Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU 19:03 - Nov 17 with 3825 viewshomer_123

A better deal can brokered.

Christ on a bike, deluded or what?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 13:17 - Nov 18 with 1104 viewsHerbivore

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 13:10 - Nov 18 by bluejacko

I am not talking about just the Tories! At every twist and turn there has been an agenda to get the decision overturned! Do you not accept that Brexit is going to happen and if the Parliament had shown a united front in these talks we just might have gotten a better deal. The EU has just sat back and laughed at our idiots arguing among themselves and having all these ex politicians going across to Brussels to tell them what buttons to press to disrupt the process.

The Tories are the governing party, it's their job to negotiate Brexit and they've been occupied almost solely with doing so for over 2 years. So again, what specifically aren't they doing or haven't they done to deliver on the referendum result?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 13:50 - Nov 18 with 1083 viewsbluejacko

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 13:17 - Nov 18 by Herbivore

The Tories are the governing party, it's their job to negotiate Brexit and they've been occupied almost solely with doing so for over 2 years. So again, what specifically aren't they doing or haven't they done to deliver on the referendum result?

And I will ask you do you not think that with some help would they not have had to spend so much time on it. I will say again Parliament should work together in the national interest. Looking at the deal I could live with most of it apart from the open backstop but looking at the papers today it is not even a given that the 27 will accept the deal anyway.
So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 14:01 - Nov 18 with 1078 viewsHerbivore

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 13:50 - Nov 18 by bluejacko

And I will ask you do you not think that with some help would they not have had to spend so much time on it. I will say again Parliament should work together in the national interest. Looking at the deal I could live with most of it apart from the open backstop but looking at the papers today it is not even a given that the 27 will accept the deal anyway.

Ah okay, so it's the fault of the opposition for not doing the government's job for them. Gotcha.

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 14:01 - Nov 18 with 1078 viewsDarth_Koont

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 13:50 - Nov 18 by bluejacko

Absolute nonsense.

The only genuine obstructions they're facing are the reality of their own incompetence and lack of knowledge as to how the world actually works — and how they can keep their own party together while pretending to be looking out for the country's interests.

And yes, they are massive obstructions.

Why on earth would anyone in opposition or indeed even neutrals want to help them out and let them get away with that?

Pronouns: He/Him

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 14:25 - Nov 18 with 1055 viewsbluejacko

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 14:01 - Nov 18 by Herbivore

Ah okay, so it's the fault of the opposition for not doing the government's job for them. Gotcha.

Of course it isn’t,but as this is going around in circles I think we will have to agree to disagree,
Golden Hen and packet of crisps time.
So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 14:37 - Nov 18 with 1044 viewsXYZ

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 12:07 - Nov 18 by bluejacko

Is it not reasonable to expect that a parliament that votes 6-1 to give the electorate a referendum on a matter, that they would honour that vote and do everything in their power to work towards delivering the instruction from their electorate?

They voted to carry out an opinion poll with no legal import beyond yesterday's polls. If they'd wanted to give the "people" a vote with legal consequences, presumably they would have done so.

However anyone presented it, or "promised" to implement something, doesn't change the fact that Parliament decided then to keep any ultimate decisions to future Parliamentary votes.

The referendum result places no obligations on anyone.

We should be very wary of those who claim to be "taking back control" who then claim we should ignore the Uk's constitution. How is such "control" to be exercised if not in accordance with the constitution?
So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 15:50 - Nov 18 with 1013 viewsbluejacko

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 14:01 - Nov 18 by Darth_Koont

Absolute nonsense.

The only genuine obstructions they're facing are the reality of their own incompetence and lack of knowledge as to how the world actually works — and how they can keep their own party together while pretending to be looking out for the country's interests.

And yes, they are massive obstructions.

Why on earth would anyone in opposition or indeed even neutrals want to help them out and let them get away with that?

Well unless I have missed the obvious this is a international issue that obviously affects our whole country’s future! Not domestic policies where party lines are relevant.
So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 15:58 - Nov 18 with 996 viewsHerbivore

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 15:50 - Nov 18 by bluejacko

Well unless I have missed the obvious this is a international issue that obviously affects our whole country’s future! Not domestic policies where party lines are relevant.

You do understand how government works, right?

