Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: Not started too well again 08:38 - Nov 14 with 7174 viewsSteve_M

England currently 177/7, Butler with an excellent 63 but this pitch is spinning loads already apparently and will probably do that more later in the match.

Need another 50 runs or so to have a chance.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/18602/game/1140386/sri-lanka-vs-england-2nd-t

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: Not started too well again on 08:40 - Nov 14 with 3867 viewsIpswichKnight

Think your right, 250 on this pitch will be a good score. Hope it lasts until Saturday so I can at least watch more than 15 minutes before heading into work!
Cricket: Not started too well again on 09:07 - Nov 14 with 3840 viewsblueislander

Our spinners out-bowled theirs in the first test, so there are grounds for optimism.
Cricket: Not started too well again on 09:19 - Nov 14 with 3824 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Could be a minefield on innings 3 and 4, plenty of spitting cobras bowled!

But I don't like that bowlers who are under a cloud for chucking are allowed to carry on until testing at a later date.

What if Dananjaya takes a large match winning wicket haul in the test and then is banned from bowling for a year.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Cricket: Not started too well again on 09:42 - Nov 14 with 3810 viewschicoazul

They should definitely persevere with Stokes at 3, he is a lovely batsman who can play lots of different situations. Didnt Kallis bat at 3 as well as being first change pace bowler?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cricket: Not started too well again on 09:52 - Nov 14 with 3806 viewshatch

Ipswich banner in the background as Rashid walked off after his dismissal. It's not often you watch England overseas and don't see ITFC on an England flag these days.
Cricket: Not started too well again on 09:52 - Nov 14 with 3807 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: Not started too well again on 09:42 - Nov 14 by chicoazul

They should definitely persevere with Stokes at 3, he is a lovely batsman who can play lots of different situations. Didnt Kallis bat at 3 as well as being first change pace bowler?

Think Kallis may have batted at four but the point still holds. And SA have been much weaker since his retirement, coupled with injuries and the loss of Smith too of course.

Stokes is more exciting to watch than Kallis but perhaps less reliable. Not sure that matters when England's middle order is so interchangeable.

225/9 now.

Cricket: Not started too well again on 09:56 - Nov 14 with 3797 viewschicoazul

Cricket: Not started too well again on 09:52 - Nov 14 by Steve_M

Think Kallis may have batted at four but the point still holds. And SA have been much weaker since his retirement, coupled with injuries and the loss of Smith too of course.

Stokes is more exciting to watch than Kallis but perhaps less reliable. Not sure that matters when England's middle order is so interchangeable.

225/9 now.

Ah of course it was 4 wasnt it! But think they would benefit from some stability, at the moment the only players who seem nailed on in the spots they are in are Buttler and Root. If for instance Stokes bats all day and is a bit tired for bowling we now have Curran or Woakes as first change options too. Suppose we might suffer from losing Stokes' dash and flair further down the order though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:02 - Nov 14 with 3792 viewsfarkenhell

225/9 now.

225/9 - Blimey, are they playing on the same pitch as the last test (I know it's the same ground)!
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:04 - Nov 14 with 3790 viewsfarkenhell

Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:02 - Nov 14 by farkenhell

225/9 - Blimey, are they playing on the same pitch as the last test (I know it's the same ground)!

Scrap that - Sam Curran just hit two 6s in the same over!
Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:04 - Nov 14 with 3789 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:02 - Nov 14 by farkenhell

They were in Galle last Test, this is Kandy. The pitch seems to be doing even more than that one did.

Curran hit two sixes off that last over, we're up to a half-decent score at least.

Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:10 - Nov 14 with 3779 viewsfarkenhell

Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:04 - Nov 14 by Steve_M

They were in Galle last Test, this is Kandy. The pitch seems to be doing even more than that one did.

Curran hit two sixes off that last over, we're up to a half-decent score at least.

Sorry, I thought they had stayed at the same venue.

Curran just hit another 6. Passed 250 now. What chance 300?
Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:12 - Nov 14 with 3773 viewsReuser_is_God

Passed 250 now which is what a lot are saying is a good score.

Sam Curran is some cricketer.

Btw, has anyone been listening to the TalkSport commentary? I know TMS is bit of an institution but I must say I've been massively impressed by the TalkSport commentary, even Mark Nicholas is growing on me.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:15 - Nov 14 with 3771 viewsfarkenhell

Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:12 - Nov 14 by Reuser_is_God

Passed 250 now which is what a lot are saying is a good score.

