Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Manager 2019 - ITFC 10:02 - Nov 16 with 6141 viewspablosturn

Hi All

Anyone managed to get ITFC up in the first couple of seasons on the new football manager, I am having a hell of a run, but the small squad and small budget is quite a challenge!

Any updates from others experiences most welcome!

PT
Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 11:05 - Nov 16 with 5663 viewsdavblue

Finished 6th first season and lost in the play off final 1-0.

Scored 51 goals and conceded 31, i didn't quite have the right balance attacking wise but had 57% average possession and created lots of shots and chances but couldn't take them.

I also didn't concede a goal for 11 games, despite me playing a positive style.

Currently top 2nd season after 6 games.

I got Hugil, Batth on perm deals and Demari Gray, Harry Wilson, Harrison from City in on loan.
Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 11:08 - Nov 16 with 5654 viewsDanTheMan

I started off at AFC Telford and then made my way to ITFC about 3 seasons in. They weren't doing that well but most of the squad was still there.

I got them promoted on second try, been using a very slightly modified Gegenpress template. Been great for me so far.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 11:18 - Nov 16 with 5630 viewsAce_High1

I have done my usual first game and started with Dortmund.

Fantastic club to be they have lots of good young players and I maintain a similar approach, sign young players, develop them and give them game time and then every year sell a couple of the senior players for big money to the big boys and re-invest the money.

Always works well and seem to dominate Germany as Bayern just keep spending massive fees on players they don't need.
Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 11:25 - Nov 16 with 5618 viewsStanwayTractorboy

Won the league first season, Kayden Jackson scored 35 goals. Finished 7th in Prem first season.
Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 11:27 - Nov 16 with 5611 viewsfooters

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 11:25 - Nov 16 by StanwayTractorboy

Won the league first season, Kayden Jackson scored 35 goals. Finished 7th in Prem first season.

Fancy being our manager irl?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 11:40 - Nov 16 with 5587 viewsGlebeTractor

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 11:05 - Nov 16 by davblue

Scored 51 goals and conceded 31, i didn't quite have the right balance attacking wise but had 57% average possession and created lots of shots and chances but couldn't take them.

I got Hugil, Batth on perm deals and Demari Gray, Harry Wilson, Harrison from City in on loan.

I sold pretty much everyone by January. Now in February and my starting 11 is similar to the below. Sitting 14th at the moment.

Bart
Donacian -- Nisala -- Cotter -- Kenlock
Huws -- McGavin
McKendry -- Dozzell -- Ward
Folami

Just need to workout whether or not to move huws into DM and and Doz into MC.

McGavin is bloody excellent though, some cracking long passes / assists so far.

EDIT: am looking forward to the end of the season when Emmanuel / Wolf / Nydam return.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 11:41]

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

on 11:48 - Nov 16 with 5562 views_

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 11:55 - Nov 16 with 5547 viewspablosturn

Just finished my first season! Side has mainly been:
Bart
Spence Nsiala Chambers Knudsen

Nolan Skuse Allan (Hibs)

Edwards Morgan (Celtic)

Sorloth (Palace Loan)

Won the league with 83 points, a good haul playing skuse in front of back four, two wingers in Morgan and Edwards and Sorloth is a beast up front, no idea how I got him on loan for half a season, 13 goals for me!

Now how to stay up with £35m to spend......hmmmmmm
Login to get fewer ads

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 11:58 - Nov 16 with 5544 viewsDubtractor

I got up in first season after scraping 6th place, no major changes to squad but a bit more firepower brought in on January.

Premier league so far is a world of pain! Bought in kodija and Dwight Gayle and both have been crap.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 12:04 - Nov 16 with 5530 viewsLongLegs

On a good run on my first season, currently sitting in 4th with 10 games to go.

GK- Bart
DEF - Spence Chambers Nsisa Knudsen
MID - Skuse Huws Nolan
AM - Edwards, Piazon (Chlesea)
ST - Jackson

Not much change in the side and Nolan is an absolute beast in my game. Scores worldies all the time
Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 12:09 - Nov 16 with 5512 viewsGlebeTractor

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 11:55 - Nov 16 by pablosturn

Just finished my first season! Side has mainly been:
Bart
Spence Nsiala Chambers Knudsen

Nolan Skuse Allan (Hibs)

Edwards Morgan (Celtic)

Sorloth (Palace Loan)

Won the league with 83 points, a good haul playing skuse in front of back four, two wingers in Morgan and Edwards and Sorloth is a beast up front, no idea how I got him on loan for half a season, 13 goals for me!

Now how to stay up with £35m to spend......hmmmmmm

Play 10 at the back, all "no nonsense defenders" haha

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 13:17 - Nov 16 with 5424 viewsNuggets

I've only got the mobile version, but in my first season as Town boss, I finished 12th, topped the table in my second season, and in my third season (first season in the Premier League) I finished 4th and were also League Cup finalists! Mobile version designed to be more 'pick up and play' and it's a lot more streamlined, which makes it an easier game. Player ratings are the same, so if you're Ipswich manager I recommend playing a 4-2-3-1 with two central midfielders as box-to-box players and your wingers as inside-forwards.

