Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playford Road Training Ground History? 13:06 - Nov 17 with 1847 viewsGeminiblue

Several stories that came out following death of Kevin Beattie included references to the training pitch at Portman Rd. Just wondering when ITFC first acquired training facilities at Playford Road and Bent Lane? I know the facilities were upgraded in 2010, but had they owned Bent Lane before that for very long? I seem to remember there being an outcry from local football about Ipswich buying up lots of pitches at the time.

No particular reason just curious, when I had to take eldest up there last season remember being surprised how expansive the sight was. Quite a difference from the grassed Portman Rd practice pitch I remember as a child.
Playford Road Training Ground History? on 13:34 - Nov 17 with 1779 viewsfactual_blue

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/town-open-doors-to-new-training-centre-1-122

So two former sports clubs. Presumably they got the Fisons one when the company encountered some financial difficulties.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Playford Road Training Ground History? on 14:17 - Nov 17 with 1691 viewsdavblue

I spent a lot of my childhood at bent lane watching my dad play cricket for Fisons.
Playford Road Training Ground History? on 17:07 - Nov 17 with 1574 viewsNWSixto

I've been told it was part of the Fisons sponsorship deal.

No citations, but was told by someone who worked there at the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024