Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First the EU, now the UN 10:17 - Nov 18 with 8336 viewsMullet

Tell me why we should let these people carry on again?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/un-report-uk-poverty-austerity-g

Have we ever had a more selfish, vicious and uncaring government than this? Even the Victorians must have had better solutions than this lot.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

First the EU, now the UN on 10:20 - Nov 18 with 3049 viewsfactual_blue

They should all be shot.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

First the EU, now the UN on 10:23 - Nov 18 with 3058 viewsMullet

First the EU, now the UN on 10:20 - Nov 18 by factual_blue

They should all be shot.

I was reading claims that the reason JRM is speeding through Brexit is because he stands to lose millions through tax avoidance schemes being targeted by the EU in 2019.

It only furthers my belief that he and Johnson et al. should be made to answer for the lies they told in the last 2 years, especially in the house itself. You're being flippant but in the past we did execute people in their position horribly for such things. Is there a legal route to pursue them though?

First the EU, now the UN on 10:27 - Nov 18 with 3042 viewsfactual_blue

First the EU, now the UN on 10:23 - Nov 18 by Mullet

I was reading claims that the reason JRM is speeding through Brexit is because he stands to lose millions through tax avoidance schemes being targeted by the EU in 2019.

It only furthers my belief that he and Johnson et al. should be made to answer for the lies they told in the last 2 years, especially in the house itself. You're being flippant but in the past we did execute people in their position horribly for such things. Is there a legal route to pursue them though?

Probably not since Tudor times.

But then rees-smirk's views sit comfortably with mediaeval Catholic England. Thomas More would be proud of jakob.

First the EU, now the UN on 10:30 - Nov 18 with 3038 viewsMullet

First the EU, now the UN on 10:27 - Nov 18 by factual_blue

Probably not since Tudor times.

But then rees-smirk's views sit comfortably with mediaeval Catholic England. Thomas More would be proud of jakob.

There is a nice symmetry there, I guess the made up treason Act one of the minor Brexiteers went viral for could be used?

First the EU, now the UN on 10:34 - Nov 18 with 3019 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

First the EU, now the UN on 10:20 - Nov 18 by factual_blue

They should all be shot.

Hanging or beheading generally packs more of a punch!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

First the EU, now the UN on 10:37 - Nov 18 with 3012 viewscaught-in-limbo

“The United Kingdom’s impending exit from the European Union poses particular risks for people in poverty, but the government appears to be treating this as an afterthought,” said the UN's expert on extreme poverty and human rights, Philip Alston, at the end of a 12-day visit to the country.

So, while this dire situation has been reached with Britain in the EU, the UN expert says that the UK's exit from the EU will pose risks for these people.

I'm not sure I understand that.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

First the EU, now the UN on 10:42 - Nov 18 with 2999 viewsMullet

First the EU, now the UN on 10:37 - Nov 18 by caught-in-limbo

“The United Kingdom’s impending exit from the European Union poses particular risks for people in poverty, but the government appears to be treating this as an afterthought,” said the UN's expert on extreme poverty and human rights, Philip Alston, at the end of a 12-day visit to the country.

So, while this dire situation has been reached with Britain in the EU, the UN expert says that the UK's exit from the EU will pose risks for these people.

Because the rampant poverty and social inequality that has risen, isn't because of the EU but Tory "austerity". Being outside of the EU allows them free reign to do as they please, which inevitably leads to blood on people's hands.

Doesn't seem that contradictory at all, even at first glance or with your addition.

First the EU, now the UN on 10:50 - Nov 18 with 2955 viewsBlueBadger

Because leaving the EU will likely leave the country a)worse off regardless and b) completely at the mercy of a bunch of incompetent sociopaths with all the compassion of a hungry pirahna who've suddenly been found that they're no longer held back by 'EU red tape'.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2018 11:14]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

First the EU, now the UN on 10:52 - Nov 18 with 2953 viewsfactual_blue

First the EU, now the UN on 10:34 - Nov 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

Hanging or beheading generally packs more of a punch!

Hung Drawn and Quartered even more so. Elizabeth - the two-parter with Helen Mirren and Jeremy Irons - features a no-holds-barred depiction of such an execution.

First the EU, now the UN on 10:53 - Nov 18 with 2954 viewsfactual_blue

First the EU, now the UN on 10:50 - Nov 18 by BlueBadger

Because leaving the EU will likely leave the country a)worse off regardless and b) completely at the mercy of a bunch of incompetent sociopaths with all the compassion of a hungry pirahna who've suddenly been found that they're no longer held back by 'EU red tape'.

I blame the Man Who Saw His Job As Standing Up To EU Bullies berating himself today for Not Standing Up To EU Bullies.

First the EU, now the UN on 10:55 - Nov 18 with 2947 viewsfactual_blue

Ever tried fighting a fire by dowsing it with petrol?

First the EU, now the UN on 10:57 - Nov 18 with 2946 viewscaught-in-limbo

First the EU, now the UN on 10:42 - Nov 18 by Mullet

Because the rampant poverty and social inequality that has risen, isn't because of the EU but Tory "austerity". Being outside of the EU allows them free reign to do as they please, which inevitably leads to blood on people's hands.

