Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First the EU, now the UN 10:17 - Nov 18 with 8337 viewsMullet

Tell me why we should let these people carry on again?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/un-report-uk-poverty-austerity-g

Have we ever had a more selfish, vicious and uncaring government than this? Even the Victorians must have had better solutions than this lot.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

First the EU, now the UN on 11:21 - Nov 18 with 1190 viewsBlueBadger

First the EU, now the UN on 11:18 - Nov 18 by caught-in-limbo

You don't have much faith in the UK's own electoral system to improve your lot. Perhaps you're beginning to have the same doubts about our country's own glorious democracy that I've been voicing here over the last 5 years.

I don't have faith in pack of incompetent sociopaths to make the country nicer, particularly when said incompetent sociopaths have a number of restrictions on them removed. what point are you actually trying to make here?
[Post edited 18 Nov 2018 11:21]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

First the EU, now the UN on 11:21 - Nov 18 with 1187 viewscaught-in-limbo

First the EU, now the UN on 11:09 - Nov 18 by Guthrum

UK austerity does indeed have nothing to do with the EU, being George Osborne's response to the 2008-09 worldwide financial crisis.

Exit from the EU will, unless specifically replaced in UK law, remove a whole swathe of worker- and human rights protections. Do we trust a government, some of whose members worship dog-eat-dog unregulated capitalism, to respect those in the future?

But the UK has been adopting EU laws in their hundreds of thousands since the referendum in order " to make separation easier".

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

First the EU, now the UN on 11:23 - Nov 18 with 1177 viewsNo9

First the EU, now the UN on 11:21 - Nov 18 by caught-in-limbo

But the UK has been adopting EU laws in their hundreds of thousands since the referendum in order " to make separation easier".

That isn't correct it's BBC speak
First the EU, now the UN on 11:24 - Nov 18 with 1175 viewscaught-in-limbo

First the EU, now the UN on 11:21 - Nov 18 by BlueBadger

I don't have faith in pack of incompetent sociopaths to make the country nicer, particularly when said incompetent sociopaths have a number of restrictions on them removed. what point are you actually trying to make here?
[Post edited 18 Nov 2018 11:21]

But these sociopaths have risen up and been operating in the EU. But you say leaving the EU will worsen the situation. What evidence do you have that the current situation will reverse if we stay in the EU?

#toxic

First the EU, now the UN on 11:27 - Nov 18 with 1171 viewscaught-in-limbo

First the EU, now the UN on 11:12 - Nov 18 by BlueBadger

Which the Italian government have ignored and carried on with regardless. Like the Portuguese did a few years ago.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2018 11:19]

No, not quite.

They plan to, despite threats of punishment from the EU. That sounds like an authoritarian EU government to me.

#toxic

First the EU, now the UN on 11:29 - Nov 18 with 1167 viewsHerbivore

First the EU, now the UN on 11:24 - Nov 18 by caught-in-limbo

But these sociopaths have risen up and been operating in the EU. But you say leaving the EU will worsen the situation. What evidence do you have that the current situation will reverse if we stay in the EU?

Bored today?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

First the EU, now the UN on 11:30 - Nov 18 with 1164 viewsNo9

First the EU, now the UN on 11:24 - Nov 18 by caught-in-limbo

How do you judge the status qou - V- the unknown?
First the EU, now the UN on 11:32 - Nov 18 with 1163 viewscaught-in-limbo

First the EU, now the UN on 11:18 - Nov 18 by Mullet

Well given the EU doesn't govern us, what's your point exactly? The oft cited "red tape" and restrictions of the EU generally involve protecting workers' rights and trade, to try and boost member states where possible.

Removing that, when these sociopathic millionaires are already cutting poor people to the bone seems a fairly coherent link to make.

The fact that world can see this, probably tells us quite a lot.

Perhaps you need to live in Greece or Portugal or Italy or Spain to realise that the EU isn't just a benevolent body which just imposes regulations protecting workers rights.

#toxic

Login to get fewer ads

First the EU, now the UN on 11:33 - Nov 18 with 1157 viewsHerbivore

First the EU, now the UN on 11:32 - Nov 18 by caught-in-limbo

Perhaps you need to live in Greece or Portugal or Italy or Spain to realise that the EU isn't just a benevolent body which just imposes regulations protecting workers rights.

Perhaps you need to live in the UK to understand that our social and economic issues are not the fault of the EU.

First the EU, now the UN on 11:34 - Nov 18 with 1150 viewscaught-in-limbo

First the EU, now the UN on 11:23 - Nov 18 by No9

That isn't correct it's BBC speak

The fact that hundreds of thousands of EU laws have been adopted by the UK is fact. The reason for doing so is bogus.

#toxic

First the EU, now the UN on 11:35 - Nov 18 with 1146 viewsNo9

& perhaps you ought to live in the UK to find out things in the EU are not as bad as is made out - comparatively

Having lived in both Spain & Italy (& others) I have a reasonable idea of what it's like
First the EU, now the UN on 11:36 - Nov 18 with 1143 viewscaught-in-limbo

First the EU, now the UN on 11:33 - Nov 18 by Herbivore

Perhaps you need to live in the UK to understand that our social and economic issues are not the fault of the EU.

Then do something about it then with your glorious democracy then.

#toxic

First the EU, now the UN on 11:37 - Nov 18 with 1143 viewsHerbivore

First the EU, now the UN on 11:34 - Nov 18 by caught-in-limbo

The fact that hundreds of thousands of EU laws have been adopted by the UK is fact. The reason for doing so is bogus.

