Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jacob Rees-Mogg 13:26 - Nov 15 with 45468 viewsitfcjoe

The bloke is an absolute no mark bellend.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 21:33 - Nov 18 with 3132 viewstcblue

I don't think Corbyn is an anti-Semite, but I do think he finds the accusations of what is probably fire under the smoke in his party as inconvenient and overblown rather than worrisome and troubling.

I couldn't vote for any party if there was a GE. That's not a new thing but I wonder if there's many truly partisan people out there having seen how awful the main parties have been dealing with this.
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 21:37 - Nov 18 with 3120 viewsXYZ

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 21:25 - Nov 18 by GlasgowBlue

So when Corbyn said he stopped [appearing on Iranian state TV] when they “treated the Green movement the way that they did” he was telling the truth?

Even though the Iranian state suppressed the Green movement in 2009/2010 and Corbyn continued appearing and taking their money two years afterwards [2012]

How do you square that one?

And he was being completely truthful when he said that he had, on each occasion, “made my voice very clear about human rights abuses”? Even though all the appearances are available on YouTube and there is no evidence that Corbyn did any such thing?

Care to comment on that?

GB, I'm sure you must have posted it up here before, so could you point me to where you've outlined your activities in what must have been a long and depressing fight against racism in the Tory party during your membership?
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 21:38 - Nov 18 with 3116 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 21:25 - Nov 18 by GlasgowBlue

So when Corbyn said he stopped [appearing on Iranian state TV] when they “treated the Green movement the way that they did” he was telling the truth?

Even though the Iranian state suppressed the Green movement in 2009/2010 and Corbyn continued appearing and taking their money two years afterwards [2012]

How do you square that one?

And he was being completely truthful when he said that he had, on each occasion, “made my voice very clear about human rights abuses”? Even though all the appearances are available on YouTube and there is no evidence that Corbyn did any such thing?

Care to comment on that?

It had a UK studio up until 2012 when it was banned by ofCom, which isMany of his appearances are not available because the archive footage is inaccessable.

I’ll give you the GM comment doesn’t add up, but to me it still feels like there are holes you are filling with speculation rather than outright truth, which isn’t the case with JRM.

I’m also finding it laughable you are hijacking another thread with your usual act despite actively campaigning for the Tories for god knows how long. I mean, if you want to get into a sh1t slinging context of hypocrasy you’re not standing in the best position to do so.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 21:41 - Nov 18 with 3105 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 21:37 - Nov 18 by XYZ

GB, I'm sure you must have posted it up here before, so could you point me to where you've outlined your activities in what must have been a long and depressing fight against racism in the Tory party during your membership?

Well he called me a “slactivist” recently (because you know, I’m always preaching the benefits of going vegan whilst eating steak) so I’d imagine he did a lot to fight racism and austerity measures whilst a member.

TWTD never forgets…

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 21:45 - Nov 18 with 3088 viewsXYZ

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 21:41 - Nov 18 by monytowbray

Well he called me a “slactivist” recently (because you know, I’m always preaching the benefits of going vegan whilst eating steak) so I’d imagine he did a lot to fight racism and austerity measures whilst a member.

I've been kicked out of Conservative clubs more than once for objecting to racists, so I'd imagine it was quite a battle he fought, and for what must have been over 25 years I'd guess.
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 21:47 - Nov 18 with 3076 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 21:45 - Nov 18 by XYZ

I've been kicked out of Conservative clubs more than once for objecting to racists, so I'd imagine it was quite a battle he fought, and for what must have been over 25 years I'd guess.

My favourite thing is when he spent 3-4 years denying any austerity measures were in place in the UK. Good times.

TWTD never forgets…

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 23:19 - Nov 18 with 3001 viewsjeera

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 21:33 - Nov 18 by tcblue

I don't think Corbyn is an anti-Semite, but I do think he finds the accusations of what is probably fire under the smoke in his party as inconvenient and overblown rather than worrisome and troubling.

I couldn't vote for any party if there was a GE. That's not a new thing but I wonder if there's many truly partisan people out there having seen how awful the main parties have been dealing with this.

Why is there no one else stepping up?

