Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I should never have been able to vote in the referendum 20:17 - Nov 15 with 7245 viewsgtsb

I consider myself fairly intelligent, not as much as some on here , but the last few weeks of watching the news and reading the papers have shown that I didn't have a clue what being in or out of Europe would mean, not a clue. I would say 80% of the country didn't either. We should never have had a referendum.
I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:18 - Nov 15 with 3090 viewsSpruceMoose

This is my position too.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:20 - Nov 15 with 3085 viewsFtnfwest

A lot of people are floating the idea of a far more complicated one now
I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:20 - Nov 15 with 3077 viewsGlasgowBlue

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:18 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

This is my position too.

So you are completely against a second referendum then?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:21 - Nov 15 with 3063 viewsJ2BLUE

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:18 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

This is my position too.

Mine too

The OP is far too stupid to have a vote

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:23 - Nov 15 with 3059 viewsVic

That’s ok - you had as much understanding as 99% of the politicians at the time!

Only in the last few months has it become clear just what’s involved. I don’t believe the Remainers who said they knew how hard it would be. No one mentioned the Irish border issue, for eg.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:25 - Nov 15 with 3044 viewsSpruceMoose

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:20 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

So you are completely against a second referendum then?

Nah. Horse has already bolted. The can of worms has been opened. Two wrongs make a right. We've started so may as well finish. The precident has been set.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 20:27]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:27 - Nov 15 with 3030 viewsGlasgowBlue

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:25 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

Nah. Horse has already bolted. The can of worms has been opened. Two wrongs make a right. We've started so may as well finish. The precident has been set.

I love how all these people who don't believe in referendums and think that people are too thick to make an informed decision are now calling for a second referendum.

I'm all in favour of a second referendum btw.

Iron Lion Zion

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:27 - Nov 15 with 3027 viewsNo9

I always saw this coming because I have come to see many of our politicians know little or nothing about the EU & it's workings let alone the laws under which it works. & the brexiteers lie because the media have let them.

I can only say that because of the time I have spent a lot of time working within the EU and for EU companies so I appreciate your candour.
Login to get fewer ads

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:27 - Nov 15 with 3023 viewsJ2BLUE

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:25 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

Take a sip of a McDonalds Millionaire's latte and you'll see that abandoning things you start has merit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:28 - Nov 15 with 3018 viewsSpruceMoose

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:27 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

I love how all these people who don't believe in referendums and think that people are too thick to make an informed decision are now calling for a second referendum.

If you love it why do you sound so grumpy?

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:29 - Nov 15 with 3027 viewsFootballpete

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:23 - Nov 15 by Vic

That’s ok - you had as much understanding as 99% of the politicians at the time!

Only in the last few months has it become clear just what’s involved. I don’t believe the Remainers who said they knew how hard it would be. No one mentioned the Irish border issue, for eg.

Many people mentioned the issue of the Irish border. It was either dismissed as operation fear, or interrupted by idiots banging on about Volkswagens.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:30 - Nov 15 with 3006 viewsSpruceMoose

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:27 - Nov 15 by J2BLUE

Take a sip of a McDonalds Millionaire's latte and you'll see that abandoning things you start has merit.

I would never buy one to begin with. Some people are smart enough to know that you don't have to try something to tell that it'll be a sh!tshow.

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:30 - Nov 15 with 3005 viewsGlasgowBlue

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:28 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

If you love it why do you sound so grumpy?

Where do I purchase this new add on for TWTD which features the sounds of a poster's voice?

Iron Lion Zion

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:31 - Nov 15 with 2979 viewsSpruceMoose

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:30 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

Where do I purchase this new add on for TWTD which features the sounds of a poster's voice?

It's built into thread mode. I went there by mistake once. Never again.

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:32 - Nov 15 with 2970 viewsGlasgowBlue

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:31 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

It's built into thread mode. I went there by mistake once. Never again.

You missed a trick there. I know somebody who is selling the service for $15.99

Iron Lion Zion

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:33 - Nov 15 with 2962 viewsSpruceMoose

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:32 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

You missed a trick there. I know somebody who is selling the service for $15.99

They'll go out of business at those prices.

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:42 - Nov 15 with 2917 viewsVic

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:29 - Nov 15 by Footballpete

Many people mentioned the issue of the Irish border. It was either dismissed as operation fear, or interrupted by idiots banging on about Volkswagens.

Did they? Ok, but I certainly don’t remember hearing it - certainly as the big issue it has become.

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:46 - Nov 15 with 2895 viewsPinewoodblue

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:27 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

Just for the record are you also in favour of another Scottish independence referendum.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:46 - Nov 15 with 2893 viewsFootballpete

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:42 - Nov 15 by Vic

Did they? Ok, but I certainly don’t remember hearing it - certainly as the big issue it has become.

It should’ve been at the forefront of the remain campaign I agree, but the issue was certainly raised. What did those who voted leave think would happen with Ireland?
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 20:47]

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:48 - Nov 15 with 2877 viewsGlasgowBlue

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:42 - Nov 15 by Vic

I don't recall it being mentioned during the referendum campaign. It only cropped up about 18 months ago as far as I am aware.

Of course we had a common travel area between ROI and NI before either of us joined the EU.

Iron Lion Zion

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:48 - Nov 15 with 2880 viewssolemio

The precedent was set by Harold Wilson in 1975. He has a lot to answer for ..... or he would if he were still alive.
I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:50 - Nov 15 with 2872 viewsjaykay

as football pete said,it was classed as project fear. when deals could be done in afternoon
was all the rage and cards were being held close to our professional negotiators chests

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:53 - Nov 15 with 2859 viewsVic

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:46 - Nov 15 by Footballpete

It should’ve been at the forefront of the remain campaign I agree, but the issue was certainly raised. What did those who voted leave think would happen with Ireland?
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 20:47]

Personally I didn’t give it a thought, but probably thought we’d have a border like before. Can’t see the problem with it really, but appreciate it’s a pretty imotice subject for all concerned over there.

The fact that we seem so unbrakably tied to the EU simply confirms my desire to leave. I feel it’s shocking the way they have member nations by the short and Curlies. We’re probably one of the very few that could just about get away with breaking away and not being completely ruined. Italy, Spain, Greece, etc, certainly couldn’t.

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:55 - Nov 15 with 2853 viewscaught-in-limbo

It was one of the points I raised over and over again in my belief that the Brexit referendum was disingenuous and "leave" would never happen, a position I have held unwaveringly since (as well as before) the vote.

I guess that makes me really intelligent, which is weird because I would have voted leave if I had been able to do so.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 20:58]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

I should never have been able to vote in the referendum on 20:57 - Nov 15 with 2829 viewsBloomBlue

But that's the same with general elections
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024