Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jacob Rees-Mogg 13:26 - Nov 15 with 45463 viewsitfcjoe

The bloke is an absolute no mark bellend.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:21 - Nov 18 with 1221 viewsLord_Lucan

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:14 - Nov 18 by monytowbray

No, he gets stick because he’s a homophobe and is against the rights of rape victims. How he dresses or who he represents is not directly relevant to why people dislike him.

Oh right.

Earlier in this thread you referred to him as a toff tw@t dressed like he was from the last century.

Some might say you dress like a complete lemon, that's of course when you aren't dressed as a Taco.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:21 - Nov 18 with 1220 viewsHerbivore

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:09 - Nov 18 by Herbivore

Farron got plenty of stick at the time. And you say it's fine for Rees-Mogg to privately hold those beliefs, but when you're an MP and you consistently deny gay people rights because of those beliefs then that is an issue for me. Here's his voting record in case you've not seen it: https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24926/jacob_rees-mogg/north_east_somerset/vote

Now, should someone who holds anti-gay beliefs be allowed in public office simply because those beliefs are couched in religion? I find that deeply problematic. We mock the U.S. when we hear about calls to teach creationism alongside evolution, well this is no different really and in many ways is far more pernicious.

Having browsed his voting record again it's interesting that his faith made him deny rights to gay people but didn't compel him to vote for greater restrictions on the gambling industry or for a cap on fees landlords can charge tenants. He's also clearly very pro the wealthy getting wealthier. Greed is one of the seven deadly sins. Him being ruled by his faith would carry a lot more weight if his voting record didn't expose some pretty obvious inconsistencies that show him up as a self-serving Tory first (he's a landlord and very wealthy) and a Catholic second. He's a massive hypocrite and uses his faith as a cover for his bigotry imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:22 - Nov 18 with 1215 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:19 - Nov 18 by J2BLUE

Stokie is one of the best posters on the site so thank you.

He is if you’re one of the people he’s managed to convince he’s a reasonable interlect when in reality he spends more time defending the rights of bigots than fighting bigots.

Others have seen through his act.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:22 - Nov 18 with 1215 viewsJ2BLUE

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:21 - Nov 18 by Lord_Lucan

Oh right.

Earlier in this thread you referred to him as a toff tw@t dressed like he was from the last century.

Some might say you dress like a complete lemon, that's of course when you aren't dressed as a Taco.

And Callis openly admitted he didn't care when idiots targeted his home.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:24 - Nov 18 with 1203 viewsHerbivore

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:20 - Nov 18 by J2BLUE

Again though, his constituents voted him in knowing exactly what his views are. In a way he has a mandate to vote the way he votes from them.

You think Tory voters who have always voted Tory know what his voting record looks like, let alone care?

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:24 - Nov 18 with 1201 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:21 - Nov 18 by Lord_Lucan

Oh right.

The “toff tw@t” comment was just an added bonus to the fact he’s a vile piece of sh1t.

TWTD never forgets…

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:25 - Nov 18 with 1198 viewsJ2BLUE

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:22 - Nov 18 by monytowbray

He is if you’re one of the people he’s managed to convince he’s a reasonable interlect when in reality he spends more time defending the rights of bigots than fighting bigots.

Others have seen through his act.

It's called balance, something it seems some of you are incapable of.

Truly impaired.

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:26 - Nov 18 with 1183 viewsJ2BLUE

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:24 - Nov 18 by Herbivore

You think Tory voters who have always voted Tory know what his voting record looks like, let alone care?

I assume they know he has repeatedly said he is whipped by the Catholic Church and will vote the way the bible tells him to.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:27 - Nov 18 with 1178 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:22 - Nov 18 by J2BLUE

And Callis openly admitted he didn't care when idiots targeted his home.

You are correct, because I’m not so crazy to believe it’s on any remote same level of injustice vs what his views and actions have done to cause suffering to others.

I’m cool with that view. Are you cool with defending his right to be homophobic?

TWTD never forgets…

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:27 - Nov 18 with 1178 viewsHerbivore

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:26 - Nov 18 by J2BLUE

I assume they know he has repeatedly said he is whipped by the Catholic Church and will vote the way the bible tells him to.

Except when the bible conflicts with his own interests.

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:28 - Nov 18 with 1171 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:25 - Nov 18 by J2BLUE

It's called balance, something it seems some of you are incapable of.

There is no balance in bigotry.

He’s one of those people who avoids having any consistant view or conviction to avoid ever having to defend anything but tell everyone else they are wrong. It’s the kind of attitude that has given rise to c*nts like JRM.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2018 20:30]

TWTD never forgets…

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:29 - Nov 18 with 1164 viewsm14_blue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:11 - Nov 18 by Lord_Lucan

JRM get's stick because he is a Tory and because of the way he dresses and speaks.

It's reverse snobbery, pure and simple.

