Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
09:42 - Nov 19 with 2705 views_

Payroll issues on 10:08 - Nov 19 with 2616 viewsUB9Blue

I would suggest that you keep written records of all your correspondence and any subsequent responses (but you probably knew that)
The task is possibly made harder by the fact you do not seem to have been aware of any miscalculations throughout your year of employment, do you keep separate records such as timesheets that would support your claims?
If not you will need to be calm, polite but persistent with your claims asking for a clear explanation on how monies, overtime, holiday etc has been calculated.
Payroll issues on 10:11 - Nov 19 with 2606 viewsStokieBlue

Congratulations on getting a new role.

Do you have all the hours or shifts worked over that period and the applicable pay per item? If you do then you could calculate everything owed vs everything paid but that's clearly going to be a bit of a mission.

Sounds like a total horror show from the employers though and as you has said, it's unlikely to have been just you they were doing this to. Hopefully they will get their house in order and pay everything due but as has been said, keep all correspondence and don't do anything on the phone - everything in writing/email like you were dealing with an auditor.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Payroll issues on 10:11 - Nov 19 with 2603 viewsPinewoodblue

There are times when it pays to belong to a union. Sounds as f they will make you an offer in full and final settlement of all outstanding monetary issues and you will have no idea if it is reasonable.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

on 10:14 - Nov 19 with 2588 views_

Payroll issues on 10:08 - Nov 19 by UB9Blue

I would suggest that you keep written records of all your correspondence and any subsequent responses (but you probably knew that)
The task is possibly made harder by the fact you do not seem to have been aware of any miscalculations throughout your year of employment, do you keep separate records such as timesheets that would support your claims?
If not you will need to be calm, polite but persistent with your claims asking for a clear explanation on how monies, overtime, holiday etc has been calculated.

on 10:19 - Nov 19 with 2574 views_

Payroll issues on 10:11 - Nov 19 by StokieBlue

Congratulations on getting a new role.

Do you have all the hours or shifts worked over that period and the applicable pay per item? If you do then you could calculate everything owed vs everything paid but that's clearly going to be a bit of a mission.

Sounds like a total horror show from the employers though and as you has said, it's unlikely to have been just you they were doing this to. Hopefully they will get their house in order and pay everything due but as has been said, keep all correspondence and don't do anything on the phone - everything in writing/email like you were dealing with an auditor.

SB

on 10:22 - Nov 19 with 2564 views_

Payroll issues on 10:11 - Nov 19 by Pinewoodblue

There are times when it pays to belong to a union. Sounds as f they will make you an offer in full and final settlement of all outstanding monetary issues and you will have no idea if it is reasonable.

Payroll issues on 12:42 - Nov 19 with 2427 viewsPinewoodblue

on 10:22 - Nov 19 by _

Should really have picked up on it by second payslip and sorted it out then .

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

on 13:04 - Nov 19 with 2373 views_

Payroll issues on 12:42 - Nov 19 by Pinewoodblue

Should really have picked up on it by second payslip and sorted it out then .

Login to get fewer ads

Payroll issues on 13:14 - Nov 19 with 2329 viewsSuperfrans

Congrats on the new job.

As for your former job and pay issues, it sounds as if whoever has been managing their payroll has made an absolute dog's dinner of it. I am happy to be conradicted by someone who might know better, but what is happening here is fraud, or bordering on it - whether this is knowingly done, or simple incompetence.

Depending on the size of the company, I'd ask for a meeting/discussion with most senior person you can find - maybe the FD/CFO, or even the CEO. Go direct to them.

In this meeting, tell them that you're very concerned, that you've identified some anomalies with your pay etc and every time you look closer it highlights more anomalies.
Explain that you think they have a major issue, as this could affect other members of staff too and that they could face serious problems unless they sort it out for everyone.

To be honest, if an employee came to me with the kind of issues you have highlighted, I'd be looking to get some external help, potentially to get an accountancy firm in and do a full audit of salaries paid, overtime monitoring, holiday pay etc. If there's a problem, best to get it out in to the open and sort out once and for all.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Payroll issues on 13:20 - Nov 19 with 2316 viewsDecageBruce

It is the responsibility of your employer to ensure that you are paid correctly but if you have copies of time sheets etc I would get hold of them.

I would:

- Ask them for a copy of your contract and ensure this includes all of your holiday entitlements etc
- Ask them for a copy of all of your time sheets and claims for hours/mileage etc
- Ask them for a copy of all of your payslips

In theory they may look to charge you for this but I would highlight, politely, the on going issues and state that you want to review these or have them reviewed by a third party. I would also contact Acas ( http://www.acas.org.uk) who are a totally independent organisation who will offer advise and act as an official adviser to you to ensure you and your employer are following the correct processes.

I would recommend ACAS and talking to them before you leave as this may drag on but with their weight it will be less likely that your current employer can bury their heads when you have moved to your new place.

