Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jacob Rees-Mogg 13:26 - Nov 15 with 45398 viewsitfcjoe

The bloke is an absolute no mark bellend.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 12:50 - Nov 19 with 2727 viewsXYZ

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 10:31 - Nov 19 by GlasgowBlue

Thank you for elevating my six year stint as a local Councillor to an equal status as that of the Leader of Her Majesty’s Opposition.

I must confess that there was no racism on display from the various retired estate agents, school teachers and railway signalmen who made up our local branch of the Tory party. I did manage to block a member of the Monday Club being selected as a candidate and ran the gauntlet of racist scumbags gobbing on me after I helped a young Asian couple who were being racially harassed on a council estate.

Sadly I never came into contact with any antisemites, holocaust deniers or blood libellers. But if I had I would have condemned them for the racist scum they are rather than cosy up to them and call them my friends.

I was never asked to contribute money to a known holocaust denier but if I had been then I most certainly would have declined.

I never mixed with terrorists who murdered people based on their sexuality. I was never in a position to defend an anti Semitic vicar who had peddled antisemitic conspiracy theories around the 9/11 attacks. We didn’t have any antisemitic murals in Clacton for me to defend. Facebook had not been invented back then so it was impossible for me to be a member of several antisemitic Facebook groups to which I could have often contributed, but claim I never once saw any antisemitic posts.

Sadly Iranian state TV never came calling for me to host a series of programmes during a period when homosexuals were tortured and executed. Of course I would have declined.

So again, I appreciate you elevating my status to a position far above what it actually was. I’m flattered you think so highly of me.

edited for the many spelling mistakes typed on my iphone.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 12:59]

I was asking about your time as a member of the tory party, not as a councillor.

I asked what you actively "did" to oppose racism in the tory party.

Your response seems to be "I'm not Jeremy Corbyn".

I'm sure readers can make up their own minds about your credentials and motives.
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 12:56 - Nov 19 with 2707 viewsXYZ

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 12:05 - Nov 19 by GlasgowBlue

If they were ideological then surely you are accusing the Brown government of being driven by the same ideology as the Tories?

Anyway, I hadn't intended to have a debate about the rights and wrongs of austerity. I was merely clarifying what I had posted in the past after Callus and XYZ had made up there own version of events.

I didn't "make up" my version of events. Bully asked for evidence for Callis' austerity comment. I gave him some evidence, caveating it with the statement that it was my recollection and that I didn't recall the details.

I'm not questioning your recollection and have no intention of getting into an old argument when the conversation was about racism.

The tactic of smearing the messenger is straight out of the alt-right playbook.
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:09 - Nov 19 with 2656 viewsStokieBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 12:44 - Nov 19 by No9

Do you really beleive we are living in a Keynesian economic model?
That does not appear to eb the case & hasn't for some time, it's more the Chicago model now & has been since '79

There has been nothing but governmental economic stimulus for the last 10 years.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:11 - Nov 19 with 2686 viewsjaseitfc

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 21:23 - Nov 18 by tcblue

The 'terror' has been somewhat over dramatised, but even if it hadn't: have we got so politically binary that it's left and right tribe wars?

Do we hold people with right wing ideals responsible for the actions of the guy who assassinated Jo Cox?

There's a weird thing about 'liberals' needing to be held to some sort of moral account higher than conservatives, including phrases such as "so much for the tolerant left!" - what does that mean? If you're not 'left' you're not supposed to have tolerance? Why would those on the left have more political tolerance?

Rightly, the populist right are held to account and were so for what happened to Jo Cox.

I would consider it terrifying to be a woman home alone and have protesters literraly at your door shouting your abuse at your husband.

