Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? 09:17 - Nov 14 with 8220 viewspennblue

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 09:24 - Nov 14 with 6147 viewsEwan_Oozami

Maybe on a sister site called Those Were The Dames?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 09:28 - Nov 14 with 6136 viewspennblue

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 09:24 - Nov 14 by Ewan_Oozami

Maybe on a sister site called Those Were The Dames?

This article I thought was interesting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/45737718

For me, it is true, I will happily watch highlights of a Woman's match, and certainly BBC are giving it far more coverage.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 09:28 - Nov 14 with 6136 viewsGuthrum

Depends what is meant by 'covered'.

If to the same depth and extent as TWTD already covers the men's team, then it may require a separate site, purely for practical reasons. Probably with its own journalist/editorial people.

If limited to match reports and significant news stories (e.g. appointments/transfers), then there probably is capacity.

Obviously, there is nothing to stop Ipswich Ladies being discussed on the forum now.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 09:30 - Nov 14 with 6123 viewsGlebeTractor

Yeah, I couldn't see a problem with ITFC Ladies drop down menu so we can keep track, I have a slight interest, but would be nice to have a read up now and then!

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 11:28 - Nov 14 with 6028 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

No, it’s women trying to play football. It’s bloody awful standard, shame they don’t keep the women commentators to their own games, can’t stand watching games when they’re commentating. Useless
Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 11:49 - Nov 14 with 5999 viewsBluebell

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 11:28 - Nov 14 by backwiththeboysagain

No, it’s women trying to play football. It’s bloody awful standard, shame they don’t keep the women commentators to their own games, can’t stand watching games when they’re commentating. Useless

That is extremely sexist!

You sound like someone who doesn't think women/girls should go to football either.
Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 11:59 - Nov 14 with 5973 viewsKeno

Can you define “covered”

Just checking this isn’t the term used by dog breeders!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 11:59 - Nov 14 with 5970 viewshoppy

As opposed to 'uncovered'?

Hmmm....

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 12:03 - Nov 14 with 5962 viewsRyorry

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 09:30 - Nov 14 by GlebeTractor

Yeah, I couldn't see a problem with ITFC Ladies drop down menu so we can keep track, I have a slight interest, but would be nice to have a read up now and then!

I think it would be rather fun, and would help womens' footie become integrated into mainstream. Obviously it's still early days as far as the professional game's concerned, but the more it's discussed, played and seen, the more expectations and standards will rise.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 12:30 - Nov 14 with 5917 viewsJimmyJazz

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 09:28 - Nov 14 by pennblue

This article I thought was interesting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/45737718

For me, it is true, I will happily watch highlights of a Woman's match, and certainly BBC are giving it far more coverage.

The BBC do give women's football a lot of coverage. I follow BBC news but don't really want to see the women's news stories but looks like my 2 options are unfollow BBC football or put up with it. If it was something that can easily be filtered out then i have no problem with it being covered.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 13:02 - Nov 14 with 5876 viewsSuperfrans

Weird to think anyone would be against this. All we're talking about here is an update on matches/results etc, aren't we.

The only issue for me is whether Phil and Gav can spare the time. I'm sure they're not exactly sitting around with their feet up, trying to find things to do. But if there was any poster who was willing to contribute a report following games, I'd imagine Phil/Gav would be up for it? Why not?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 13:05 - Nov 14 with 5858 viewsSuperfrans

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 12:03 - Nov 14 by Ryorry

I think it would be rather fun, and would help womens' footie become integrated into mainstream. Obviously it's still early days as far as the professional game's concerned, but the more it's discussed, played and seen, the more expectations and standards will rise.

This.

If there was a simple match report, we'd know how they were doing and some of us might be tempted to pop along to a game. I only discovered quite late in the day recently that they were playing Leyton Orient at Mile End, which isn't far from me. I'd have popped along if I'd known earlier.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 13:06 - Nov 14 with 5854 viewsSwansea_Blue

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 11:49 - Nov 14 by Bluebell

You sound like someone who doesn't think women/girls should go to football either.

Now there's a good idea...

Or maybe men only stands, like the freemasons or a posh golf club

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 13:10 - Nov 14 with 5837 viewsBiGDonnie

Definitely not.

They should have their own site and should people want to keep up to date with the womans side of ITFC, they can go to the appropriate site.

FFS, why is this even being asked.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 13:13 - Nov 14 with 5831 viewsReuser_is_God

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 13:02 - Nov 14 by Superfrans

Weird to think anyone would be against this. All we're talking about here is an update on matches/results etc, aren't we.

The only issue for me is whether Phil and Gav can spare the time. I'm sure they're not exactly sitting around with their feet up, trying to find things to do. But if there was any poster who was willing to contribute a report following games, I'd imagine Phil/Gav would be up for it? Why not?

This.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I'm sure that one of the girls.... on 13:15 - Nov 14 with 5825 viewsBloots

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 13:13 - Nov 14 by Reuser_is_God

This.

....that post on here would be up for the job.

Maybe Bluebell?

Or BrixtonBlue?

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 13:19 - Nov 14 with 5813 viewstractorgirls

Praise be, lets get those tractorgirls featured! scantilly clad of course.

Poll: Good, Bad, Ugly?

I'm sure that one of the girls.... on 13:50 - Nov 14 with 5750 viewsfactual_blue

I'm sure that one of the girls.... on 13:15 - Nov 14 by Bloots

....that post on here would be up for the job.

Maybe Bluebell?

Or BrixtonBlue?

I suspect MarkTWTD was recruited to cover* the ladies' team.

*Keno should feel free to interpret this word however he chooses.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 13:51 - Nov 14 with 5749 viewsfactual_blue

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 11:59 - Nov 14 by Keno

Can you define “covered”

Just checking this isn’t the term used by dog breeders!!

What if it is?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 14:04 - Nov 14 with 5739 viewsrickw

Why not, U18s and U23s matches are covered here, so ITFC Ladies should be too

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 14:10 - Nov 14 with 5726 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 11:49 - Nov 14 by Bluebell

It is an awful standard though

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 14:19 - Nov 14 with 5709 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 13:02 - Nov 14 by Superfrans

Also this

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 14:36 - Nov 14 with 5692 viewsBlueBadger

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 14:10 - Nov 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It is an awful standard though

Have you been watching the men's team this season?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 14:43 - Nov 14 with 5677 viewsBlueBadger

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 13:19 - Nov 14 by tractorgirls

Praise be, lets get those tractorgirls featured! scantilly clad of course.

A full burkha would be far, far too revealing given some of the horrors on that page. I think I;d genuinely rather some of the TWTD regulars in their undies.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 14:44 - Nov 14 with 5677 viewsRyorry

Should Ipswich Town Ladies be covered on TWTD? on 14:43 - Nov 14 by BlueBadger

A full burkha would be far, far too revealing given some of the horrors on that page. I think I;d genuinely rather some of the TWTD regulars in their undies.

Lead by example :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024