Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Horrifc crash earlier today in F3 13:57 - Nov 18 with 2089 viewsElderGrizzly

17 year old driver Sophia Floersch. Luckily, she got away relatively lightly and was tweeting from hospital an hour later

Alternate angle here

[Post edited 18 Nov 2018 13:59]
Horrifc crash earlier today in F3 on 14:25 - Nov 18 with 2032 viewsTIB

Never seen anything like this!!! I saw a slow motion and it's remarkable she's walked away from it and the no stewards were injured.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Horrifc crash earlier today in F3 on 14:28 - Nov 18 with 2026 viewsGuthrum

Horrifc crash earlier today in F3 on 14:25 - Nov 18 by TIB

Never seen anything like this!!! I saw a slow motion and it's remarkable she's walked away from it and the no stewards were injured.

Apart from the fractured spine: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/nov/18/formula-three-sophia-floersch-frac

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Horrifc crash earlier today in F3 on 14:38 - Nov 18 with 1998 viewsEireannach_gorm

How did she end up going at such speed backwards?
Horrifc crash earlier today in F3 on 14:38 - Nov 18 with 1995 viewsTIB

Horrifc crash earlier today in F3 on 14:28 - Nov 18 by Guthrum

Apart from the fractured spine: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/nov/18/formula-three-sophia-floersch-frac

*edit

"walked away alive"

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Horrifc crash earlier today in F3 on 14:43 - Nov 18 with 1980 viewsGuthrum

Horrifc crash earlier today in F3 on 14:38 - Nov 18 by Eireannach_gorm

How did she end up going at such speed backwards?

Not able to slow for the corner - could be brake failure, a collision, becoming airborne on the kerbing. Once in that situation (especially if in little or no contact with the ground), getting spun around is an easy thing to happen.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Horrifc crash earlier today in F3 on 14:49 - Nov 18 with 1967 viewsblueconscience

Lucky that soft structure was there

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Horrifc crash earlier today in F3 on 17:11 - Nov 18 with 1864 viewsclive_baker

It’s not like anyone in the crowd could do anything to help probably, but look at everyone’s reaction, getting their phones out to take pictures. What a world we live in.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Horrifc crash earlier today in F3 on 17:30 - Nov 18 with 1850 viewsWithnail

Probably doing her makeup.
Login to get fewer ads

Horrifc crash earlier today in F3 on 23:05 - Nov 18 with 1692 viewsronnyd

Horrifc crash earlier today in F3 on 14:43 - Nov 18 by Guthrum

Not able to slow for the corner - could be brake failure, a collision, becoming airborne on the kerbing. Once in that situation (especially if in little or no contact with the ground), getting spun around is an easy thing to happen.

I think that when two spinning wheels come together (one on top of the other) it accelerates one or other of the cars quite dramatically. Hopes this makes sense. Could have been much worse though.
Horrifc crash earlier today in F3 on 12:37 - Nov 19 with 1546 viewssundaze

It is mind boggling, it doesn't matter how many times I watch it, I can't believe she is alive after such a high speed impact.
I remember watching a race in Germany any years ago when Alex Zanardi spun on an oval track and was hit at 200 mph side on by another car and it ripped his legs off. He came back and had a successful career in touring car racing.

On the same subject, 21.00 this evening, Driven, the Billy Monger story, this young lad is a true inspiration and I really hope that he will achieve his ambition.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024