Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain 17:25 - Nov 17 with 3845 viewsXYZ

According to the latest leavers' facebook fake news, sponsored by Putin and Bannon
Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 17:28 - Nov 17 with 3821 viewsmonytowbray

LOL. Link or screen grab please?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 17:29 - Nov 17 with 3824 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Presumably would encourage the hard right to change to Remain wouldn't it? They are all for the good old days of National Service aren't they?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 17:43 - Nov 17 with 3806 viewsXYZ

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 17:28 - Nov 17 by monytowbray

LOL. Link or screen grab please?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb">

Fake news scare stories such as “conscription for all 18 year olds in European army” are now doing the rounds on social media - desperate Brexiters at work -

– A C Grayling #FBPE #PeoplesVote #RemainAndReform (@acgrayling) <a href="
November 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src=" https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Apols for technical ineptitude ...
Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 17:45 - Nov 17 with 3800 viewsMullet

Aren't they the same pricks who always bang on about national service? They must spaff over international service.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 17:53 - Nov 17 with 3779 viewsCheltenham_Blue

That’s a remainer tweeting about fake news on social media, without linking to it or screen grabbing it.

How does anyone know this isn’t remainer fake news about brexiteer fake news? Both sides are less than blameless in that regard. But the OP has posted this up as fact.

All a bit boring on both sides.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 18:19 - Nov 17 with 3754 viewsXYZ

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 17:53 - Nov 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

That’s a remainer tweeting about fake news on social media, without linking to it or screen grabbing it.

How does anyone know this isn’t remainer fake news about brexiteer fake news? Both sides are less than blameless in that regard. But the OP has posted this up as fact.

All a bit boring on both sides.

"a remainer"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._C._Grayling

When does Turkey invade the EU?
Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 18:53 - Nov 17 with 3712 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 18:19 - Nov 17 by XYZ

"a remainer"

What the heck are you talking about? I voted Remain and I’d like to see some evidence that what you say is being said is true. Now, do you have a link to the pro Brexit rumour of EU conscription?

Or is there a chance that Grayling is wrong, or possibly, without evidence of his claim; could of made it up, because it serves a purpose?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 19:13 - Nov 17 with 3675 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 18:19 - Nov 17 by XYZ

"a remainer"

Not invading, joining

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Login to get fewer ads

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 20:07 - Nov 17 with 3620 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 19:13 - Nov 17 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Not invading, joining

Turkey already has compulsory military national service for males. If/when they join the EU, would they have to abandon this set up in favour of integration into a European army. Genuinely interested in peoples opinion on this.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 20:15 - Nov 17 with 3596 viewsjeera

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 17:29 - Nov 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Presumably would encourage the hard right to change to Remain wouldn't it? They are all for the good old days of National Service aren't they?

Although it's usually by those who never had to do it themselves.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 20:20 - Nov 17 with 3601 viewsbrogansnose

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 20:07 - Nov 17 by StochesStotasBlewe

Turkey already has compulsory military national service for males. If/when they join the EU, would they have to abandon this set up in favour of integration into a European army. Genuinely interested in peoples opinion on this.

I don't think that Turkey have got a snowballs chance in hell of joining the EU in the forseeable future.
Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 20:24 - Nov 17 with 3585 viewsJ2BLUE

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 19:13 - Nov 17 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Not invading, joining

Turkey should never be allowed to join. 2% of their country is European.

If I was allowed to pick two concessions from the EU that would be one. The other would be that Blair never, ever, ever gets a job with the EU.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 20:35 - Nov 17 with 3563 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 20:24 - Nov 17 by J2BLUE

Turkey should never be allowed to join. 2% of their country is European.

If I was allowed to pick two concessions from the EU that would be one. The other would be that Blair never, ever, ever gets a job with the EU.

You can say never but they ARE joining, how else do you explain this?

[Post edited 17 Nov 2018 20:38]

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 20:39 - Nov 17 with 3544 viewsJ2BLUE

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 20:35 - Nov 17 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Here's a BBC reality check on the issue:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35832035

Highlights:

Nigel Farage is right to say Turkey is lined up to join the EU one day.

But the UK government's formal position is to support Turkey joining the EU and over the years it has sounded enthusiastic. In July 2010, on a visit to Turkey, David Cameron warned France and Germany not to shut Turkey "out of the club".

I think there are far better things you could use to criticise the leave campaign.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 20:45 - Nov 17 with 3534 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 20:35 - Nov 17 by WestStanderLaLaLa

And do you know who they share a border with?

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 20:46 - Nov 17 with 3531 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 20:39 - Nov 17 by J2BLUE

Here's a BBC reality check on the issue:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35832035

Highlights:

Nigel Farage is right to say Turkey is lined up to join the EU one day.

But the UK government's formal position is to support Turkey joining the EU and over the years it has sounded enthusiastic. In July 2010, on a visit to Turkey, David Cameron warned France and Germany not to shut Turkey "out of the club".

I think there are far better things you could use to criticise the leave campaign.

Without doubt. I was replying to someone else who mentioned Turkey.

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 21:26 - Nov 17 with 3459 viewsjontysnut

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 20:46 - Nov 17 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Without doubt. I was replying to someone else who mentioned Turkey.

Along with straight bananas and non bendy rhubarb. Dear god.
Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 22:52 - Nov 17 with 3395 viewsXYZ

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 18:53 - Nov 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

What the heck are you talking about? I voted Remain and I’d like to see some evidence that what you say is being said is true. Now, do you have a link to the pro Brexit rumour of EU conscription?

Or is there a chance that Grayling is wrong, or possibly, without evidence of his claim; could of made it up, because it serves a purpose?

Fair cop.

I've had a look around and I can only find a couple of (quite extreme) leavers spreading this - I won't give them the oxygen of a link.

I did suggest a degree of certainty that I hadn't vouched - I trust Grayling's word that he's seen it, but accept that's not going to stand up in the Court of TWTD.

The point I was trying to get across (obliquely, I admit) is that people need to be aware of propaganda influencing them, whilst appreciating the irony that it's possible my example was such propaganda - which, as a final irony, somewhat back up my point.
Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 00:31 - Nov 18 with 3329 viewsconnorscontract

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 22:52 - Nov 17 by XYZ

Fair cop.

I've had a look around and I can only find a couple of (quite extreme) leavers spreading this - I won't give them the oxygen of a link.

I did suggest a degree of certainty that I hadn't vouched - I trust Grayling's word that he's seen it, but accept that's not going to stand up in the Court of TWTD.

The point I was trying to get across (obliquely, I admit) is that people need to be aware of propaganda influencing them, whilst appreciating the irony that it's possible my example was such propaganda - which, as a final irony, somewhat back up my point.

Even if "only a couple" of Arch Leavers are spreading the rumour, that wouldn't make it invalid for you to point that out and call them out on it early, before it becomes a thing.
Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 23:30 - Nov 18 with 3158 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Why would you want to give more powers from your nation to guys like this bloke? The only thing he is missing is the tash. He is demanding more more powers, no doubt an EU army being one of them.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Conscription to EU Army for 18 year-olds if we remain on 08:00 - Nov 19 with 3046 viewshampstead_blue

The OP's fake news headline could be put next to.....

"EU to ban all meat and force us to become vegans"....
You heard it here first.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024