Doesn't seem that contradictory at all, even at first glance or with your addition.

I'm still struggling with that I'm afraid.

You're saying that the current dire situation has nothing to do with the EU but they're a result of the actions of the Tory party. But being out of the EU will give the Tories free reign to do as they please. That means the crippling austery measures have been allowed to happen inside the EU.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2018 10:58]

#toxic

First the EU, now the UN on 11:02 - Nov 18 with 2914 viewsHerbivore

First the EU, now the UN on 10:57 - Nov 18 by caught-in-limbo

You're saying that the current dire situation has nothing to do with the EU but they're a result of the actions of the Tory party. But being out of the EU will give the Tories free reign to do as they please. That means the crippling austery measures have been allowed to happen inside the EU.

Yes because contrary to what the Brexiteers tell you we are not governed by the EU. They haven't dictated the policy of austerity and they couldn't make the Tories change it even if they wanted to. I'm really not sure what you're struggling with here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

First the EU, now the UN on 11:02 - Nov 18 with 2920 viewsm14_blue

Huh?

It’s bad now, largely due to austerity. Leaving the EU is likely to weaken our economy which will inevitably hit the most vulnerable hardest, particularly under this government.

I have no idea what contradiction you’re seeing.
First the EU, now the UN on 11:03 - Nov 18 with 2920 viewscaught-in-limbo

But it's got to a dire situation while we've been in the EU.

Is there any evidence that the plight of the poor will improve if we stay in the EU?

How do you know it'll be worse outside the EU?

You don't. That's why you use words like "likely". This is not evidence-based, it's just fear mongering.

#toxic

First the EU, now the UN on 11:05 - Nov 18 with 2906 viewscaught-in-limbo

First the EU, now the UN on 10:55 - Nov 18 by factual_blue

Ever tried fighting a fire by dowsing it with petrol?

Ever tried stopping getting burned by remaining in the fire?

#toxic

First the EU, now the UN on 11:08 - Nov 18 with 2897 viewsBlueBadger

First the EU, now the UN on 11:02 - Nov 18 by Herbivore

Yes because contrary to what the Brexiteers tell you we are not governed by the EU. They haven't dictated the policy of austerity and they couldn't make the Tories change it even if they wanted to. I'm really not sure what you're struggling with here.

An attempt at a coherent conspiracy theory?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

First the EU, now the UN on 11:09 - Nov 18 with 2902 viewsGuthrum

UK austerity does indeed have nothing to do with the EU, being George Osborne's response to the 2008-09 worldwide financial crisis.

Exit from the EU will, unless specifically replaced in UK law, remove a whole swathe of worker- and human rights protections. Do we trust a government, some of whose members worship dog-eat-dog unregulated capitalism, to respect those in the future?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

First the EU, now the UN on 11:11 - Nov 18 with 2894 viewscaught-in-limbo

First the EU, now the UN on 11:02 - Nov 18 by Herbivore

You haven't been following what's been happening in Italy over the last couple of weeks, have you?

The EU has rejected the Italian government's budget plan and insists on the austerity measures it prescribes.

#toxic

First the EU, now the UN on 11:12 - Nov 18 with 2886 viewsBlueBadger

First the EU, now the UN on 11:11 - Nov 18 by caught-in-limbo

You haven't been following what's been happening in Italy over the last couple of weeks, have you?

The EU has rejected the Italian government's budget plan and insists on the austerity measures it prescribes.

Which the Italian government have ignored and carried on with regardless. Like the Portuguese did a few years ago.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2018 11:19]

First the EU, now the UN on 11:14 - Nov 18 with 2890 viewscaught-in-limbo

First the EU, now the UN on 11:02 - Nov 18 by m14_blue

Huh?

It’s bad now, largely due to austerity. Leaving the EU is likely to weaken our economy which will inevitably hit the most vulnerable hardest, particularly under this government.

I have no idea what contradiction you’re seeing.

The new government in Italy is trying to move away from this crippling austerity, but the EU is blocking them.

#toxic

First the EU, now the UN on 11:15 - Nov 18 with 2874 viewsBlueBadger

First the EU, now the UN on 11:14 - Nov 18 by caught-in-limbo

The new government in Italy is trying to move away from this crippling austerity, but the EU is blocking them.

It's trying to and they're ignoring them. Much like Portugal did, a few years ago following a general election.

First the EU, now the UN on 11:16 - Nov 18 with 2875 viewsNo9

Re, the 80's proof if you ever needed it that the British public are masocists

Why is education failing the people so badly?
First the EU, now the UN on 11:18 - Nov 18 with 2877 viewscaught-in-limbo

You don't have much faith in the UK's own electoral system to improve your lot. Perhaps you're beginning to have the same doubts about our country's own glorious democracy that I've been voicing here over the last 5 years.

#toxic

First the EU, now the UN on 11:18 - Nov 18 with 2875 viewsMullet

Well given the EU doesn't govern us, what's your point exactly? The oft cited "red tape" and restrictions of the EU generally involve protecting workers' rights and trade, to try and boost member states where possible.

Removing that, when these sociopathic millionaires are already cutting poor people to the bone seems a fairly coherent link to make.

The fact that world can see this, probably tells us quite a lot.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024