Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To tile, or not tile... 08:08 - Nov 18 with 1769 viewssevernside_blue

..that is the question.

Doing up the bathroom soon. Thinking of using panelling instead of tiles. Anyone had experience of using panelling? Pros? cons? easy to fit as the blurb states?
To tile, or not tile... on 08:43 - Nov 18 with 1716 viewsFixed_It

Good idea to ask the panel...

Personally I'd tile.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

To tile, or not tile... on 08:51 - Nov 18 with 1699 viewsBent_double

Didn't do it myself, but have had the panels put in a few of my en-suites and our own bathroom. Looks nicer than tiles, imo, easier to keep clean, but needs a large amount of adhesive when installing, according to the guys who did it for me, and if you're careless enough to make a hole in one of them (as some of my guests have managed), then almost impossible to replace, like you would with a cracked tile - you just have to repair.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

To tile, or not tile... on 09:26 - Nov 18 with 1670 viewsEdwardStone

Panelling is the way forward...fast to fit, easy to get a good watertight seal, no grout lines to crack or get mildew and warm to the touch so no condensation issues

Downside...can be a bit pricy to buy, bit tricky to fit if you buy the large panels as opposed to skinny planks and you need any amount of squirty glue and bits of corner bead to fit it

The fragility issue tat has been mentioned.... the cheapy ranges tend to have thinner material and bigger gap between the layers. Go for a more expensive heavy duty product

Personal recommendation, go and see those fine folks at Principality Plastics round the back of KFC at the bottom of Bristol Rd. They will sort you a good product at a reasonable price
To tile, or not tile... on 09:46 - Nov 18 with 1640 viewssevernside_blue

To tile, or not tile... on 09:26 - Nov 18 by EdwardStone

Panelling is the way forward...fast to fit, easy to get a good watertight seal, no grout lines to crack or get mildew and warm to the touch so no condensation issues

Downside...can be a bit pricy to buy, bit tricky to fit if you buy the large panels as opposed to skinny planks and you need any amount of squirty glue and bits of corner bead to fit it

The fragility issue tat has been mentioned.... the cheapy ranges tend to have thinner material and bigger gap between the layers. Go for a more expensive heavy duty product

Personal recommendation, go and see those fine folks at Principality Plastics round the back of KFC at the bottom of Bristol Rd. They will sort you a good product at a reasonable price

Cheers J, I knew that hug at brum would pay dividends. Recommend sticking panels straight onto walls or batten framework?
To tile, or not tile... on 16:31 - Nov 18 with 1514 viewsEdwardStone

To tile, or not tile... on 09:46 - Nov 18 by severnside_blue

Cheers J, I knew that hug at brum would pay dividends. Recommend sticking panels straight onto walls or batten framework?

Straight onto the walls if they are in reasonable order, plater not falling off

Or for a super deluxe job, batten out then line with a waterproof tile backer board before cladding.....belt and braces approach
To tile, or not tile... on 18:33 - Nov 18 with 1453 viewsPecker

Tile if I were you. I have done mine recently and tiled the whole bathroom. Looks great ( even if I do say so myself ) and the Wife is happy ( which is the most important thing ).
To tile, or not tile... on 21:27 - Nov 18 with 1368 viewsbluejake78

Tile U lazy Cu..it....I have done 4 bathrooms...it is easy.
Suck my fecking cock I'm in the nude.
To tile, or not tile... on 09:19 - Nov 19 with 1285 viewsSaleAway

Just done my bathroom - and I went through this discussion... came out tiling it, just because I think the panels can look a bit cheap. Tiled finish IMO is much nicer... I'd just caveat with using decent sized tiles.

I had a professional fit it all as well.... so not comments on what is easier/quicker.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Login to get fewer ads

To tile, or not tile... on 09:20 - Nov 19 with 1281 viewsitfcjoe

Tiling is a much better finish - panelling doesn't always look good.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024