Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quick question re: Knudsen... 14:45 - Nov 20 with 3727 viewshoppy

From reading a few comments on here from some regarding this Knudsen interview, just want to clarify a couple of things...
DId Jonas actively seek out a reporter to state he was wanting to leave and move on, or was he merely giving an honest answer to questions put to him by a reporter hoping to get some kind of scoop, looking for some kind of reaction to make a headline from?
What has he said that in any way makes him 'too big for his boots', as I couldn't see anything in Phil's story that suggested that.
Thanks in advance.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

on 14:49 - Nov 20 with 2967 views_

Quick question re: Knudsen... on 14:50 - Nov 20 with 2958 viewsfactual_blue

You need to go to the TWTD Inability To Comprehend English Masterclass, and the seminars on The Incorrect Evaluation Of Evidence.

Both course come highly recommended, and are delivered by MooseTrain management training. 'Grabbing The Problem By Antlers, and Eviscerating The Student' is their motto.

Pricing is - as you would expect - competitive.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Quick question re: Knudsen... on 17:38 - Nov 20 with 2847 viewshoppy

Quick question re: Knudsen... on 14:50 - Nov 20 by factual_blue

You need to go to the TWTD Inability To Comprehend English Masterclass, and the seminars on The Incorrect Evaluation Of Evidence.

Both course come highly recommended, and are delivered by MooseTrain management training. 'Grabbing The Problem By Antlers, and Eviscerating The Student' is their motto.

Pricing is - as you would expect - competitive.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I let my subscription expire, so wasn't sure who to contact...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Quick question re: Knudsen... on 17:41 - Nov 20 with 2843 viewstextbackup

on 14:49 - Nov 20 by _

I've watched Jonas many times, and what strikes me is I think he really lacks basic intelligence, his decision making is absolutely awful at times.
Edun must have told him 3/4 times (within the space of 15/20 mins) to make a certain run, but every time he stood open mouthed catching flies.
I really don't know what he's done, shown, here to be such a favourite amongst some

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

on 18:35 - Nov 20 with 2780 views_

Quick question re: Knudsen... on 17:41 - Nov 20 by textbackup

I've watched Jonas many times, and what strikes me is I think he really lacks basic intelligence, his decision making is absolutely awful at times.
Edun must have told him 3/4 times (within the space of 15/20 mins) to make a certain run, but every time he stood open mouthed catching flies.
I really don't know what he's done, shown, here to be such a favourite amongst some

The situation is just going to snowball.... on 18:52 - Nov 20 with 2783 viewsBloots

....a few of the less gifted but more gobby fans/posters will repeatedly say how crap he is.

Then a section of fans in the ground will start frothing at the mouth about how we will be better off without him.

After a few weeks it'll come to a head during a match when he'll start getting abuse.

He'll leave January for peanuts.

Then we'll realise that we don't have the finances or attractiveness to replace him.

We'll end up with an inferior replacement that leaves us in a worse position than we are now.

Then some people will say "I told you so".

Sound familiar?
[Post edited 20 Nov 2018 18:57]

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Quick question re: Knudsen... on 19:00 - Nov 20 with 2742 viewstextbackup

on 18:35 - Nov 20 by _

i actually did mean to write that, because as a person I have no idea on his intelligence.

The situation is just going to snowball.... on 19:40 - Nov 20 with 2687 viewsChe

The situation is just going to snowball.... on 18:52 - Nov 20 by Bloots

....a few of the less gifted but more gobby fans/posters will repeatedly say how crap he is.

Then a section of fans in the ground will start frothing at the mouth about how we will be better off without him.

After a few weeks it'll come to a head during a match when he'll start getting abuse.

Then we'll realise that we don't have the finances or attractiveness to replace him.

We'll end up with an inferior replacement that leaves us in a worse position than we are now.

Sound familiar?

He is the latest whipping boy.
Login to get fewer ads

The situation is just going to snowball.... on 19:49 - Nov 20 with 2672 viewsReuser_is_God

Sound familiar?

But he is crap.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

on 20:09 - Nov 20 with 2638 views_

Quick question re: Knudsen... on 19:00 - Nov 20 by textbackup

i actually did mean to write that, because as a person I have no idea on his intelligence.

