Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jon Nolan 14:08 - Nov 16 with 1782 viewsRobTheMonk

As I'm fed up of Brexit and 'Ipswich Town players as types of potato crisp duck legged obese giraffe testicles' I'm starting a Jon Nolan thread.

Do we think he can improve under Lambert? When I've seen him I see a tidy player that almost seemed scared to take a chance; safe balls galore. Had he reached his glass ceiling at Shrewsbury?

I've said before that I think he needs to add a little 'swagger' to his game. Chalobah, although not my favourite, has footballing swagger in abudance - almost too much at times. No one particualy stood out in Hurst's tenure apart from maybe Edwards. In less than a week Lambert has got Jordan Roberts doing reasonably well up top. Can he do something similar with Nolan in the midfield?
Jon Nolan on 14:12 - Nov 16 with 1761 viewsFrimleyBlue

Nope, I think he'll be gone in January

Along with
Nsiala
Graham
Edun

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Jon Nolan on 14:19 - Nov 16 with 1730 viewsOsborneOneNil

I sincerely hope he can do something under Lambert. He has some class about him, great touch, nice turn, neat and tidy. I agree, he needs to get some swagger, and belief about him.

I'll be positive and say yes, he will improve.
Jon Nolan on 14:20 - Nov 16 with 1721 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Think there's a decent player in there, who could be of value to us..

But I think Skuse, Downes, Chalobah and Dozzell are all well ahead of him in the pecking order and with Bish closing in on possibly be ready for some game time, i'm not too sure if or when Nolan will have a chance between now and January.. Where we will likely look to do some business both incoming and outgoing.
Jon Nolan on 14:25 - Nov 16 with 1712 viewsFixed_It

That's a bit potato crisp duck legged obese giraffe testicles-ist isn't it?! You should be ashamed...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Jon Nolan on 16:33 - Nov 16 with 1616 viewsfactual_blue

Jon Nolan on 14:25 - Nov 16 by Fixed_It

That's a bit potato crisp duck legged obese giraffe testicles-ist isn't it?! You should be ashamed...

We won't be able to buy any of those things in a jakob rank-snot post-brexit britain.

Nolan Out!

Boo

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Jon Nolan on 16:41 - Nov 16 with 1601 viewsJimmyJazz

Jon Nolan on 14:20 - Nov 16 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Think there's a decent player in there, who could be of value to us..

But I think Skuse, Downes, Chalobah and Dozzell are all well ahead of him in the pecking order and with Bish closing in on possibly be ready for some game time, i'm not too sure if or when Nolan will have a chance between now and January.. Where we will likely look to do some business both incoming and outgoing.

Agree, not sure if Lambert has a lot of leeway to give everyone a fair run in the team.

The window was quite possibly that first week / days of training. Roberts grabbed the chance and reaped the rewards. Nolan and Ward and others who haven't been seen since Hurst left have got a lot to do to get a chance

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Jon Nolan on 16:48 - Nov 16 with 1582 viewsITFC_Forever

Jon Nolan on 16:41 - Nov 16 by JimmyJazz

Agree, not sure if Lambert has a lot of leeway to give everyone a fair run in the team.

The window was quite possibly that first week / days of training. Roberts grabbed the chance and reaped the rewards. Nolan and Ward and others who haven't been seen since Hurst left have got a lot to do to get a chance

Wasn't Nolan injured when the change was made (dead-leg / thigh strain or something)?

I also think there's a decent player in there somewhere with Nolan, but with the others in CM, he's a little way down the pecking order - Skuse, Downes, Dozzell and Trev, plus Bishop, Huws and possibly Nydam all returning in the reasonably near future (release Edun back to Fulham and bring Nydam back frees up another loan space).

With all them ahead of him, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nolan make a swift exit in January.

Toto is different, we are thin on the ground for CBs so we need cover, (unless we bring Woofy back and bring someone else in).

Editted: For some reason I put Hyam instead of Downes. Sorry Flynn.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 16:52]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Jon Nolan on 20:18 - Nov 16 with 1423 viewsNBVJohn

Town players as Irish seventies girl bands
Login to get fewer ads

Jon Nolan on 20:41 - Nov 16 with 1395 viewsEwan_Oozami

Strangely enough, I think Nolan is a good player and could possibly do a job as a number 10, behind Freddy and possibly Roberts (or another big front man) - however, this would mean that we'd lose the width and have to to play 2 of Skuse, Downes, Chalobah - the question is whether Lamber thinks that Nolan can play the position - if not, then he will be going in January

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024