Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the cabinet rolls over 19:27 - Nov 14 with 5621 viewsJ2BLUE

Who would have guessed?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So the cabinet rolls over on 19:31 - Nov 14 with 2821 viewsPecker

We have to have some kind of deal, so I guess what ever this is, it must be better than nothing.
So the cabinet rolls over on 19:37 - Nov 14 with 2793 viewsjpring89

Let the anarchy commence

Poll: What irritates you more ?

So the cabinet rolls over on 19:40 - Nov 14 with 2788 viewsBlueBadger

I suspect it'll be described as 'marmite'. Which seems apt for something which is a sticky, salty mess that's difficult to swallow and only approved of by masochists.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So the cabinet rolls over on 19:43 - Nov 14 with 2782 viewsgordon

I think we won't know much until after the withdrawal text is published later tonight, and people who understand this sort of document start to pick it apart, form opinions, and then the press take a view on it. Think it's still possible for it all fall apart in the next day or two.

Any Cabinet Minister who supports this deal would find it much harder to win the party leadership in the future, so there'll surely be some who once they understand what the deal entails (if it is as reported), will want to distance themselves from the muddle we're stumbling towards.
So the cabinet rolls over on 19:45 - Nov 14 with 2776 viewsWeWereZombies

So the cabinet rolls over on 19:40 - Nov 14 by BlueBadger

I suspect it'll be described as 'marmite'. Which seems apt for something which is a sticky, salty mess that's difficult to swallow and only approved of by masochists.

Does that mean that when we join up with Japan and Australia in this Pacific Trade Agreement then that will be a Vegemite deal? And the next Scottish referendum will be seeking a Dundee marmalade deal?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

So the cabinet rolls over on 19:48 - Nov 14 with 2760 viewsfactual_blue

So the cabinet rolls over on 19:45 - Nov 14 by WeWereZombies

Does that mean that when we join up with Japan and Australia in this Pacific Trade Agreement then that will be a Vegemite deal? And the next Scottish referendum will be seeking a Dundee marmalade deal?

I like Marmite, and the (admittedly inferior) Vegemite, and Dundee Marmalade. Although Tiptree 'Old Orange'* Marmalade and Frank Cooper Original Oxford Marmalade are better

*Tiptree 'Old Orange' Marmalade is not named after donald trump.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So the cabinet rolls over on 19:49 - Nov 14 with 2758 viewsuefacup81

So the cabinet rolls over on 19:43 - Nov 14 by gordon

I think we won't know much until after the withdrawal text is published later tonight, and people who understand this sort of document start to pick it apart, form opinions, and then the press take a view on it. Think it's still possible for it all fall apart in the next day or two.

Any Cabinet Minister who supports this deal would find it much harder to win the party leadership in the future, so there'll surely be some who once they understand what the deal entails (if it is as reported), will want to distance themselves from the muddle we're stumbling towards.

With it having been announced that it'll be a three line whip on the vote, it'll be interesting to see which MPs will place their principles above advancing their career.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

So the cabinet rolls over on 19:52 - Nov 14 with 2740 viewsGlasgowBlue

So the cabinet rolls over on 19:40 - Nov 14 by BlueBadger

I can understand why some of the hard Brexiters are pissed of with this deal. It's the softest of soft Brexits.

But the remainers have shown their hand. In the two years since the referendum result they had been saying we should leave with a soft Brexit, one which respects how close the vote was. Everytime they were asked if they were trying to overturn the vote they said "oh no. We respect the democratic vote but we must have a softer Brexit".

Now they have thrown all pretence out of the window, and instead of backing a deal that is a soft Brexit they are going to vote against it in order to have a re run of the referendum they believe has now shifted in their favour.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

So the cabinet rolls over on 19:54 - Nov 14 with 2728 viewsBloomBlue

So the cabinet rolls over on 19:49 - Nov 14 by uefacup81

With it having been announced that it'll be a three line whip on the vote, it'll be interesting to see which MPs will place their principles above advancing their career.

Or those who believe in the principles of democracy versus those who don't
So the cabinet rolls over on 20:01 - Nov 14 with 2713 viewsfooters

It's the least worse outcome. Bravo, Brexiters. What do you reckon about a people's vote on the deal now? Lol.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2018 20:03]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So the cabinet rolls over on 20:03 - Nov 14 with 2703 viewsBlueBadger

So the cabinet rolls over on 19:52 - Nov 14 by GlasgowBlue

I can understand why some of the hard Brexiters are pissed of with this deal. It's the softest of soft Brexits.

But the remainers have shown their hand. In the two years since the referendum result they had been saying we should leave with a soft Brexit, one which respects how close the vote was. Everytime they were asked if they were trying to overturn the vote they said "oh no. We respect the democratic vote but we must have a softer Brexit".