PM me if you have any specifics you are willing to share/discuss but not in the public forum. Happy to help if I can
on 13:21 - Nov 19 with 2305 views_

Payroll issues on 13:14 - Nov 19 by Superfrans

Congrats on the new job.

As for your former job and pay issues, it sounds as if whoever has been managing their payroll has made an absolute dog's dinner of it. I am happy to be conradicted by someone who might know better, but what is happening here is fraud, or bordering on it - whether this is knowingly done, or simple incompetence.

Depending on the size of the company, I'd ask for a meeting/discussion with most senior person you can find - maybe the FD/CFO, or even the CEO. Go direct to them.

In this meeting, tell them that you're very concerned, that you've identified some anomalies with your pay etc and every time you look closer it highlights more anomalies.
Explain that you think they have a major issue, as this could affect other members of staff too and that they could face serious problems unless they sort it out for everyone.

To be honest, if an employee came to me with the kind of issues you have highlighted, I'd be looking to get some external help, potentially to get an accountancy firm in and do a full audit of salaries paid, overtime monitoring, holiday pay etc. If there's a problem, best to get it out in to the open and sort out once and for all.

on 13:24 - Nov 19 with 2292 views_

Payroll issues on 13:20 - Nov 19 by DecageBruce

It is the responsibility of your employer to ensure that you are paid correctly but if you have copies of time sheets etc I would get hold of them.

I would:

- Ask them for a copy of your contract and ensure this includes all of your holiday entitlements etc
- Ask them for a copy of all of your time sheets and claims for hours/mileage etc
- Ask them for a copy of all of your payslips

In theory they may look to charge you for this but I would highlight, politely, the on going issues and state that you want to review these or have them reviewed by a third party. I would also contact Acas ( http://www.acas.org.uk) who are a totally independent organisation who will offer advise and act as an official adviser to you to ensure you and your employer are following the correct processes.

I would recommend ACAS and talking to them before you leave as this may drag on but with their weight it will be less likely that your current employer can bury their heads when you have moved to your new place.

PM me if you have any specifics you are willing to share/discuss but not in the public forum. Happy to help if I can

Payroll issues on 13:26 - Nov 19 with 2281 viewsTNBlue

Just walk out with a few laptops when you leave and call it quits
Payroll issues on 13:32 - Nov 19 with 2246 viewsSuperfrans

on 13:21 - Nov 19 by _

Yes, I'm sure there is nothing deliberately fraudulent going on, but they will be in big trouble if they don't sort this out and issues come to light further down the line. It may even get even worse if it is a charity, misuse of funds and all that.

You don't have to steam in and make it a confrontation - maybe have a quiet, friendly word with the ceo and let them know what you've found. You're doing them a favour by highlighting it, you really are.

Anyway, good luck with it. I'm sure you only work for the organisation because you believe in what they are doing. It can't be easy, I'm sure.

Payroll issues on 13:36 - Nov 19 with 2238 viewsSmithersJones

How much of this is specific issues where you think/know you've been underpaid and how much is that their ongoing incompetence means you have doubts about everything they've done?
If it's the former then take it up issue by issue.
If it's the latter (and it sounds like it is) then ask for them to undertake a full audit of everything they've paid you and come back to confirm that it's correct. It may sound odd, and in theory they could choose to cover things up, but it's really not in their interests for them to do so.
on 13:39 - Nov 19 with 2224 views_

Payroll issues on 13:36 - Nov 19 by SmithersJones

How much of this is specific issues where you think/know you've been underpaid and how much is that their ongoing incompetence means you have doubts about everything they've done?
If it's the former then take it up issue by issue.
If it's the latter (and it sounds like it is) then ask for them to undertake a full audit of everything they've paid you and come back to confirm that it's correct. It may sound odd, and in theory they could choose to cover things up, but it's really not in their interests for them to do so.

on 13:41 - Nov 19 with 2220 views_

Payroll issues on 13:32 - Nov 19 by Superfrans

Yes, I'm sure there is nothing deliberately fraudulent going on, but they will be in big trouble if they don't sort this out and issues come to light further down the line. It may even get even worse if it is a charity, misuse of funds and all that.

You don't have to steam in and make it a confrontation - maybe have a quiet, friendly word with the ceo and let them know what you've found. You're doing them a favour by highlighting it, you really are.

Anyway, good luck with it. I'm sure you only work for the organisation because you believe in what they are doing. It can't be easy, I'm sure.

Payroll issues on 15:01 - Nov 19 with 2108 viewssolemio

Nothing helpful. Just good luck, Libero; you don't deserve all this nonsense.
Payroll issues on 15:14 - Nov 19 with 2087 viewsSuperfrans

on 13:41 - Nov 19 by _

No problem. Sounds like a bit of a nightmare...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024