Sam Curran is some cricketer.

Btw, has anyone been listening to the TalkSport commentary? I know TMS is bit of an institution but I must say I've been massively impressed by the TalkSport commentary, even Mark Nicholas is growing on me.

This made me chuckle from the BBC live feed:

"James Anderson sweeps as well as any of the England batsmen."

Then in the next thread:

"James Anderson promptly makes an absolute mess of a reverse sweep..."

Yet another 6 from Curran!
Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:17 - Nov 14 with 3766 viewsReuser_is_God

Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:15 - Nov 14 by farkenhell

This made me chuckle from the BBC live feed:

"James Anderson sweeps as well as any of the England batsmen."

Then in the next thread:

"James Anderson promptly makes an absolute mess of a reverse sweep..."

Yet another 6 from Curran!

Ha, Jimmy is a very good sweeper of the ball considering he's a genuine number 11.

Evans out

Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:21 - Nov 14 with 3759 viewsfarkenhell

Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:10 - Nov 14 by farkenhell

Sorry, I thought they had stayed at the same venue.

Curran just hit another 6. Passed 250 now. What chance 300?

Curran now 50 - another 6 - his 5th? We're now 270. 300 might just be on!
Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:34 - Nov 14 with 3740 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:21 - Nov 14 by farkenhell

Curran now 50 - another 6 - his 5th? We're now 270. 300 might just be on!

102 runs for the last three wickets as it stands, last wicket partnership at 54. This is good stuff, might be match-winning if a low scoring Test.

Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:37 - Nov 14 with 3739 viewsCoastalblue

A horrible spilled chance from Sri Lanka just after Curran got his 50, could be a very tight match and that could be very expensive.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:44 - Nov 14 with 3735 viewsfarkenhell

Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:34 - Nov 14 by Steve_M

102 runs for the last three wickets as it stands, last wicket partnership at 54. This is good stuff, might be match-winning if a low scoring Test.

Curran now highest scorer in the innings. 285/9.
Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:49 - Nov 14 with 3728 viewsfarkenhell

Cricket: Not started too well again on 10:44 - Nov 14 by farkenhell

Curran now highest scorer in the innings. 285/9.

B*gger...
Cricket: Not started too well again on 12:21 - Nov 14 with 3693 viewsSteve_M

SL 26/1 at close. Butler and Curran make it England's day.

Hopefully we'll carry on repeating the first Test here.

Cricket: Not started too well again on 12:39 - Nov 14 with 3679 viewschristiand

England have too many runs on the board for Sri Lanka. Middle and lower order have dug us out of a hole again!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Cricket: Not started too well again on 12:44 - Nov 14 with 3673 viewschristiand

225/9 now.

Kallis was a world class batsmen and one of the games top all rounders. I agree with your point about Stokes being more expansive Steve, but personally I'd have Kallis over Stokes in my side everyday of the week.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Cricket: Not started too well again on 12:51 - Nov 14 with 3659 viewsReuser_is_God

Cricket: Not started too well again on 12:21 - Nov 14 by Steve_M

SL 26/1 at close. Butler and Curran make it England's day.

Hopefully we'll carry on repeating the first Test here.

Good to see Burns get a good score too.

Evans out

Cricket: Not started too well again on 15:13 - Nov 14 with 3613 viewsjimsymBLUE

Cricket: Not started too well again on 12:39 - Nov 14 by christiand

England have too many runs on the board for Sri Lanka. Middle and lower order have dug us out of a hole again!

The consensus out here with the locals is we are well ahead o a pitch that will decline rapidly. Brilliant from Curran again, what a star in the making. The ground at Palekelle is something else and a must for any cricket lover one time in their life, Kandy also a great city. On my balcony burnt to a crisp but the local stout at 8.8 is working a treat. Two town flags up today and in Galle.. Still to locate the owners. Will carry on the search tomorrow.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Cricket: Not started too well again on 15:32 - Nov 14 with 3594 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: Not started too well again on 15:13 - Nov 14 by jimsymBLUE

The consensus out here with the locals is we are well ahead o a pitch that will decline rapidly. Brilliant from Curran again, what a star in the making. The ground at Palekelle is something else and a must for any cricket lover one time in their life, Kandy also a great city. On my balcony burnt to a crisp but the local stout at 8.8 is working a treat. Two town flags up today and in Galle.. Still to locate the owners. Will carry on the search tomorrow.

I wasn't sure whether to vote that up or down!

How long are you out there for? Enjoy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024