I also consider it detrimental to the progressive movement that idiots like these protestors refer to themselves as liberal or left, they set the whole movement backwards and enhance the popularist right, and the fact you can't see that is troubling - how many more public votes have to go the way of populists for you to wake up & realise that being liberal or progressive is to be liberal or progressive and not to be a faux form of It, which is in reality isnt far from being another brand of Trumpism
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:19 - Nov 19 with 2666 viewsitfcjoe

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:11 - Nov 19 by jaseitfc

Rightly, the populist right are held to account and were so for what happened to Jo Cox.

I would consider it terrifying to be a woman home alone and have protesters literraly at your door shouting your abuse at your husband.

I also consider it detrimental to the progressive movement that idiots like these protestors refer to themselves as liberal or left, they set the whole movement backwards and enhance the popularist right, and the fact you can't see that is troubling - how many more public votes have to go the way of populists for you to wake up & realise that being liberal or progressive is to be liberal or progressive and not to be a faux form of It, which is in reality isnt far from being another brand of Trumpism

It amazes me that people can't see this - that if someone has different views to them they are seen as not human with the same range of emotions as a normal human being.

It's easy targets too, I'm no fan of Rees-Mogg, and he seems to be having a seemingly rising amount of influence unjustifiably, but ultimately anyone who is a true decision maker, who protestors 'should'* be getting after will be protected to the hills by private security details etc.

How close could people have got to Tony Blair at height of Iraq crisis? Certainly not able to intimidate his family in the manner JRM's were.

*I don't think they should personally.....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:23 - Nov 19 with 2650 viewsBiGDonnie

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 19:21 - Nov 18 by J2BLUE

You are so condescending to anyone who doesn't have the exact same beliefs as you.

I don't believe in god but your attitude is awful.

Small willy syndrome.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:24 - Nov 19 with 2647 viewsHerbivore

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 11:57 - Nov 19 by Darth_Koont

Non-existent.

Accusing me of being drunk? You really are pulling out all the "tricks".

The man utterly lacks class. And integrity. Best to just ignore him really.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:29 - Nov 19 with 2639 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 10:41 - Nov 19 by GlasgowBlue

What I actually said, if memory serves, is that Denis Healy cut more in one year than Osborne did in six.

I believe I also said that although Osborne started his cuts one year earlier, had Labour won the election in 2010 Alistair Darling had promised spending cuts that would be "tougher and deeper" than those under Margaret Thatcher. My point being that the cuts were a necessity rather than an ideological choice.

Would you or Callis care to dispute any of that?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 10:43]

I remember on more than one occasion when someone mentioned the A word you demanding evidence of anything the Tories were doing that you could define as austerity.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:30 - Nov 19 with 2625 viewsNo9

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:09 - Nov 19 by StokieBlue

There has been nothing but governmental economic stimulus for the last 10 years.

SB

Maybe but not in the traditoinal Keynes way.
Money has not goine into public spending directly but in the manner of corporate welfare
too many people and small organisations have head to borrow heavily while wealthy corporations have given the money to their shareholders.
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:31 - Nov 19 with 2627 viewsHerbivore

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:23 - Nov 19 by BiGDonnie

Small willy syndrome.

Is that a thing? You seem to know more about it than me, friend.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:37 - Nov 19 with 2605 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:24 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

The man utterly lacks class. And integrity. Best to just ignore him really.

I’m quite enjoying how he equates a man who is presently unapologetically homophobic, against the rights of rape victims and has a voting history even a serial killer would be ashamed of to a few questionable and debatable links the anti-Corbyn brigade managed to scrape from the bottom of the barrel.

Also fantastic self awareness in relation to hijacking a thread and making it about him, pretty sure he’s had a go at me about that before, even once in a thread about vegans where he specifically name dropped me.

I think he’s just upset he’s spent around two decades supporting a party where the true colours have started to come to light these last couple of years. Between Brexit, the DUP collab, Grenfall, fracking, every public service in the UK crumbling, continual accusations of discrimination and self-interested sabotage of the nation for political gain he must be having a tough time.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 13:38]

TWTD never forgets…

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 15:07 - Nov 19 with 2508 viewsNo9

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:37 - Nov 19 by monytowbray

I’m quite enjoying how he equates a man who is presently unapologetically homophobic, against the rights of rape victims and has a voting history even a serial killer would be ashamed of to a few questionable and debatable links the anti-Corbyn brigade managed to scrape from the bottom of the barrel.