Has the EU published hundreds of thousands of pieces of actual legislation since June 2016? What's your source for this?

First the EU, now the UN on 11:39 - Nov 18 with 1138 viewsGuthrum

First the EU, now the UN on 11:21 - Nov 18 by caught-in-limbo

Without their requirement to be a member of the EU, those laws can be amended or repealed at any time. I wonder if certain elements will have another push at reinstating the Death Penalty after we leave?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

First the EU, now the UN on 11:39 - Nov 18 with 1137 viewsBlueBadger

Pretty much every Portuguese I've met, whether in this country or at home seems to think the whole thing is madness.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

First the EU, now the UN on 11:39 - Nov 18 with 1137 viewsHerbivore

First the EU, now the UN on 11:36 - Nov 18 by caught-in-limbo

Then do something about it then with your glorious democracy then.

I'm not an fan of our current democracy to be honest, I'd rather we have greater plurality and PR. Our current system is outdated and leads to monolithic political parties that put party ahead of country even when their views only partially align with the party.

First the EU, now the UN on 11:42 - Nov 18 with 1131 viewsHerbivore

First the EU, now the UN on 11:39 - Nov 18 by Guthrum

Without their requirement to be a member of the EU, those laws can be amended or repealed at any time. I wonder if certain elements will have another push at reinstating the Death Penalty after we leave?

They might well do to be honest. The recent decision by Javid regarding the terror suspects being tried in the U.S. sets a precedent and paves the way. The death penalty still has support within the Tory ranks and voter base, although a few years ago the public as a whole eventually shifted to being in a majority against it.

First the EU, now the UN on 11:48 - Nov 18 with 1117 viewsgiant_stow

First the EU, now the UN on 11:27 - Nov 18 by caught-in-limbo

No, not quite.

They plan to, despite threats of punishment from the EU. That sounds like an authoritarian EU government to me.

The Italians are only being told to do that because of something they signed / agreed to either when joining the euro or in the worst of the crisis 6 years back (can't remember which).

That's why I'd never want to join the Euro and even hard brexit would be preferable.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2018 11:48]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

First the EU, now the UN on 11:51 - Nov 18 with 1106 viewsNo9

First the EU, now the UN on 11:34 - Nov 18 by caught-in-limbo

But a lot of the important laws have not
First the EU, now the UN on 11:51 - Nov 18 with 1107 viewscaught-in-limbo

First the EU, now the UN on 11:39 - Nov 18 by BlueBadger

Pretty much every Portuguese I've met, whether in this country or at home seems to think the whole thing is madness.

Perhaps they don't understand why a powerful northern European country would want to leave a system which it benefits enormously from largely at the expense of poorer southern European countries. Perhaps they also don't understand why the UK press criticised and rubbished the EU for decades and then went ballistic when this indoctrination resulted in a leave vote.

#toxic

First the EU, now the UN on 11:55 - Nov 18 with 1102 viewsHerbivore

First the EU, now the UN on 11:51 - Nov 18 by caught-in-limbo

Perhaps they don't understand why a powerful northern European country would want to leave a system which it benefits enormously from largely at the expense of poorer southern European countries. Perhaps they also don't understand why the UK press criticised and rubbished the EU for decades and then went ballistic when this indoctrination resulted in a leave vote.

So you agree we're mad to leave? Good stuff.

First the EU, now the UN on 11:58 - Nov 18 with 1096 viewsNo9

First the EU, now the UN on 11:39 - Nov 18 by Guthrum

All reference to human rights, workers rights, consumer rights etc. have been left out of the 'agreement'.
It is quite clear what a brexit Britian will do.
First the EU, now the UN on 12:00 - Nov 18 with 1088 viewscaught-in-limbo

First the EU, now the UN on 11:37 - Nov 18 by Herbivore

Has the EU published hundreds of thousands of pieces of actual legislation since June 2016? What's your source for this?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-39439554

#toxic

First the EU, now the UN on 12:03 - Nov 18 with 1089 viewsgiant_stow

First the EU, now the UN on 11:58 - Nov 18 by No9

All reference to human rights, workers rights, consumer rights etc. have been left out of the 'agreement'.
It is quite clear what a brexit Britian will do.

Aren't human/worker/consumer rights covered by the 'level playing field' stuff in the deal reached? I thought so anyway, and that's why the hard brexiters hate it (along with the sovereignty give away in the backstop part)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

First the EU, now the UN on 12:04 - Nov 18 with 1087 viewsm14_blue

First the EU, now the UN on 11:14 - Nov 18 by caught-in-limbo

The new government in Italy is trying to move away from this crippling austerity, but the EU is blocking them.

What’s that got to do with the price of eggs? Unless you’re seriously suggesting that austerity in the uk has been led by the EU??

I understand your view of the EU, and sympathise with it to a degree, but it’s not relevant to the OP if you accept the following.

1) Brexit is likely to harm the UK economy, at least in the short term (even the most rabid brexiteers accept there will be a period of ‘turbulence’ or ‘adjustment’.

2) the most vulnerable in society suffer disproportionately when the economy suffers whilst the rich and powerful ride the storm.

3) a conservative UK government is unlikely to prioritise the vulnerable over the wealthy.

Ergo, things are likely to get worse after brexit, regardless of how awful you think the EU is.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2018 12:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024