Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stretch jeans... 11:49 - Nov 16 with 5772 viewssparks

WTF?

I have lost a decent amount of weight. Need new jeans. I'm not especially fussy and have no interest in what labels say. But some decent well fitting jeans is what I require. So I have been for a poke around a number of stores- including the supermarkets and (I confess) matalan, TK Maxx et al.

EVERY SINGLE PAIR OF JEANS IS "STRETCH". Fitted, boot cut, straight, classic, skiiny- all with "Stretch". Why? If htey fit right they dont need ot stretch. I have no interest in that bizarre look that some of these youngsters they have now, indulge in- whereby jeans are a bit baggy7 at the top and then sking tight around the calves. I just want normal non stretch jeans. When did this happen. And why?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Stretch jeans... on 11:53 - Nov 16 with 2567 viewsNo9

Try Meyer jeans / chinos
Stretch jeans... on 11:55 - Nov 16 with 2560 viewsDubtractor

2 things.

1 agree that finding a straight fit, non stretch, pair of jeans is harder than it should be.

2 nice Stewart leeism in your post.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Stretch jeans... on 12:00 - Nov 16 with 2553 viewssparks

Stretch jeans... on 11:53 - Nov 16 by No9

Try Meyer jeans / chinos

I googled Meyer jeans. They are an absurd £100 plus a pair and all the ones that came up were "Stretch"!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Stretch jeans... on 12:05 - Nov 16 with 2544 viewsBluespeed225

also avoid the 'designer ripped' affairs. On a male, it looks pathetic.
Stretch jeans... on 12:08 - Nov 16 with 2537 viewschicoazul

Look for raw denim, H&M do them. But yeah most jeans off the high st nowadays have some stretch in them, this is presumably something to do with economies of scale of using 95% denim in jeans instead of 100%

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Stretch jeans... on 12:09 - Nov 16 with 2530 viewsKeno

I share your pain bro

try

https://www.wrangler.co.uk/uk-en/mens-clothing/shop-by-category/mens-jeans/green

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

on 12:09 - Nov 16 with 2520 views_

Stretch jeans... on 12:08 - Nov 16 by chicoazul

Look for raw denim, H&M do them. But yeah most jeans off the high st nowadays have some stretch in them, this is presumably something to do with economies of scale of using 95% denim in jeans instead of 100%

Stretch jeans... on 12:10 - Nov 16 with 2526 viewsSWGF

I'm in the same boat as you Lost a bit of timber and looking for something not resembling "Dad jeans". Currently, I'm having daily deliveries/pickups of dozens of pairs. Had a delivery in the last 15mins. I don't want to spend too much as I may lose a bit more "Terry"; think that might be the problem.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

Stretch jeans... on 12:11 - Nov 16 with 2516 viewschicoazul

on 12:09 - Nov 16 by _

This is indeed true. Did you know for e.g. that almost all 34" jeans are in fact 36"? This is called vanity sizing. Take your jeans lie them flat and use a tape measure to measure from one side to the other if you dont believe me.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Stretch jeans... on 12:13 - Nov 16 with 2509 viewschicoazul

Stretch jeans... on 12:10 - Nov 16 by SWGF

I'm in the same boat as you Lost a bit of timber and looking for something not resembling "Dad jeans". Currently, I'm having daily deliveries/pickups of dozens of pairs. Had a delivery in the last 15mins. I don't want to spend too much as I may lose a bit more "Terry"; think that might be the problem.

Pro tip from someone who went down 2 waist sizes in a year or so and has to restock on pretty much everything; Topman are surprisingly good on denim, carry a wide range of stock and fits, and are good prices. H&M are also good as are Uniqlo if there is one near you.

Stretch jeans... on 12:14 - Nov 16 with 2499 viewsKieran_Knows

Stretch jeans... on 12:13 - Nov 16 by chicoazul

Pro tip from someone who went down 2 waist sizes in a year or so and has to restock on pretty much everything; Topman are surprisingly good on denim, carry a wide range of stock and fits, and are good prices. H&M are also good as are Uniqlo if there is one near you.