Also fantastic self awareness in relation to hijacking a thread and making it about him, pretty sure he’s had a go at me about that before, even once in a thread about vegans where he specifically name dropped me.

I think he’s just upset he’s spent around two decades supporting a party where the true colours have started to come to light these last couple of years. Between Brexit, the DUP collab, Grenfall, fracking, every public service in the UK crumbling, continual accusations of discrimination and self-interested sabotage of the nation for political gain he must be having a tough time.

Unless one is blind to reality?
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 15:27 - Nov 19 with 2483 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 12:50 - Nov 19 by XYZ

I was asking about your time as a member of the tory party, not as a councillor.

I asked what you actively "did" to oppose racism in the tory party.

Your response seems to be "I'm not Jeremy Corbyn".

I'm sure readers can make up their own minds about your credentials and motives.

Again, you seem to be overestimating my activity as a member of the Conservative party. Other than the period covered in my previous reply, my "activity" as a member was limited to them taking a tenner a year out of my bank account on a standing order.

Of course I cancelled this when Mrs May did a deal with the DUP to keep her in power.

Since I moved to Scotland in 1993 I haven't attended a branch meeting of my local association. Oh, I did sign nomination papers for a local council candidate so that he or she (I forget who) could stand during the local elections some years ago.

The only political activity I have engaged in since moving here is to raise awareness and attend marches for the "Refugees are welcome" campaign.

I'm not sure your "well what have you done about Tory racism" line of questioning is particularly relevant to me calling out Corbyn for being an enabler of widespread antisemitism in the Labour party.

I believe that I have explained my reasons for being such a vociferous critic of Mr Corbyn and his antisemitism on more than one occasion. I'm sure the rest of the board would agree that I shouldn't have to justify myself again.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 15:36 - Nov 19 with 2463 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:37 - Nov 19 by monytowbray

"questionable and debatable links the anti-Corbyn brigade managed to scrape from the bottom of the barrel"

Hmmm. The majority of links that you call questionable, are from British Jewish groups, some who are active members of the Labour party, who are highlighting the current wave of antisemitism that has coincided with the election of Mr Corbyn.

Labeling a minority group who are trying to define the racism that they are on the receiving end of as "the anti Corbyn brigade" is not a particularly good look for you Callis.

I'm sure that if a poster linked a series of articles and blogs from a variety of anti racism groups highlighting racism aimed another BAME group from members of any other political party, I doubt you would be so dismissive as to give them a derogatory label.

Why can't you give that same courtesy to members of the British Jewish community?

Iron Lion Zion

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 15:55 - Nov 19 with 2426 viewsXYZ

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 15:27 - Nov 19 by GlasgowBlue

Again, you seem to be overestimating my activity as a member of the Conservative party. Other than the period covered in my previous reply, my "activity" as a member was limited to them taking a tenner a year out of my bank account on a standing order.

Of course I cancelled this when Mrs May did a deal with the DUP to keep her in power.

Since I moved to Scotland in 1993 I haven't attended a branch meeting of my local association. Oh, I did sign nomination papers for a local council candidate so that he or she (I forget who) could stand during the local elections some years ago.

The only political activity I have engaged in since moving here is to raise awareness and attend marches for the "Refugees are welcome" campaign.

I'm not sure your "well what have you done about Tory racism" line of questioning is particularly relevant to me calling out Corbyn for being an enabler of widespread antisemitism in the Labour party.

I believe that I have explained my reasons for being such a vociferous critic of Mr Corbyn and his antisemitism on more than one occasion. I'm sure the rest of the board would agree that I shouldn't have to justify myself again.