Good players at Ipswich, on my playthrough:
Ellis Harrison - top scorer for two years in a row during Championship.
Ben Folami - one of the highest-rated strikers in my team now and finished second Top Goalscorer in the Premier League.
Josh Emmanuel - four star right back.
Toto Nsiala - a rock. Almost an ever-present for me.
Andre Dozzell - 20/20 for passing.
Jack Lankester - early signs he'll become a top player.

Players to sign
First season get Robert Huth in on a free. Brilliant centre back.
Eberechi Eze - plays for QPR. I signed him in PL and he's brilliant. Got Player of the Season.
Fellaini - on a free second season, two years over a 7.00 rating.

Blog: Disappointing Result, But Can Some of Us Drop the Sense of Entitlement?

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 13:22 - Nov 16 with 5415 viewsFrimleyBlue

Out of interest guys, I've seen the previews of the game and it looks quite in depth. Is there a quick version for those who don't really have the time to spend hours on it but maybe the occasional Friday evening

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 13:30 - Nov 16 with 5390 viewsNuggets

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 13:22 - Nov 16 by FrimleyBlue

Out of interest guys, I've seen the previews of the game and it looks quite in depth. Is there a quick version for those who don't really have the time to spend hours on it but maybe the occasional Friday evening

I recommend FM Mobile 2019 on Apply Store and Android. £7.99 (when I bought it) and is a more streamlined, yet still addictive, version of Football Manager. Like you, I cannot justify or dedicate many hours a week on the full-version game anymore, but the mobile version is so fast. No press conferences, team talks, repeatedly hitting Continue / space bar to cycle through the days. You manage a match, and within a few clicks you can be playing the next game moments later.

Blog: Disappointing Result, But Can Some of Us Drop the Sense of Entitlement?

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 13:34 - Nov 16 with 5381 viewsFrimleyBlue

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 13:30 - Nov 16 by Nuggets

I recommend FM Mobile 2019 on Apply Store and Android. £7.99 (when I bought it) and is a more streamlined, yet still addictive, version of Football Manager. Like you, I cannot justify or dedicate many hours a week on the full-version game anymore, but the mobile version is so fast. No press conferences, team talks, repeatedly hitting Continue / space bar to cycle through the days. You manage a match, and within a few clicks you can be playing the next game moments later.

Thanks, will have a look

I also can't risk divorce again due to a football management game lol. " just 1 more game" was always a lie.....

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 13:49 - Nov 16 with 5355 viewsCoastalblue

Last season I played the "Touch" version which comes with the game, I'm assuming it does this year too?

A bit more streamlined and quicker to play than the main game, I find it takes me a good couple of weeks just to get through preseason these days on the full game.

I shall purchase in January I expect. let them iron out the bugs and release the update first.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 14:11 - Nov 16 with 5324 viewsdavblue

on 11:48 - Nov 16 by _

Not surprised with that team.
on 14:17 - Nov 16 with 5312 views_

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 14:11 - Nov 16 by davblue

Not surprised with that team.

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 14:42 - Nov 16 with 5278 viewsGlebeTractor

Instead of buying the full game off steam, purchase FM2019 Touch this will enable you to basically play the game, without the training and a few other features, a much quicker game, but still get the proper gameplay etc.

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 16:47 - Nov 16 with 5183 viewsCoastalblue

This thread cost me £21.99.

I've resisted, always try to wait until January now having had badly burnt fingers in the past, went off had a read and came back with the Touch version.

Your fault Pablos

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 16:56 - Nov 16 with 5168 viewsNORFOLK_BLUE

Armando Dobra! He is a beast on my game. He is the reason we haven't gone down I think. First season was 8 goals and 12 assists, second season 12 goals and 22 assists!

Season 3 now (11th, and 10th in first 2) now and I can't seem to get a formation that works. Playing Nolan and Nydam in the middle with Dobra behind Folami / Sears is ok, but cat't sign any defenders to cover an aging Chambers and the red-card prone Nsiala.

Also got big boys sniffing around Kenlock now so might have to sell and use the funds to bye a new back 4. But whilst in Championship there is no budget and free transfers want to much money, even in just agents fee's!
Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 17:11 - Nov 16 with 5138 viewsCoastalblue

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 16:56 - Nov 16 by NORFOLK_BLUE

Armando Dobra! He is a beast on my game. He is the reason we haven't gone down I think. First season was 8 goals and 12 assists, second season 12 goals and 22 assists!

Season 3 now (11th, and 10th in first 2) now and I can't seem to get a formation that works. Playing Nolan and Nydam in the middle with Dobra behind Folami / Sears is ok, but cat't sign any defenders to cover an aging Chambers and the red-card prone Nsiala.

Also got big boys sniffing around Kenlock now so might have to sell and use the funds to bye a new back 4. But whilst in Championship there is no budget and free transfers want to much money, even in just agents fee's!

So there is some realism there then!

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 17:13 - Nov 16 with 5134 viewsJ2BLUE

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 11:05 - Nov 16 by davblue

The complete lack of realism doesn't take anything away for you?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 17:56 - Nov 16 with 5093 viewsdavblue

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 17:13 - Nov 16 by J2BLUE

No I really enjoy the game.
Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 18:00 - Nov 16 with 5086 viewsKieran_Knows

Football Manager 2019 - ITFC on 17:13 - Nov 16 by J2BLUE

I think that’s why I can never bring myself to be Town on FM. I end up ripping the squad apart and filling it with players that we’d never sign IRL.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024