Rubbish.

Some people object to the way he looks and talks but plenty more find his views repulsive.

Wolf in sheep’s clothing. Amazing how many people he fools with his gentlemanly act. In my mind being a gentleman isn’t just about a veneer of old fashioned politeness.
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:30 - Nov 18 with 1163 viewsJ2BLUE

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:27 - Nov 18 by monytowbray

You are correct, because I’m not so crazy to believe it’s on any remote same level of injustice vs what his views and actions have done to cause suffering to others.

I’m cool with that view. Are you cool with defending his right to be homophobic?

I'm cool with defending the right to have religious beliefs.

I'm also cool with people arguing against that view and making good points like Herbivore did with creationism.

Truly impaired.

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:32 - Nov 18 with 1151 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:30 - Nov 18 by J2BLUE

I'm cool with defending the right to have religious beliefs.

I'm also cool with people arguing against that view and making good points like Herbivore did with creationism.

I’m not anti religion either, I’m anti religious hypocrites who think believing in God is a justified excuse to live 100 years in the past.

TWTD never forgets…

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:32 - Nov 18 with 1151 viewsHerbivore

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:29 - Nov 18 by m14_blue

Rubbish.

Some people object to the way he looks and talks but plenty more find his views repulsive.

Wolf in sheep’s clothing. Amazing how many people he fools with his gentlemanly act. In my mind being a gentleman isn’t just about a veneer of old fashioned politeness.

Indeed. Just look at his voting record, it'd make the Emperor from Star Wars feel a bit uncomfortable.

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:33 - Nov 18 with 1139 viewsjaseitfc

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:27 - Nov 18 by monytowbray

dont you see though how those idiots who mobbed him, actually helped his popularity and in turn made it worse for gay rights?

those cretins managed to get that bigot sympathy by the british public, with the media taking full advantage to frame him as a victim.

progressive people are not supposed to/should not lower themselves to the kind of classlessness we expect from those on the right.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2018 20:36]
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:34 - Nov 18 with 1133 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:32 - Nov 18 by Herbivore

Indeed. Just look at his voting record, it'd make the Emperor from Star Wars feel a bit uncomfortable.

He’s got that classic Republican “Pro life until it’s born then f*ck its access to life skills or comfort” stance too that makes him wholely unbearable.

TWTD never forgets…

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:35 - Nov 18 with 1128 viewsjaseitfc

I would blow the guys mind because I change nappies and can cook!
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:36 - Nov 18 with 1123 viewsJ2BLUE

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:33 - Nov 18 by jaseitfc

dont you see though how those idiots who mobbed him, actually helped his popularity and in turn made it worse for gay rights?

those cretins managed to get that bigot sympathy by the british public, with the media taking full advantage to frame him as a victim.

progressive people are not supposed to/should not lower themselves to the kind of classlessness we expect from those on the right.

When did having right wing views become such a terrible thing?

I mean right of centre, not far right. I see people mentioning the right as if it's somehow on par with being a Nazi.

Truly impaired.

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:38 - Nov 18 with 1117 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:33 - Nov 18 by jaseitfc

He was already backed by idiots and bigots in droves long before though. I don’t think there’s any correlation between that event and his popularity. It mostly seems to spike when he comes out to bash May and be a recorded phrase box of things hard Brexiters want to hear regardless of anything else but personal gain.

He’s cut from the same cloth as Farage in that regard, who now seems to have a free pass to be as hypocritical and proven a liar without losing his status with his audience.

TWTD never forgets…

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:39 - Nov 18 with 1104 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:36 - Nov 18 by J2BLUE

I mean right of centre, not far right. I see people mentioning the right as if it's somehow on par with being a Nazi.

Go look up the voting records of known centre right politicians and you might get a clue.

TWTD never forgets…

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:40 - Nov 18 with 1104 viewsHerbivore

It's always been a terrible thing.

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:41 - Nov 18 with 1092 viewsJ2BLUE

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:40 - Nov 18 by Herbivore

It's always been a terrible thing.

Seems to have really ramped up in recent years.

So anyone who votes Tory is a ****?

Labour really need a new leader so people have an alternative.

Truly impaired.

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:42 - Nov 18 with 1086 viewsjaseitfc

Its not on par with a nazi or far right by any means

but if you are centre-left to far leftism is based on morality and fairness, and so it hurts anyone on the left when they dont across as being moral or fair.

Added to that it is assumed by centre-left to far left that conservatives are immoral for their belief in free market, low taxes, low public funding, etc.
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:46 - Nov 18 with 1076 viewsHerbivore

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 20:41 - Nov 18 by J2BLUE

Seems to have really ramped up in recent years.

So anyone who votes Tory is a ****?

Labour really need a new leader so people have an alternative.

Not all Tory voters are ****'s but all ****'s are Tory voters.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024