Thanks for the response. I got the impression you were more of an political activist outside the internet.

What you think is relevant to things probably differs to what others may think is relevant. All I was trying to do was to establish the facts. You were a member of the tory party for many years (and by implication endorsed its views and activities and were happy to be identified as such a member) but did nothing of consequence to address the rampant, and not just "casual", racism I have personally witnessed.

As I have said, the conversation was about tory racism. You seem determined to change it to Corbyn's actions for some reason.

I haven't questioned your motives re Corbyn; I have no doubt they are genuinely held.

You've read "The boy who cried "wolf""? It's all about perception and you don't seem to recognise that, on here, you're seen by many as "The boy who didn't cry "racism".

Strange that you insist others' pasts are forensically scrutinised to question their current status but get defensive when asked about yours.

Hey ho.
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 15:58 - Nov 19 with 2427 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 15:36 - Nov 19 by GlasgowBlue

"questionable and debatable links the anti-Corbyn brigade managed to scrape from the bottom of the barrel"

Hmmm. The majority of links that you call questionable, are from British Jewish groups, some who are active members of the Labour party, who are highlighting the current wave of antisemitism that has coincided with the election of Mr Corbyn.

Labeling a minority group who are trying to define the racism that they are on the receiving end of as "the anti Corbyn brigade" is not a particularly good look for you Callis.

I'm sure that if a poster linked a series of articles and blogs from a variety of anti racism groups highlighting racism aimed another BAME group from members of any other political party, I doubt you would be so dismissive as to give them a derogatory label.

Why can't you give that same courtesy to members of the British Jewish community?

There are also plenty of British Jewish people who are not anti-Corbyn, but the side of the story the press and yourself pushes is the one that suits you.

I don’t deny anti-semitism exists in Labour or anywhere in any party for that matter (it’s not exclusive and ironically studies suggest the Tories have a bigger problem with it) but this continual need to dig up dirt on a bloke who’s spent most of his political career on the correct side of history and paint him as some kind of closet fascist cracks me up.

TWTD never forgets…

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 16:04 - Nov 19 with 2411 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 15:55 - Nov 19 by XYZ

Thanks for the response. I got the impression you were more of an political activist outside the internet.

What you think is relevant to things probably differs to what others may think is relevant. All I was trying to do was to establish the facts. You were a member of the tory party for many years (and by implication endorsed its views and activities and were happy to be identified as such a member) but did nothing of consequence to address the rampant, and not just "casual", racism I have personally witnessed.

As I have said, the conversation was about tory racism. You seem determined to change it to Corbyn's actions for some reason.

I haven't questioned your motives re Corbyn; I have no doubt they are genuinely held.

You've read "The boy who cried "wolf""? It's all about perception and you don't seem to recognise that, on here, you're seen by many as "The boy who didn't cry "racism".

Strange that you insist others' pasts are forensically scrutinised to question their current status but get defensive when asked about yours.

Hey ho.

Plus he can’t seem to define the difference between being critical of Israel and being anti-Jewish.

Well, I say that. I think many of these folk cut from the Glassers smear cloth do but blurring those lines is beneficial to their campaign.

TORIES: “LABOUR IS A FASCIST PARTY”
ALSO TORIES: *EMPLOYS JRM AND BOJO*
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 16:05]

TWTD never forgets…

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 16:25 - Nov 19 with 2372 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 15:55 - Nov 19 by XYZ

Hey ho.

No. As I said, my only political activism over the past few years ahs been on behalf of Refugee Action.

BTW I wasn't trying to change a conversation about Tory racism into one about JC. The conversation was actually about one man's views. JRM. One particular podster, J2, was getting pelters from herbiebore and callus for simply trying to explain why he didn't believe that JRM was homophobic. At no time did J2 or I defend JRM's views.

I found it hypocritical of Herbie and callis, two people who have bent over backwards to excuse Corbyn's bigotry. to give J2 stick. So I told them so.

