Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think May is actually doing well... 17:44 - Nov 15 with 4333 viewsunstableblue

.... in just awful conditions

Are people so thick that if we continue to drag this shambolic decision out any further then we are going to completely feck up our economy

Back herband let’s move on for God’s sake

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

I think May is actually doing well... on 17:45 - Nov 15 with 2924 viewsJ2BLUE

You Trump supporting Brexiteers make me sick

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I think May is actually doing well... on 17:56 - Nov 15 with 2869 viewsStokieBlue

Calling people thick is what got us into this problem in the first place.

Amazing that hasn't been taken onboard.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:05 - Nov 15 with 2842 viewsSpruceMoose

'He stuck to it and got the runs in the end' - May cites Geoffrey Boycott as her Brexit inspiration

Q: You are a cricket fan. How many wickets need to fall in your cabinet before your walk?

May says one of her cricket heroes was Geoffrey Boycott.

And what do you know about Geoffrey Boycott? Geoffrey Boycott stuck to it. And he got the runs in the end.

Not sure about the wisden of using Geoff as an example considering he used to knock women about as well as runs...
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 18:06]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:14 - Nov 15 with 2802 viewsfactual_blue

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:05 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

'He stuck to it and got the runs in the end' - May cites Geoffrey Boycott as her Brexit inspiration

Q: You are a cricket fan. How many wickets need to fall in your cabinet before your walk?

And what do you know about Geoffrey Boycott? Geoffrey Boycott stuck to it. And he got the runs in the end.

Not sure about the wisden of using Geoff as an example considering he used to knock women about as well as runs...

Here's her hero being done over by a public schoolboy.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:15 - Nov 15 with 2792 viewsEastTownBlue

Just needs Botham to deliberately run her out.
I think May is actually doing well... on 18:16 - Nov 15 with 2781 viewsSpruceMoose

People be downvoing facts.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:22 - Nov 15 with 2752 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I think May is actually doing well... on 17:56 - Nov 15 by StokieBlue

SB

1 million percent this

Always seem to come from supposed Labour-supporting, look out for the poorer in society too

Which is interesting
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 18:22]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:25 - Nov 15 with 2733 viewsSpruceMoose

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:22 - Nov 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

1 million percent this

Always seem to come from supposed Labour-supporting, look out for the poorer in society too

Which is interesting
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 18:22]

Can't we call a spade a spade? Thick is as thick does. The people pointing out gross stupidity are the true patriots here.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 18:28]

Login to get fewer ads

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:28 - Nov 15 with 2717 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:25 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

Can't we call a spade a spade? Thick is as thick does. The people pointing out gross stupidity are the true patriots here.

You can call people what you like, you just shouldn’t be surprised if the so-called thick, downtrodden and struggling take an opportunity to stick two fingers up at the status quo

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:29 - Nov 15 with 2707 viewsSpruceMoose

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:28 - Nov 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You can call people what you like, you just shouldn’t be surprised if the so-called thick, downtrodden and struggling take an opportunity to stick two fingers up at the status quo

They'd have done it anyway. The argument that we need to listen to stupid statements, lies and prejudice with respect just so we don't upset the people with the stupid statements, lies and prejudices holds no water.

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:34 - Nov 15 with 2682 viewslinhdi

I think he was acquitted btw.
I think May is actually doing well... on 18:35 - Nov 15 with 2676 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:29 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

They'd have done it anyway. The argument that we need to listen to stupid statements, lies and prejudice with respect just so we don't upset the people with the stupid statements, lies and prejudices holds no water.

And another perfect example, good work

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:36 - Nov 15 with 2676 viewsPhilTWTD

Friend of mine was like that with a curry once.
I think May is actually doing well... on 18:37 - Nov 15 with 2668 viewsSpruceMoose

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:34 - Nov 15 by linhdi

"In 1996, Boycott assaulted Margaret Moore, a former lover. Boycott denied the charges, claiming she had fallen over and injured herself. He pointed to the fact that Moore was in financial difficulties and said that he would never hit a woman.

However, in the second trial beginning on 20 October 1998, Boycott, having missed the first trial in January where his conviction had been set, appeared before a French magistrates' court and was given a three-month suspended sentence,[174] and his £5,300 fine was confirmed. He was criticised by the Magistrate for the way he conducted his case and for "rudely interrupting" Mrs Moore's barrister."

