Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trip to Dortmund 10:21 - Nov 19 with 3175 viewsJon_456

I want to go and watch Dortmund sometime between Feb-April.

Any ideas on best place to get tickets from? I'm not really fussy what game I watch but whenever I've looked before, it almost seems impossible to get any through their official ticket website.
Trip to Dortmund on 10:38 - Nov 19 with 3153 viewsskyblue23

Me and some mates have literally been looking into this last Friday and have come to the conclusion you have to buy from viagogo for around £150 per ticket if you want a chance of going. Only other way is if you book a football tour with a big group of you but you'll then end up paying over the odds as they obviously need to make a profit.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Trip to Dortmund on 10:45 - Nov 19 with 3123 viewsNo9

have you tried the stadium direct?
on 10:45 - Nov 19 with 3123 views_

Trip to Dortmund on 10:38 - Nov 19 by skyblue23

Me and some mates have literally been looking into this last Friday and have come to the conclusion you have to buy from viagogo for around £150 per ticket if you want a chance of going. Only other way is if you book a football tour with a big group of you but you'll then end up paying over the odds as they obviously need to make a profit.

Trip to Dortmund on 10:59 - Nov 19 with 3099 viewsnoggin

Try registering on a fans forum and ask if anyone can help. Has worked for me with other clubs in Europe.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Trip to Dortmund on 11:09 - Nov 19 with 3082 viewsuefacup81

If you can get someone to help you around any German-language websites, that may be a good option.

I tried to get tickets for Ajax a few years back, and the only options they gave you on the club website if you were English, were overinflated tourist packages.

I'm not sure if Dortmund do the same, but it's worth bearing in mind.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Trip to Dortmund on 11:14 - Nov 19 with 3065 viewsJon_456

Trip to Dortmund on 11:09 - Nov 19 by uefacup81

If you can get someone to help you around any German-language websites, that may be a good option.

I tried to get tickets for Ajax a few years back, and the only options they gave you on the club website if you were English, were overinflated tourist packages.

I'm not sure if Dortmund do the same, but it's worth bearing in mind.

If only I knew someone that spoke German!

Strangely it seems the UCL games are easier to get tickets for than the Bundesliga.
Trip to Dortmund on 11:19 - Nov 19 with 3058 viewsuefacup81

Trip to Dortmund on 11:14 - Nov 19 by Jon_456

If only I knew someone that spoke German!

Strangely it seems the UCL games are easier to get tickets for than the Bundesliga.

Du musst einfach nur fragen! ;-)

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Trip to Dortmund on 11:23 - Nov 19 with 3049 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

We went earlier this year, a really good experience but the ticketing isn't ideal. On their website they list when games will go on sale to the general public. We had to be on the website at 8am and they have all sold by 9am but we did get them. £20 was far better than Viagogo.

One tip of advice - there is very little in Dortmund other than the football so don't plan a long stay there. Most pubs and bars are shut by midnight.

We got to the ground 3 hours before kick off and it was 2 euros a beer and a festival atmosphere.

Enjoy!

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Login to get fewer ads

Trip to Dortmund on 11:40 - Nov 19 with 3027 viewsJon_456

Trip to Dortmund on 11:23 - Nov 19 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

We went earlier this year, a really good experience but the ticketing isn't ideal. On their website they list when games will go on sale to the general public. We had to be on the website at 8am and they have all sold by 9am but we did get them. £20 was far better than Viagogo.

One tip of advice - there is very little in Dortmund other than the football so don't plan a long stay there. Most pubs and bars are shut by midnight.

We got to the ground 3 hours before kick off and it was 2 euros a beer and a festival atmosphere.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the advice.

We were looking to fly in that day, watch the football, stay the night then fly out the following day so weren't planning on staying long.

I'll keep an eye out for when tickets are released then.
Trip to Dortmund on 12:21 - Nov 19 with 2980 viewsskusesrightpeg

if your looking Dortmund way and struggling,

you should have a look into places near by.

we went out last year and done Cologne, Monchengladbach and Dusseldorf in a weekend, best trip by far.

tickets were easy through the clubs websites(with the help of google translate)

Colognes atmosphere was something else considering they hadn't won all season.

flights to cologne can be as cheap as £20 retrun
Trip to Dortmund on 13:04 - Nov 19 with 2911 viewsTractorCam

Trip to Dortmund on 11:40 - Nov 19 by Jon_456

Thanks for the advice.

We were looking to fly in that day, watch the football, stay the night then fly out the following day so weren't planning on staying long.

I'll keep an eye out for when tickets are released then.

If you have facebook, join the group "European football weekends" and ask on there, a Dortmund member got me 2 tickets and even posted them to me when I went last season.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Trip to Dortmund on 13:07 - Nov 19 with 2902 viewslinhdi

Trip to Dortmund on 11:23 - Nov 19 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Enjoy!

One great thing to do in Dortmund is the brilliant German National Football Museum, right next to the main station.
Trip to Dortmund on 13:11 - Nov 19 with 2897 viewsTractorCam

Trip to Dortmund on 13:07 - Nov 19 by linhdi

One great thing to do in Dortmund is the brilliant German National Football Museum, right next to the main station.

Unless it's a monday, closed that day as I cruelly found out.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Trip to Dortmund on 14:53 - Nov 19 with 2828 viewsCurrie10

Outside the ground you'll find some below face value on the day of the game I would suggest or at worst face value.

I'd be quite content to go to Dortmund without a ticket unless Bayern / Schalke 04 - not too tricky to get.

Website a good place.

Sod Viagogo and these rip off places. Absolute guff. Face value or no deal.
Trip to Dortmund on 17:51 - Nov 19 with 2752 viewsfallyblue

Myself and five mates went to watch them play Berlin in January t Berlin fantastic trip, they sell the tickets in the supporters shops in the city they start at €15 and that includes all your travel around Berlin great experience and more to do there than Dortmund
Trip to Dortmund on 18:20 - Nov 19 with 2733 viewsTractorWood

I've been albeit for an England game. I'd stay in Dusseldorf or Cologne though as Dortmund is a pretty unspectacular place. Just watch any game you can find, the more obscure the better for me. Think Bochum or Darmstadt.

Like England, football culture is deeply engrained in society in Germany. You don't have to go to Dortmund to experience it, just like you don't have to go to Man United to experience English football.

As a few others have said, I'd pick the city you want to visit before the football game. Berlin, Hamburg, Dusseldorf are all fantastic and have very different feels.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 18:23]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024