One thing I'm not afraid to discuss on this board is any racism or bigotry that exists in the Tory party. Sadly Gav has archived a lot of it but I started several threads regarding May's anti immigrant rhetoric long before she became PM. I was also a harsh critic of Cameron's imagination targets and rhetoric.

More recently:

Right, I think I have grasped it. by GlasgowBlue 13 Jul 2018 13:11
There is a pattern of Islamophobia within the Tory party emerging. There have been too many instances to dismiss it as a "small pocket" so it really needs looking into before it gets out of hand and starts to reach the levels that anti semitism has in the Labour party. Although I'm not confident that this current PM is in the mood to address the issue.

With this in mind I can't see why anyone who is a Muslim would vote for a party that has a problem with Islamophobia or indeed why anyone who is against racism in any form would do so.

I'ts another of a long list of reasons why I wouldn't vote for the current incarnation of the Tory party or advise anyone else to do so.

BoJo and Islamaphobia by GlasgowBlue 7 Aug 2018 17:09
What really annoys me is that people are saying it was just a joke.

1. It's a joke that now seems to legitimise the mocking of people wearing the Burka. There will be women up and down the country, walking about and minding their own business, who will have yobos coming up from behind them and shouting "letterbox" at them. And Boris has normalised that.

2. It may seem like a bit of harmless banter to some but it's another example of a political party who seem to have a problem with a certain section of the British community.

I made this point about another subject which I'm sure I have bored people to death with. But if we don't stop the seemingly little things like this then it continues to be the norm and the nastiness creeps in.

BoJo and Islamaphobia by GlasgowBlue 8 Aug 2018 12:55
Apparently he is being advised by Steve Bannon. So if he wants to appeal to a bigoted section of society then he is being extremely well advised.

He really shouldn't be a politician. Certainly not a frontline politician. He is ill suited to the job.

He should stick to writing interesting but is often flawed articles for the likes of the Telegraph or the Spectator. That is his niche.

BoJo and Islamaphobia by GlasgowBlue 8 Aug 2018 13:00
I'd say that is spot on.

The Bannon stuff is more concerning because if he can get through the MP selection process, and at present he doesn't have enough support to do so, then he is a clear favourite to win the members vote.

The fact that he will take advice from Bannon should bar him from ever getting anywhere near the levers of power.

Speaking of cosying up to anti semites and in the interests of balance -WTF? by GlasgowBlue 9 Apr 2018 17:48
https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/983310069826818048

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/orban-victory-1.462003

I'm sure that avid readers of my posts can attest there are far more of the above.

I merely take issue with people who highlight bigotry when it suits their political objectives but turn a blind eye when it doesn't. Herbie and Callis fall into that category.

A prime example of that being Herbie, who has quite rightly started threads criticising bigotry from the Tories and UKip yet has not only never started a thread on the issue of Labour's antisemitism problem. he has bent over backwards to downplay it. The "othering" of Richard Millett springs to mind.

Iron Lion Zion

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 16:29 - Nov 19 with 2368 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 16:25 - Nov 19 by GlasgowBlue

No. As I said, my only political activism over the past few years ahs been on behalf of Refugee Action.

BTW I wasn't trying to change a conversation about Tory racism into one about JC. The conversation was actually about one man's views. JRM. One particular podster, J2, was getting pelters from herbiebore and callus for simply trying to explain why he didn't believe that JRM was homophobic. At no time did J2 or I defend JRM's views.

I found it hypocritical of Herbie and callis, two people who have bent over backwards to excuse Corbyn's bigotry. to give J2 stick. So I told them so.

One thing I'm not afraid to discuss on this board is any racism or bigotry that exists in the Tory party. Sadly Gav has archived a lot of it but I started several threads regarding May's anti immigrant rhetoric long before she became PM. I was also a harsh critic of Cameron's imagination targets and rhetoric.