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:38 - Nov 15 with 2663 viewssolemio

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:34 - Nov 15 by linhdi

If you are correct does this make the Moose libellous?
I think May is actually doing well... on 18:40 - Nov 15 with 2652 viewsSpruceMoose

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:35 - Nov 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

What's your argument? That we need to listen to stupid peoples' stupid stuff respectfully so they don't go ahead and do what they will end up doing anyway?

Please, enlighten me so I don't make the same mistake again, because I'm afraid I'm still tempted to tell stupid people that I think they're stupid for saying genuinely stupid, false or prejudicial things.

Calling people thick did not cause Brexit.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 18:42]

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:42 - Nov 15 with 2638 viewsSpruceMoose

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:38 - Nov 15 by solemio

If you are correct does this make the Moose libellous?

They are not correct. See above.

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:50 - Nov 15 with 2607 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:40 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

What's your argument? That we need to listen to stupid peoples' stupid stuff respectfully so they don't go ahead and do what they will end up doing anyway?

Please, enlighten me so I don't make the same mistake again, because I'm afraid I'm still tempted to tell stupid people that I think they're stupid for saying genuinely stupid, false or prejudicial things.

Calling people thick did not cause Brexit.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 18:42]

That just maybe it would have been better to have listened and acted on people’s concerns in the first place, rather than just ignoring them and calling them thick

Of course yes, there is a minority of people that fit your profile but 52% of the voting public aren’t bigoted racists, funnily enough

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:53 - Nov 15 with 2601 viewsBlueBadger

I think May is actually doing well... on 17:56 - Nov 15 by StokieBlue

SB

Calling people thick isn't the problem, people BEING thick, however...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:54 - Nov 15 with 2590 viewsSpruceMoose

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:50 - Nov 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That just maybe it would have been better to have listened and acted on people’s concerns in the first place, rather than just ignoring them and calling them thick

Of course yes, there is a minority of people that fit your profile but 52% of the voting public aren’t bigoted racists, funnily enough

The original point was that calling people thick caused Brexit.

My position is why should we listen to those voters (not all voters, but the thick prejudiced ones), why would we treat their backwards views with respect and seriousness?

That's akin to the BBC putting climate change deniers on an equal footing with climate scientists.

Yes, you're entitled to your viewpoint, but when it's clearly baseless bobbins you don't deserve to be treated with respect.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 18:54]

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:55 - Nov 15 with 2581 viewsStokieBlue

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:25 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

Everyone can be stupid sometimes though.

For instance, I was just making a cherry tomato tarte tatin and once I took it out the oven I did something else and forgot the handle was hot and picked it up. Massive burn on my hand now and clearly this is an idiotic thing to do.

Fine to call me an idiot for this event. To call people idiots wholesale is part of the problem as I'm sure you know.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:57 - Nov 15 with 2563 viewsPinewoodblue

He also scored 246 in a test match against India and was dropped for selfish batting .

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:57 - Nov 15 with 2559 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:54 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

The original point was that calling people thick caused Brexit.

My position is why should we listen to those voters (not all voters, but the thick prejudiced ones), why would we treat their backwards views with respect and seriousness?

That's akin to the BBC putting climate change deniers on an equal footing with climate scientists.

Yes, you're entitled to your viewpoint, but when it's clearly baseless bobbins you don't deserve to be treated with respect.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 18:54]

No honestly that’s fine, rather than try and understand the root cause just carry on looking down and assuming your views are more legitimate, it’s worked brilliantly so far

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:59 - Nov 15 with 2547 viewsSpruceMoose

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:57 - Nov 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No honestly that’s fine, rather than try and understand the root cause just carry on looking down and assuming your views are more legitimate, it’s worked brilliantly so far

Well neither the non-stupid people, or the stupid people, have got what they wanted, or are looking like getting what they wanted, so at least we can all be miserable together!

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:59 - Nov 15 with 2547 viewsBlueBadger

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:35 - Nov 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

What you're arguing for here is 'BBC bias' wherein, in order to display 'balance' that isn't really there one invites someone who actually Knows Their Stuff and sits them in studio with someone who has basically made up their whole argument on the hoof.

See also: climate change, homeopathy

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024