Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just watched the England-Croatia match 16:43 - Nov 18 with 7412 viewsSuperfrans

It left me utterly disinterested.

Am I the only one who can’t get at all excited by this Nation’s League thing?
It just feels to me like a footballing equivalent of yet another World Boxing federation inventing another belt, so two (or now four) boxers can be world champions at the same time.

It’s obviously a massive money making exercise, it means we’ll have two European Champions at the same time and I just don’t buy the “excitement of the various permutations”... in 10 minutes Croatia went from being “one of the best 4 teams in Europe” (according to Sky) to being relegated. What the...?

Sky are hammering it to death of course... I look forward to them selling Ireland vs Austria now, the definition of a dead rubber.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 20:04 - Nov 18 with 2165 viewsSergio

Just got back from Wembley, had a great day, really enjoyed the match and nice to win a competitive match. Now booking flights to the finals.

England refused to join the first World Cup because they thought we were too good!
Just watched the England-Croatia match on 20:05 - Nov 18 with 2156 viewsTrequartista

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 18:31 - Nov 18 by GlasgowBlue

If the World Cup is the Champion's League and the Euros are the UEFA Cup then I guess the Nations League is the old European Cup Winner's Cup.

A third tier trophy but a trophy all the same. And one I hope England win.

The Cup Winners Cup had roughly equal prestige to the UEFA Cup. This is more InterToto Cup.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 20:22 - Nov 18 with 2139 viewsReuser_is_God

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 19:50 - Nov 18 by Trequartista

We still have a qualfication group against these type of teams for Euro 2020 don't we? (Genuine question, i haven't actually researched this)

Yes but it’s not as long & not as many games.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 21:02 - Nov 18 with 2105 viewsRyorry

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 19:43 - Nov 18 by brogansnose

I'm sorry R, but I hate losing firstly if its Ipswich then if its England. It always matters if we lose.

Understand completely. Don't get me wrong, I'd have hated losing - but there's a difference for me between that and the kind of devastated feeling that goes with exiting from the WC or Euros.

So I do get Superfrans saying "The test of the competition is whether you’re all interested in it when we’re doing poorly. "

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 21:19 - Nov 18 with 2093 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 21:02 - Nov 18 by Ryorry

Understand completely. Don't get me wrong, I'd have hated losing - but there's a difference for me between that and the kind of devastated feeling that goes with exiting from the WC or Euros.

So I do get Superfrans saying "The test of the competition is whether you’re all interested in it when we’re doing poorly. "

I'll be honest, I was as tense in the final few minutes of today's game as I am during any other competitive game.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 22:35 - Nov 18 with 2063 viewsMaySixth

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 17:02 - Nov 18 by Superfrans

I don’t hate it. I’m ambivalent about it and wondered whether I’m on my own.

I wonder how we’d have felt if Croatia had won and England had been relegated to play competitive internationals against the likes of Ukraine, Turkey, Slovakia next time round.

that would have been perfectly fine - better than playing nothing friendlies

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 22:45 - Nov 18 with 2060 viewsTrequartista

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 20:22 - Nov 18 by Reuser_is_God

Yes but it’s not as long & not as many games.

I have looked it up and there are groups of 6 and 5 with 10 match days. The same as 2016. So all they've done is separated out the friendlies from the competitive games, rebadged them and put them into different seasons.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 10:17 - Nov 19 with 1987 viewseastwell_blue

No it didn't. It might have left you uninterested.
Login to get fewer ads

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 13:29 - Nov 19 with 1954 viewsJimmyJazz

Wonder what Spain and Germany think of it. Both seem to be going through some transformation period and would probably have done the same during a regular Euro qualifying period, but would have felt they would always have enough to qualify anyway

I don't much like the tournament, but do think it's good for the smaller nations - Scotland for example.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 19:00 - Nov 19 with 1916 viewsTerry_Nutkins

If you are disinterested by that game then you literally are not interested in football and need a new hobby. Even if you are not bothered by the tournament it was a terrific game (actually the point of the torunament). It actually doesnt matter if it is a money maker, that would simply be a case of a 'win win' which is fine. It's an improvement on what existed and can be improved as time goes by.

Its a really strange thing to have an issue with unless change is something you dislike in itself.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 19:15 - Nov 19 with 1909 viewsJDB23

Asks if he's the only one with a certain opinion, finds out he is then proceeds to tell everyone else why they are wrong. Good stuff.
Just watched the England-Croatia match on 19:36 - Nov 19 with 1893 viewssundaze

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 19:28 - Nov 18 by Superfrans

Until we get relegated. Then it’ll be Bosnia and Turkey. 👍🏻

And what happens if Town get relegated? Games against Oxford, Lincoln and M K Dons, to name but a few.
That's how it works, nobody wants relegation, but it's the price to pay for not getting the results to keep up.
I can't imagine that WBA fans are excited about the game against Town on Friday, but that's the incentive to get promotion and return to the Premier league. It's the same principle in the Nations league, teams such as Germany will have to improve if they want to play against better teams in future.
Just watched the England-Croatia match on 19:45 - Nov 19 with 1882 viewsSuperfrans

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 19:15 - Nov 19 by JDB23

Asks if he's the only one with a certain opinion, finds out he is then proceeds to tell everyone else why they are wrong. Good stuff.

It’s called discussion. Sorry if that concept offends.
👍🏻

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 19:50 - Nov 19 with 1881 viewsSuperfrans

Just watched the England-Croatia match on 19:00 - Nov 19 by Terry_Nutkins

If you are disinterested by that game then you literally are not interested in football and need a new hobby. Even if you are not bothered by the tournament it was a terrific game (actually the point of the torunament). It actually doesnt matter if it is a money maker, that would simply be a case of a 'win win' which is fine. It's an improvement on what existed and can be improved as time goes by.

Its a really strange thing to have an issue with unless change is something you dislike in itself.

Thanks for explaining to me what I am and am not interested in. Cheers.

For me it was a friendly. It doesn’t mean anything as a game.
So, it was as exciting as a friendly with an eventful ending.

I don’t have a problem with change, at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024