Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Martin documentary 21:02 - Nov 18 with 2086 viewsbluelagos

Starting on c4 now.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 8:21]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Tony Martin doocumentary on 21:03 - Nov 18 with 2085 viewsGeoffSentence

I believe that there is a drama about the case in production at the moment too. One of League Gentleman is playing him (Steve something or other)

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Tony Martin doocumentary on 21:15 - Nov 18 with 2057 viewsbluelagos

Tony Martin doocumentary on 21:03 - Nov 18 by GeoffSentence

I believe that there is a drama about the case in production at the moment too. One of League Gentleman is playing him (Steve something or other)

That's what this is. Documentary is a bit misleading, it's a drama of the interviews. (My error)

Not sure if its from the transcripts or more frictional, maybe someone who knows can post...

Tony Martin doocumentary on 21:21 - Nov 18 with 2034 viewsGeoffSentence

Tony Martin doocumentary on 21:15 - Nov 18 by bluelagos

That's what this is. Documentary is a bit misleading, it's a drama of the interviews. (My error)

Not sure if its from the transcripts or more frictional, maybe someone who knows can post...

So it's a docu-drama. I was interested in watching this as much to see how he gets on with the accent as well as out of interest in the case. But Wife Sentence and our daughter have requisitioned the TV for I'm a Celebrity. I will have to watch it in catch up.

Tony Martin doocumentary on 21:27 - Nov 18 with 2015 viewsWeWereZombies

Tony Martin doocumentary on 21:03 - Nov 18 by GeoffSentence

Pemberton

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Tony Martin doocumentary on 21:28 - Nov 18 with 2011 viewsGeoffSentence

Tony Martin doocumentary on 21:27 - Nov 18 by WeWereZombies

Pemberton

That's the fella.

Tony Martin doocumentary on 22:23 - Nov 18 with 1919 viewsRyorry

Tony Martin doocumentary on 21:15 - Nov 18 by bluelagos

Hello Lagos, welcome back, delighted to see your return here!

Am watching on +1 and, just 10 mins in (at first ad-break), given that these are verbatim transcripts and his own words, seems bleedin obvious to me that he was suffering from PTSD. Why the cops didn't get a medic for him immediately, we can only guess.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Tony Martin doocumentary on 22:36 - Nov 18 with 1889 viewsGeoffSentence

I watched it online whilst the Jungle was on in the background. Very simply done but very effective. Good performance by Steve Pemberton.

Tony Martin doocumentary on 22:55 - Nov 18 with 1856 viewsbluelagos

Tony Martin doocumentary on 22:23 - Nov 18 by Ryorry

Hello Lagos, welcome back, delighted to see your return here!

Am watching on +1 and, just 10 mins in (at first ad-break), given that these are verbatim transcripts and his own words, seems bleedin obvious to me that he was suffering from PTSD. Why the cops didn't get a medic for him immediately, we can only guess.

They portrayed him sympatheticly. But his final comments didn't leave a good impression tbh.

Login to get fewer ads

Tony Martin doocumentary on 23:01 - Nov 18 with 1855 viewsRyorry

Tony Martin doocumentary on 22:55 - Nov 18 by bluelagos

They portrayed him sympatheticly. But his final comments didn't leave a good impression tbh.

Point is, it wasn't a "portrayal" - those were his own words. The interview with the detectives should have been stopped early doors, at least until a psychiatrist had examined him.

Agree with you re his final words - but the fact is that he was released early precisely because he was diagnosed with a personality disorder, hence the verdict amended to "diminished responsibility".

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Tony Martin doocumentary on 08:22 - Nov 19 with 1633 viewsbluelagos

Tony Martin doocumentary on 23:01 - Nov 18 by Ryorry

Point is, it wasn't a "portrayal" - those were his own words. The interview with the detectives should have been stopped early doors, at least until a psychiatrist had examined him.

Agree with you re his final words - but the fact is that he was released early precisely because he was diagnosed with a personality disorder, hence the verdict amended to "diminished responsibility".

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/apr/20/tonymartin.ukcrime2

Interesting read from a few months after the incident.

Tony Martin doocumentary on 08:50 - Nov 19 with 1603 viewsfactual_blue

Tony Martin doocumentary on 23:01 - Nov 18 by Ryorry

He clearly has mental health issues - as was shown at the end of the programme when Tony himself was shown back at 'Bleak House'. He is nonetheless a deeply unsympathetic character, showing no real remorse and would clearly do it all again.

I gather (a) he - for want of a better description - executed Barras. Shot him in the legs to immobilise him and then in the back to kill him; and (b) there were police officers who told him how to word a statement to minimise his chances of convictions. He wouldn't - partly because he wanted to highlight how the police had 'let him down' over a number of years. Most of the alleged burglaries didn't take place, or so the police believe.

Martin has strong connections to the kippers, bnp and nf. A relative was a founder member of the nf.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024