Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest thing to come out this morning..... 11:40 - Nov 20 with 2156 viewsitfcjoe

....that no-one seems to have picked up on is this

"He [Lambert] confirmed he met with Evans at Playford Road yesterday as well as Lee O’Neill, who we understand has taken on a more general football operartions role while retaining his position as academy director."

Even if Phil did spell 'operations' wrong

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 11:42 - Nov 20 with 2105 viewsGuthrum

Perhaps he is in charge of club art?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 11:45 - Nov 20 with 2072 viewsReuser_is_God

That’s good.

Possible that that is in preparation for Bowman leaving/retiring? Know he’s getting on a bit & commutes down from up north.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 11:55 - Nov 20 with 2037 viewsPhilTWTD

Arse! Typo amended. Heard this was happening a while back, L'ON was fairly involved in the interview process in the summer. I gather he'll be doing a lot of the public commenting on football-related but not directly first-team-related stuff going forward.
Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 11:56 - Nov 20 with 2017 viewsKieran_Knows

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 11:55 - Nov 20 by PhilTWTD

Arse! Typo amended. Heard this was happening a while back, L'ON was fairly involved in the interview process in the summer. I gather he'll be doing a lot of the public commenting on football-related but not directly first-team-related stuff going forward.

In the nicest possible way, Evan's new mouthpiece instead of Milne? Something along those lines?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 11:57 - Nov 20 with 2004 viewsitfcjoe

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 11:55 - Nov 20 by PhilTWTD

I knew he's been at most first team games in an official capacity and is very highly rated by ME so this was expected but interesting to see it seemingly being more formalised

It's an obvious step from a role like that in the academy across to the whole club which I'm sure will happen fully at some point

on 11:58 - Nov 20 with 1986 views_

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 11:56 - Nov 20 by Kieran_Knows

In the nicest possible way, Evan's new mouthpiece instead of Milne? Something along those lines?

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 11:58 - Nov 20 with 1989 viewsSteve_M

That has been suggested as well. As Phil says, there were suggests about O'Neill becoming more prominent earlier in the Summer.

Still won't change a lot when Evans still insists on signing off the smallest things.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 11:59 - Nov 20 with 1983 viewsPhilTWTD

Part of it, I think. Ian's still going to be there as MD but his position has been in charge of the not directly football stuff, the off-field side of things. Think they felt there was scope for a role somewhere between the managing director's and the first-team manager's, not just in terms of media.
Login to get fewer ads

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 12:01 - Nov 20 with 1967 viewsLord_Lucan

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 11:58 - Nov 20 by Steve_M

That has been suggested as well. As Phil says, there were suggests about O'Neill becoming more prominent earlier in the Summer.

Still won't change a lot when Evans still insists on signing off the smallest things.

O Neill is by all accounts being groomed for greater things and PH dismissed this.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 12:06 - Nov 20 with 1928 viewschicoazul

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 11:42 - Nov 20 by Guthrum

Perhaps he is in charge of club art?

You just reminded me of a night I spent off my face in Club Art Southend, ahhh Marie from Ireland I hardly knew you.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 12:08 - Nov 20 with 1917 viewsKieran_Knows

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 12:01 - Nov 20 by Lord_Lucan

O Neill is by all accounts being groomed for greater things and PH dismissed this.

I know it has been mentioned several times, but really seems as if PH went out of his way to alienate the first team squad from the academy.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2018 12:33]

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 12:14 - Nov 20 with 1874 viewsitfcjoe

on 11:58 - Nov 20 by _

He's basically Klug's boss as it is in reality, although BK does have an almost free hand

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 12:14 - Nov 20 with 1871 viewsBrixtonBlue

No, the biggest thing is that Paul Lambert doesn't like duck.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 12:29 - Nov 20 with 1800 viewsSWGF

I was told a while back (year or more) that LO'N was far more integral to the Academy success than BK.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 12:29 - Nov 20 with 1791 viewsLord_Lucan

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 12:08 - Nov 20 by Kieran_Knows

I know it has been mentioned several times, but really seems as if PH went out of his way to alienate the first team squad from the academy.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2018 12:33]

It's actually a bit like waking up from a horrific nightmare isn't it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 12:35 - Nov 20 with 1748 viewsKieran_Knows

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 12:29 - Nov 20 by Lord_Lucan

It's actually a bit like waking up from a horrific nightmare isn't it.

Very much so.

Biggest thing to come out this morning..... on 12:42 - Nov 20 with 1710 viewsPhilTWTD

Think this new role has been in process since before the manager change.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024