More recently:

Right, I think I have grasped it. by GlasgowBlue 13 Jul 2018 13:11
There is a pattern of Islamophobia within the Tory party emerging. There have been too many instances to dismiss it as a "small pocket" so it really needs looking into before it gets out of hand and starts to reach the levels that anti semitism has in the Labour party. Although I'm not confident that this current PM is in the mood to address the issue.

With this in mind I can't see why anyone who is a Muslim would vote for a party that has a problem with Islamophobia or indeed why anyone who is against racism in any form would do so.

I'ts another of a long list of reasons why I wouldn't vote for the current incarnation of the Tory party or advise anyone else to do so.

BoJo and Islamaphobia by GlasgowBlue 7 Aug 2018 17:09
What really annoys me is that people are saying it was just a joke.

1. It's a joke that now seems to legitimise the mocking of people wearing the Burka. There will be women up and down the country, walking about and minding their own business, who will have yobos coming up from behind them and shouting "letterbox" at them. And Boris has normalised that.

2. It may seem like a bit of harmless banter to some but it's another example of a political party who seem to have a problem with a certain section of the British community.

I made this point about another subject which I'm sure I have bored people to death with. But if we don't stop the seemingly little things like this then it continues to be the norm and the nastiness creeps in.

BoJo and Islamaphobia by GlasgowBlue 8 Aug 2018 12:55
Apparently he is being advised by Steve Bannon. So if he wants to appeal to a bigoted section of society then he is being extremely well advised.

He really shouldn't be a politician. Certainly not a frontline politician. He is ill suited to the job.

He should stick to writing interesting but is often flawed articles for the likes of the Telegraph or the Spectator. That is his niche.

BoJo and Islamaphobia by GlasgowBlue 8 Aug 2018 13:00
I'd say that is spot on.

The Bannon stuff is more concerning because if he can get through the MP selection process, and at present he doesn't have enough support to do so, then he is a clear favourite to win the members vote.

The fact that he will take advice from Bannon should bar him from ever getting anywhere near the levers of power.

Speaking of cosying up to anti semites and in the interests of balance -WTF? by GlasgowBlue 9 Apr 2018 17:48
https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/983310069826818048

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/orban-victory-1.462003

I'm sure that avid readers of my posts can attest there are far more of the above.

I merely take issue with people who highlight bigotry when it suits their political objectives but turn a blind eye when it doesn't. Herbie and Callis fall into that category.

A prime example of that being Herbie, who has quite rightly started threads criticising bigotry from the Tories and UKip yet has not only never started a thread on the issue of Labour's antisemitism problem. he has bent over backwards to downplay it. The "othering" of Richard Millett springs to mind.

I don’t remember you ever being so active in your anti-Semitism “slacktivism” until you got worried about Corbyn and I’ve been posting here close to a decade.

You also remained a member of the Tories, voted for them and stuck up for them throughout my time here, regardless of the odd “save face” post.

You telling me I’m some kind of lazy hypocrite and you’re the shining honest beacon of what is right is laughable.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 16:31]

TWTD never forgets…

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 16:32 - Nov 19 with 2356 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 16:04 - Nov 19 by monytowbray

Plus he can’t seem to define the difference between being critical of Israel and being anti-Jewish.

Well, I say that. I think many of these folk cut from the Glassers smear cloth do but blurring those lines is beneficial to their campaign.

TORIES: “LABOUR IS A FASCIST PARTY”
ALSO TORIES: *EMPLOYS JRM AND BOJO*
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 16:05]

"Plus he can’t seem to define the difference between being critical of Israel and being anti-Jewish"

Do you just make up sh1t off the top of your head? I am highly critical of the current Israeli government. I not only criticise Netanyahu and his actions, I have constantly encouraged people on here to do so.