Now they have thrown all pretence out of the window, and instead of backing a deal that is a soft Brexit they are going to vote against it in order to have a re run of the referendum they believe has now shifted in their favour.

“If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy” - David Davies.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So the cabinet rolls over on 20:03 - Nov 14 with 2710 viewsElderGrizzly

The first time she said there was a chance of no brexit.

The glee that she says we will lose freedom of movement too. Shameful
So the cabinet rolls over on 20:04 - Nov 14 with 2703 viewsSteve_M

It's nothing that would have been recognised as a soft Brexit at the time of the referendum, that was EEA/EFTA. This is far inferior to where we were as far inferior to EFTA, let alone the wilder promises of certain very prominent Brexiters.

The time to come together was two and a half years ago, except May treated those of us who wanted to remain with utter contempt. This is a crap deal, a bit better than no deal but something that will make the country poorer for decades. There's still a cliff edge at the end of 2020 and absolutely no indication there will be any clearer plan for what comes next than there is today.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So the cabinet rolls over on 20:04 - Nov 14 with 2695 viewsPinewoodblue

I guess her husband is very pleased with the outcome.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So the cabinet rolls over on 20:04 - Nov 14 with 2698 viewsElderGrizzly

“We will leave the Customs Union and see and end of Freedom of Movement”

Not exactly ‘soft’
So the cabinet rolls over on 20:05 - Nov 14 with 2699 viewsGlasgowBlue

So the cabinet rolls over on 20:03 - Nov 14 by ElderGrizzly

The first time she said there was a chance of no brexit.

The glee that she says we will lose freedom of movement too. Shameful

It's a funny old world. The Prime Minister says Brexit can be stopped and the leader of the opposition says Brexit can't be stopped.

Iron Lion Zion

So the cabinet rolls over on 20:12 - Nov 14 with 2630 viewsPinewoodblue

So the cabinet rolls over on 20:04 - Nov 14 by ElderGrizzly

“We will leave the Customs Union and see and end of Freedom of Movement”

Not exactly ‘soft’

Listen to Barnier's version.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So the cabinet rolls over on 20:14 - Nov 14 with 2626 viewsJ2BLUE

So the cabinet rolls over on 20:01 - Nov 14 by footers

It's the least worse outcome. Bravo, Brexiters. What do you reckon about a people's vote on the deal now? Lol.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2018 20:03]

I hope it all falls apart and we have a referendum with two options

1) Hard Brexit
2) Remain

Brexiteers won the battle with the referendum but remainers are going to comfortably win the war.

Truly impaired.

So the cabinet rolls over on 20:17 - Nov 14 with 2596 viewsElderGrizzly

So the cabinet rolls over on 20:12 - Nov 14 by Pinewoodblue

Listen to Barnier's version.

I am. A transition period that can be extended indefintely. Excellent....

So the cabinet rolls over on 20:18 - Nov 14 with 2592 viewsGlasgowBlue

So the cabinet rolls over on 20:14 - Nov 14 by J2BLUE

I hope it all falls apart and we have a referendum with two options

1) Hard Brexit
2) Remain

Brexiteers won the battle with the referendum but remainers are going to comfortably win the war.

That's because the Leave campaign disbanded as soon as the result came in whereas Remain continued to campaign. First they rebranded as Open Britain and more recently as the People's vote.

Iron Lion Zion

So the cabinet rolls over on 20:21 - Nov 14 with 2573 viewsGlasgowBlue

10 Cabinet members voted against. Esther McVey was apparently the most vocal and became aggressive towards May.

Iron Lion Zion

So the cabinet rolls over on 20:22 - Nov 14 with 2558 viewsJ2BLUE

So the cabinet rolls over on 20:21 - Nov 14 by GlasgowBlue

10 Cabinet members voted against. Esther McVey was apparently the most vocal and became aggressive towards May.

I must admit when I made the OP I assumed they had all agreed to it. Didn't know it was a majority vote so I take it back!

I hope half of those ten resign.

Truly impaired.

So the cabinet rolls over on 20:22 - Nov 14 with 2555 viewsElderGrizzly

So the cabinet rolls over on 20:21 - Nov 14 by GlasgowBlue

Hopefully all 10 resign then
So the cabinet rolls over on 20:23 - Nov 14 with 2549 viewsvilanovablue

The cabinet agreed today for political expediency the coming days will tell us more. Rees-Mogg has already said publicly in a letter he hates it.

We have got a bad deal which is better than no deal in some people's opinion 😳😳😳

Frankly it's a shambles.
So the cabinet rolls over on 20:25 - Nov 14 with 2541 viewswkj

I hope the long socially dividing mess was worth it, so far I am not seeing anything promising for the withdrawal supporters, or worth while of the effort and misery they whole process has been.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024