I vouch for Topman as well. All my jeans are currently from there at the moment.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Stretch jeans... on 12:15 - Nov 16 with 2495 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I must confess to love 'stretch' jeans as well as any 'stretch' trousers or chinos.. Marks & Spencers do a terrific range.

I find stretch jeans are so much more comfortable as I'm quite an active person and the amount of times I've ripped the crotch jumping 2 steps on the stairs had become a bit embarrassing. Plus having a large posterior and chunky thighs means that most jeans are bit of a compromise in fitting (e.g Huge waist), but stretch jeans are far more comfortable fitting
Stretch jeans... on 12:16 - Nov 16 with 2479 viewschicoazul

Stretch jeans... on 12:14 - Nov 16 by Kieran_Knows

I vouch for Topman as well. All my jeans are currently from there at the moment.

I hadnt been in one for about 15 years and when I walked in I felt like a right sad old fcker BUT on the everyday high street they are definitely the best. If you can put up with the music they play and the headache inducing sweatshirts they sell it's a good shop.

Stretch jeans... on 12:17 - Nov 16 with 2476 viewsKeno

Stretch jeans... on 12:16 - Nov 16 by chicoazul

I hadnt been in one for about 15 years and when I walked in I felt like a right sad old fcker BUT on the everyday high street they are definitely the best. If you can put up with the music they play and the headache inducing sweatshirts they sell it's a good shop.

to be fair I get this feeling "I felt like a right sad old fcker" most places I go

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Stretch jeans... on 12:18 - Nov 16 with 2472 viewschicoazul

Stretch jeans... on 12:17 - Nov 16 by Keno

to be fair I get this feeling "I felt like a right sad old fcker" most places I go

You need to stay out of the local convent school Keno.

on 12:21 - Nov 16 with 2455 views_

Stretch jeans... on 12:11 - Nov 16 by chicoazul

This is indeed true. Did you know for e.g. that almost all 34" jeans are in fact 36"? This is called vanity sizing. Take your jeans lie them flat and use a tape measure to measure from one side to the other if you dont believe me.

Stretch jeans... on 12:21 - Nov 16 with 2461 viewsBloomBlue

Coes of Ipswich; they even sell jeans which sit on your waist not your hips
Stretch jeans... on 12:23 - Nov 16 with 2445 viewschicoazul

on 12:21 - Nov 16 by _

True but I bet the ones true to size are the expensive ones and we know OP is a penny pinching miser.

Stretch jeans... on 12:23 - Nov 16 with 2446 viewssparks

Stretch jeans... on 12:21 - Nov 16 by BloomBlue

Jeans should sit on hips. Unless they are girls' jeans.

However, I am not inclined to a 4 hour drive to get jeans in any event :-)

Stretch jeans... on 12:23 - Nov 16 with 2446 viewsSWGF

Stretch jeans... on 12:13 - Nov 16 by chicoazul

Will take a look. Don't tell the cool kids but I'm blitzing Next at the moment. Have done 6" of waistline in 10 weeks so my old jeans are peak "Dad jeans" at the moment.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Stretch jeans... on 12:25 - Nov 16 with 2439 viewschicoazul

Stretch jeans... on 12:23 - Nov 16 by SWGF

Will take a look. Don't tell the cool kids but I'm blitzing Next at the moment. Have done 6" of waistline in 10 weeks so my old jeans are peak "Dad jeans" at the moment.

Congratulations! That's some admirable shredding my brother.

on 12:28 - Nov 16 with 2426 views_

Stretch jeans... on 12:23 - Nov 16 by chicoazul

True but I bet the ones true to size are the expensive ones and we know OP is a penny pinching miser.

on 12:28 - Nov 16 with 2426 views_

Stretch jeans... on 12:21 - Nov 16 by BloomBlue

Stretch jeans... on 12:46 - Nov 16 with 2394 viewssparks

Stretch jeans... on 12:23 - Nov 16 by chicoazul

Where on earth do you get that from!??

Stretch jeans... on 12:47 - Nov 16 with 2385 viewschicoazul

Stretch jeans... on 12:46 - Nov 16 by sparks

Where on earth do you get that from!??

Only a gentle joke my guy based on you saying earlier £100 per pair was too much.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024