There cannot be a better opportunity for other parties to make themselves known than now surely.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 23:20 - Nov 18 with 3001 viewssparks

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 21:47 - Nov 18 by monytowbray

My favourite thing is when he spent 3-4 years denying any austerity measures were in place in the UK. Good times.

Evidence please.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 23:21 - Nov 18 with 2996 viewsmonytowbray

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 23:20 - Nov 18 by sparks

Evidence please.

On a forum that recently had all posts before 2017 removed?

TWTD never forgets…

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 23:26 - Nov 18 with 2989 viewsXYZ

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 23:20 - Nov 18 by sparks

Evidence please.

I think Gav archived it all, but I do recall GB playing that argument. I recall it was based on certain cuts being tapered into existence but don't recall the detail. I also recall that public sector wage freezes weren't taken account of.

I'm not sure Callis intended to divert the discussion from racism in the tory party and GB's experience of such.
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 08:22 - Nov 19 with 2885 viewsitfcjoe

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 19:39 - Nov 18 by J2BLUE

Are we? I thought we were discussing whether it's now ok to attack people for being Christians. Don't give me the 'I know Christians who don't have those beliefs' stuff either. The only thing worse than someone swallowing every word of the bible is people picking and choosing which bits they like.

JRM has never hidden the fact he is 'whipped by the Catholic Church'. His constituents decided it wasn't an issue.

Constituents don't really decide on the person in our system - that obviously works both ways for both parties, but Rees-Mogg is in a safe Tory seat and his constituents would vote for whoever is wearing the blue tie there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 10:08 - Nov 19 with 2837 views_

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:38 - Nov 15 by J2BLUE

Our next Prime Minister.

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 10:31 - Nov 19 with 2810 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 21:37 - Nov 18 by XYZ

Thank you for elevating my six year stint as a local Councillor to an equal status as that of the Leader of Her Majesty’s Opposition.

I must confess that there was no racism on display from the various retired estate agents, school teachers and railway signalmen who made up our local branch of the Tory party. I did manage to block a member of the Monday Club being selected as a candidate and ran the gauntlet of racist scumbags gobbing on me after I helped a young Asian couple who were being racially harassed on a council estate.

Sadly I never came into contact with any antisemites, holocaust deniers or blood libellers. But if I had I would have condemned them for the racist scum they are rather than cosy up to them and call them my friends.

I was never asked to contribute money to a known holocaust denier but if I had been then I most certainly would have declined.

I never mixed with terrorists who murdered people based on their sexuality. I was never in a position to defend an anti Semitic vicar who had peddled antisemitic conspiracy theories around the 9/11 attacks. We didn’t have any antisemitic murals in Clacton for me to defend. Facebook had not been invented back then so it was impossible for me to be a member of several antisemitic Facebook groups to which I could have often contributed, but claim I never once saw any antisemitic posts.

Sadly Iranian state TV never came calling for me to host a series of programmes during a period when homosexuals were tortured and executed. Of course I would have declined.

So again, I appreciate you elevating my status to a position far above what it actually was. I’m flattered you think so highly of me.

edited for the many spelling mistakes typed on my iphone.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 12:59]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 10:41 - Nov 19 with 2782 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 23:26 - Nov 18 by XYZ

I think Gav archived it all, but I do recall GB playing that argument. I recall it was based on certain cuts being tapered into existence but don't recall the detail. I also recall that public sector wage freezes weren't taken account of.

I'm not sure Callis intended to divert the discussion from racism in the tory party and GB's experience of such.

What I actually said, if memory serves, is that Denis Healy cut more in one year than Osborne did in six.

I believe I also said that although Osborne started his cuts one year earlier, had Labour won the election in 2010 Alistair Darling had promised spending cuts that would be "tougher and deeper" than those under Margaret Thatcher. My point being that the cuts were a necessity rather than an ideological choice.

Would you or Callis care to dispute any of that?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 10:43]

Iron Lion Zion

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 10:54 - Nov 19 with 2762 viewsCoachRob

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 10:41 - Nov 19 by GlasgowBlue

What I actually said, if memory serves, is that Denis Healy cut more in one year than Osborne did in six.