Quick question re: Knudsen... on 20:18 - Nov 20 with 2631 viewstextbackup

on 20:09 - Nov 20 by _

i gotcha buh

Back of the net. (n/t) on 20:21 - Nov 20 with 2625 viewsBloots

The situation is just going to snowball.... on 19:49 - Nov 20 by Reuser_is_God

But he is crap.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

The situation is just going to snowball.... on 21:06 - Nov 20 with 2565 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sound familiar?

But all those fans clearly know better than the at least 5 different managers who have consistently picked him to play for Ipswich and Denmark.

From what I have seen this season, his long throw has become more effective, whilst his defending generally (in common with every other defensive player in our team including the goalkeeper) has not been as good as previously.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The situation is just going to snowball.... on 00:10 - Nov 21 with 2447 viewsZacak

The situation is just going to snowball.... on 21:06 - Nov 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

But all those fans clearly know better than the at least 5 different managers who have consistently picked him to play for Ipswich and Denmark.

From what I have seen this season, his long throw has become more effective, whilst his defending generally (in common with every other defensive player in our team including the goalkeeper) has not been as good as previously.

So the best attribute of our left back is his long throw. I agree. His long throws have more chance of finding a team mate than his feet.
Quick question re: Knudsen... on 00:36 - Nov 21 with 2428 viewsDarth_Koont

People who don't like reading or thinking too much tend to read headlines and then fill in the rest according to their opinions of how the world works.

It's a quick way of staying on top of things but their opinions become as accurate as an unwound watch.

Then they read the next headline ...

Pronouns: He/Him

Quick question re: Knudsen... on 00:43 - Nov 21 with 2415 viewsDarth_Koont

That's odd because he's one of the only full backs in recent memory who has gone on the overlap almost every game. And certainly is never shy in getting up to support.

Why do you have to hold Knudsen to a higher standard in order to criticise him?

on 12:57 - Nov 21 with 2210 views_

Quick question re: Knudsen... on 00:43 - Nov 21 by Darth_Koont

That's odd because he's one of the only full backs in recent memory who has gone on the overlap almost every game. And certainly is never shy in getting up to support.

Why do you have to hold Knudsen to a higher standard in order to criticise him?

Quick question re: Knudsen... on 13:02 - Nov 21 with 2198 viewsBiGDonnie

Apparently he's one of the best left backs in the league...

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

on 13:03 - Nov 21 with 2196 views_

Quick question re: Knudsen... on 13:02 - Nov 21 by BiGDonnie

Apparently he's one of the best left backs in the league...

The situation is just going to snowball.... on 13:04 - Nov 21 with 2194 viewsBiGDonnie

Sound familiar?

With Lambert in charge we have no worries about attracting a suitable replacement.

COYBs

Quick question re: Knudsen... on 13:05 - Nov 21 with 2190 viewsDarth_Koont

on 12:57 - Nov 21 by _

Maybe, but if he wasn't flawed he wouldn't be playing for us or probably in the Championship.

Problem with Jonas is he's actually one of our most well-rounded players so his strengths and weaknesses are pretty evenly spread. His standout ability (and why managers keep picking him or look at him from other teams) is his ability to do his job consistently for 90 minutes up and down the touchline. That his job is consistently a 6 or 7 out of 10 doesn't matter as much as the manager's ability to build a team and an approach around that consistent level throughout each game.

The situation is just going to snowball.... on 13:05 - Nov 21 with 2186 viewsBiGDonnie

The situation is just going to snowball.... on 21:06 - Nov 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

He hasn't consistently been picked to play for Denmark.

COYBs

Quick question re: Knudsen... on 13:07 - Nov 21 with 2175 viewsBiGDonnie

on 13:03 - Nov 21 by _

I'm waiting for the dreaded down vote from you know who!

TBF, that long throw stat does more than a job on FM .

COYBs

on 13:09 - Nov 21 with 2168 views_

The situation is just going to snowball.... on 13:05 - Nov 21 by BiGDonnie

He hasn't consistently been picked to play for Denmark.

The situation is just going to snowball.... on 13:16 - Nov 21 with 2152 viewsDarth_Koont

on 13:09 - Nov 21 by _

Stryger-Larsen is a completely different player that plays a different role from what I saw at the World Cup. And way too good for us or the Championship so not sure of the relevance.

Does that mean when Jonas is picked that he's suddenly good again?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024