The only thing I object to when people criticize Israel is when they accuse non Israeli Jews of being more loyal to Israel than their own country, deny the Jewish people their right to self determination or compare the current Israeli state with the Nazis. If you can't criticise Israel without resorting to those examples I have given then you are an antisemite.

Who are "these folk cut from the Glassers smear cloth" btw?

Iron Lion Zion

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 16:36 - Nov 19 with 2350 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 16:29 - Nov 19 by monytowbray

I don’t remember you ever being so active in your anti-Semitism “slacktivism” until you got worried about Corbyn and I’ve been posting here close to a decade.

You also remained a member of the Tories, voted for them and stuck up for them throughout my time here, regardless of the odd “save face” post.

You telling me I’m some kind of lazy hypocrite and you’re the shining honest beacon of what is right is laughable.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 16:31]

Here we fcukin go again. Have You just copied and pasted this from Dolly?

Do I really have to justify myself and my family circumstances again?

Do I really have to quote Ryorry again, who said in answer to Dolly that I have been posting on this subject for over ten years on here?

Do I really have to repeat why I have posted on this subject even more since Corbyn became leader?

Or do I just telkl you to fcuk off?

Edit. I see you got an upvote from Sprucey, who is more than aware of my family background. Says a lot about him upvoting you challenging somebody of Jewish descent, who has a half Jewish wife complaining about antisemitism.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 16:38]

Iron Lion Zion

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 16:38 - Nov 19 with 2345 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 16:32 - Nov 19 by GlasgowBlue

"Plus he can’t seem to define the difference between being critical of Israel and being anti-Jewish"

Do you just make up sh1t off the top of your head? I am highly critical of the current Israeli government. I not only criticise Netanyahu and his actions, I have constantly encouraged people on here to do so.

The only thing I object to when people criticize Israel is when they accuse non Israeli Jews of being more loyal to Israel than their own country, deny the Jewish people their right to self determination or compare the current Israeli state with the Nazis. If you can't criticise Israel without resorting to those examples I have given then you are an antisemite.

Who are "these folk cut from the Glassers smear cloth" btw?

People who feel the need to go to long lengths to smear a politician who has protested fascism his whole life as some kind of racist who is dangerous to the Jewish community if he got into power, yet you’ve spent god knows how long voting for things (such as Brexit) which have done terrible things for racial tension.

TWTD never forgets…

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 16:40 - Nov 19 with 2336 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 16:36 - Nov 19 by GlasgowBlue

Here we fcukin go again. Have You just copied and pasted this from Dolly?

Do I really have to justify myself and my family circumstances again?

Do I really have to quote Ryorry again, who said in answer to Dolly that I have been posting on this subject for over ten years on here?

Do I really have to repeat why I have posted on this subject even more since Corbyn became leader?

Or do I just telkl you to fcuk off?

Edit. I see you got an upvote from Sprucey, who is more than aware of my family background. Says a lot about him upvoting you challenging somebody of Jewish descent, who has a half Jewish wife complaining about antisemitism.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 16:38]

Are you drunk?

TWTD never forgets…

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 16:42 - Nov 19 with 2322 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 16:40 - Nov 19 by monytowbray

Are you drunk?

No. I'm a man of Jewish descent, with a half Jewish wife who is fed up with w@nkers like you constantly calling into question my motives behind highlighting antisemitism in a party that may well form the next government.

edit. And there you go. I'm once again, for the zillionth time on here, forced into having to bring up my family's ethnicity to justify myself.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 16:44]

Iron Lion Zion

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 16:44 - Nov 19 with 2320 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 16:42 - Nov 19 by GlasgowBlue

No. I'm a man of Jewish descent, with a half Jewish wife who is fed up with w@nkers like you constantly calling into question my motives behind highlighting antisemitism in a party that may well form the next government.

edit. And there you go. I'm once again, for the zillionth time on here, forced into having to bring up my family's ethnicity to justify myself.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 16:44]

So you’re not Jewish? Glad we cleared that one up.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024