12:23 - Nov 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I didn’t go Saturday but I struggle to believe it was better than Sunderland at home last season, or indeed Reading away. We actually won both of those too

Sunderland away was pretty good aswell, yes they were rubbish again but it was routine for us and a solid 2-0 Win.

COYB

Saturday - best since? on 13:38 - Nov 12 with 1188 viewsSteve_M

Saturday - best since? on 12:35 - Nov 12 by powinswitch

No worries. I'm just asking what people think. Both the games Sitters mentioned were great results, decent performances, and at the end of the day we won both and didnt on Saturday. I just enjoyed it more than any since that Boro game, and perhaps its because I feel the improvement is so clear, and significantly better than the last few games before Lambert took charge.

Apologies, if that came across harshly. Yours wasn't a hyperbolic comment but I've seen plenty that have been since Saturday. The improvement under Lambert in two weeks is remarkable and should be appreciated of course.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Saturday - best since? on 13:51 - Nov 12 with 1173 viewspowinswitch

Saturday - best since? on 13:38 - Nov 12 by Steve_M

Apologies, if that came across harshly. Yours wasn't a hyperbolic comment but I've seen plenty that have been since Saturday. The improvement under Lambert in two weeks is remarkable and should be appreciated of course.

No probs Steve, and no apology required. To be fair there have been some good, some great and some poor games. It was ever thus. Even in Sir Bobby's day which is as far back as I go. There were just more great, more good and fewer poor games then. Or at least thats what my failing memory tells me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024