I believe I also said that although Osborne started his cuts one year earlier, had Labour won the election in 2010 Alistair Darling had promised spending cuts that would be "tougher and deeper" than those under Margaret Thatcher. My point being that the cuts were a necessity rather than an ideological choice.

Would you or Callis care to dispute any of that?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 10:43]

Glassers was educated at Ross Perot school of economics.

Dominic Raab on Marr was saying the economy could do with a fiscal boost (Keynesian) if a no deal occurs.
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 11:38 - Nov 19 with 2717 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 10:54 - Nov 19 by CoachRob

Dominic Raab on Marr was saying the economy could do with a fiscal boost (Keynesian) if a no deal occurs.

Do you care to dispute any of what I just posted?

Did Healy cut more in one year than Osborne did in six?

Did Darling promise pending cuts that would be "tougher and deeper" than those under Margaret Thatcher if Labour won the 2010 election?

Iron Lion Zion

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 11:50 - Nov 19 with 2696 viewsDarth_Koont

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 11:38 - Nov 19 by GlasgowBlue

Did Darling promise pending cuts that would be "tougher and deeper" than those under Margaret Thatcher if Labour won the 2010 election?

Pronouns: He/Him

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 11:52 - Nov 19 with 2686 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 11:50 - Nov 19 by Darth_Koont

You're back.

How's the hangover?

Iron Lion Zion

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 11:57 - Nov 19 with 2673 viewsDarth_Koont

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 11:52 - Nov 19 by GlasgowBlue

You're back.

How's the hangover?

Non-existent.

Accusing me of being drunk? You really are pulling out all the "tricks".

Pronouns: He/Him

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 11:59 - Nov 19 with 2658 viewsCoachRob

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 11:38 - Nov 19 by GlasgowBlue

"Cuts were necessary not ideological" bit is what is plain wrong Glassers. You being an expert in neoclassical economics will know that this ideology comes from Ricardian equivalence built on by Robert Barro and led to fantasies such as EU Stability and Growth Pact. Try learning from economists like Wynne Godley.
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 12:02 - Nov 19 with 2638 viewsStokieBlue

Your second sentence is hardly surprising is it given we live in a Keynesian economic model?

The level of stimulus would be the interesting issue, especially given bond sales were poor the other day at the auction.

That would be an issue for whoever is in government, Labour want to finance loads using bond sales and the Tories would want to boost the economy via them (although they could go back to QE I guess although not an ideal route).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 12:05 - Nov 19 with 2635 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 11:59 - Nov 19 by CoachRob

"Cuts were necessary not ideological" bit is what is plain wrong Glassers. You being an expert in neoclassical economics will know that this ideology comes from Ricardian equivalence built on by Robert Barro and led to fantasies such as EU Stability and Growth Pact. Try learning from economists like Wynne Godley.

If they were ideological then surely you are accusing the Brown government of being driven by the same ideology as the Tories?

Anyway, I hadn't intended to have a debate about the rights and wrongs of austerity. I was merely clarifying what I had posted in the past after Callus and XYZ had made up there own version of events.

Iron Lion Zion

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 12:18 - Nov 19 with 2614 viewsNo9

Didn't Mr Raab actually say that IF we took all the money not going to the EU & give it to business?
That's the NHS et al screwed isn't it
& hasn't business had enough hand outs since 2010?
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 12:37 - Nov 19 with 2586 viewsBiGDonnie

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:08 - Nov 15 by Vic

But he does at least debate and defend his position rather than fall into simple insults about the other persons character, parentage, education, IQ, and comparing them to parts of female anatomy, etc.

bTW, why do insults seem to involve women’s anatomical parts and not men’s?

Not all of em do, d*ckhead!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 12:44 - Nov 19 with 2571 viewsNo9

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 12:02 - Nov 19 by StokieBlue

Your second sentence is hardly surprising is it given we live in a Keynesian economic model?

The level of stimulus would be the interesting issue, especially given bond sales were poor the other day at the auction.

That would be an issue for whoever is in government, Labour want to finance loads using bond sales and the Tories would want to boost the economy via them (although they could go back to QE I guess although not an ideal route).

SB

Do you really beleive we are living in a Keynesian economic model?
That does not appear to eb the case & hasn't for some time, it's more the Chicago model now & has been since '79
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024