Login to get fewer ads

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 16:19 - Nov 18 with 972 viewsNo9

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 10:33 - Nov 18 by bluejacko

How can the saintly Corbyn actually comment let alone condemn the draft agreement as he has actually admitted on the telly this morning he has NOT read the full document!
You really can’t make it up!

These documents tend to be padded out with all sorts of stuff.
I guarantee you most people would fall asleep after a couple of chapters or would think they are seeing double.
Ken Clarke did the same some years ago - they have pro's to do that so you shouldn't be too surprised
So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 17:00 - Nov 18 with 950 viewsDarth_Koont

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 15:50 - Nov 18 by bluejacko

Yes, it is international.

But no-one can come in and resolve the Tories' own internal problems or should help them deflect from them. The start and middle of this is their own fault — and it's only by waiting until they've reduced themselves to a puddle of their own pointlessness (and even their own media is starting to see the truth) that others can campaign for a way forward. It's a bit like arguing we should have gone for Lambert in the Summer. Yes, but it's certainly far easier to make that case and get support now, after Hurst's own perfomance didn't just pave the way but rolled out the red carpet too.

I'm pretty sure we're not far from seeing a resolution to Brexit that a majority can get behind — although might be a few weeks before we can say it's a referendum on the deal or just stepping back from the brink entirely. The latter option is becoming more supportable and likely the longer the government pretends to be in control. So personally I hope we can hold out a bit longer.

Pronouns: He/Him

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 17:07 - Nov 18 with 936 viewsNo9

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 17:00 - Nov 18 by Darth_Koont

Yes, it is international.

But no-one can come in and resolve the Tories' own internal problems or should help them deflect from them. The start and middle of this is their own fault — and it's only by waiting until they've reduced themselves to a puddle of their own pointlessness (and even their own media is starting to see the truth) that others can campaign for a way forward. It's a bit like arguing we should have gone for Lambert in the Summer. Yes, but it's certainly far easier to make that case and get support now, after Hurst's own perfomance didn't just pave the way but rolled out the red carpet too.

I'm pretty sure we're not far from seeing a resolution to Brexit that a majority can get behind — although might be a few weeks before we can say it's a referendum on the deal or just stepping back from the brink entirely. The latter option is becoming more supportable and likely the longer the government pretends to be in control. So personally I hope we can hold out a bit longer.

It is being reported today that Kier Starmer is to try to push through the HoP a bill to prevent dropping out of the EU with 'No Deal'
We shall see how many tories support that if they really want to avoid the cliff edge
So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 17:08 - Nov 18 with 936 viewsGlasgowBlue

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 17:07 - Nov 18 by No9

It is being reported today that Kier Starmer is to try to push through the HoP a bill to prevent dropping out of the EU with 'No Deal'
We shall see how many tories support that if they really want to avoid the cliff edge

Extending Article 50 for a People’s Vote is not a formality, and might even be refused. It requires the agreement of all 27 EU members and I would imagine the commision weill extract a heavy price.

From what I have read, the EU will not renegotiate the agreement. It's the only deal in town so a new leader or a new government will make no difference.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 17:21 - Nov 18 with 926 viewsNo9

So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 17:08 - Nov 18 by GlasgowBlue

Extending Article 50 for a People’s Vote is not a formality, and might even be refused. It requires the agreement of all 27 EU members and I would imagine the commision weill extract a heavy price.

From what I have read, the EU will not renegotiate the agreement. It's the only deal in town so a new leader or a new government will make no difference.

As I understand it, we shall have to see what he proposes, it does not include rengotiating what is already in the process of agreement, it is to stop the brexiteers delaying & arguing out any ongoing process so if it is not agreed & signed up by 29 March the UK drops out with no agreement.

From Europe what I read, you are correct the agreement in process cannot be re-negotiated but the EU might agree to an extension to the 29 March deadline IF the UK could confirm a new referendum that would include Remain on the ballot paper.
So, Leadsom thinks that after all the time spent negotiating with the EU on 19:17 - Nov 18 with 883 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lots of government business is international. The Tories didn’t involve the other parties in chosing to go down this route. And I believe the only times we’ve had a formal cross-party cabinet has been during times of war. Maybe the issue deserves a cross-party approach but that ship sailed as soon as the Tories launched it alone.

Besides, Labour have been less obstructive than the ERG bunch and the DUP. Given that Corbyn has gone out of his way to not commit to a position.

It’s very much a Tory mess.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024