Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? 15:09 - Nov 20 with 2876 viewsJ2BLUE

Quick question if anyone can spare me two minutes. Thank you.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 15:13 - Nov 20 with 2858 views_

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:13 - Nov 20 with 2855 viewsSpruceMoose

No, you can't carry your three days holiday over and no, you don't get a Christmas bonus. We told you that at your interview.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:15 - Nov 20 with 2847 viewsJ2BLUE

on 15:13 - Nov 20 by _

Cheers, it's not anything like your query though. I'm thinking of when I start a job in the future.

Thanks anyway.

Truly impaired.

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:28 - Nov 20 with 2815 viewsXYZ

Happy to help if you haven't got any yet.
Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:28 - Nov 20 with 2818 viewsfactual_blue

on 15:13 - Nov 20 by _

Here's a true payroll story. My former was taking on many hundreds of people after the credit crunch (caused by various banks around the world). In getting these people on to payroll, one person had their staff number inadvertently put in the annual salary box. Staff numbers were issued sequentially: when I started in 1978 my staff number was 4xxxxxxx. By 2008 the staff numbers had passed the 100000000 mark. Fortunately in the several audit checks of payroll, that one was luckily spotted and corrected in time - somebody due a couple of grand a month would have got over £8 million. I say luckily as the audit checks are all geared towards making sure everybody due salary gets it.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2018 15:32]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:32 - Nov 20 with 2807 viewsGeoffSentence

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:28 - Nov 20 by factual_blue

Here's a true payroll story. My former was taking on many hundreds of people after the credit crunch (caused by various banks around the world). In getting these people on to payroll, one person had their staff number inadvertently put in the annual salary box. Staff numbers were issued sequentially: when I started in 1978 my staff number was 4xxxxxxx. By 2008 the staff numbers had passed the 100000000 mark. Fortunately in the several audit checks of payroll, that one was luckily spotted and corrected in time - somebody due a couple of grand a month would have got over £8 million. I say luckily as the audit checks are all geared towards making sure everybody due salary gets it.

"staff number indvertantly put in the staff number box"

Isn't that where it should go?

Judging by the gist of the rest of it I am guessing that someone almost got paid the amount of their very high staff number.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:35 - Nov 20 with 2794 viewsfactual_blue

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:32 - Nov 20 by GeoffSentence

"staff number indvertantly put in the staff number box"

Isn't that where it should go?

Judging by the gist of the rest of it I am guessing that someone almost got paid the amount of their very high staff number.

Good thinking, Wilson. I was wondering who'd be the first to spot that.

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:36 - Nov 20 with 2789 viewsGeoffSentence

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:35 - Nov 20 by factual_blue

Good thinking, Wilson. I was wondering who'd be the first to spot that.

on the other hand, maybe you worked somewhere where the staff were so highly incompetent, that when they got it right it was noteworthy.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:39 - Nov 20 with 2778 viewsfooters

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:36 - Nov 20 by GeoffSentence

on the other hand, maybe you worked somewhere where the staff were so highly incompetent, that when they got it right it was noteworthy.

Incompetent staff? The Civil Service?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

on 15:45 - Nov 20 with 2759 views_

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:39 - Nov 20 by footers

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:48 - Nov 20 with 2753 viewsSpruceMoose

on 15:45 - Nov 20 by _

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:51 - Nov 20 with 2746 viewsfooters

Facters managed to be both incompetent and incontinent during his spell there.

Sounds like you've had a rough time of it lately, Libby. Just keep shaking that money tree!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

on 15:51 - Nov 20 with 2742 views_

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:51 - Nov 20 by footers

Sounds like you've had a rough time of it lately, Libby. Just keep shaking that money tree!

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 16:07 - Nov 20 with 2697 viewsSikamikanico

work in tax/payroll - happy to help if needed
Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 16:21 - Nov 20 with 2655 viewsfactual_blue

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:39 - Nov 20 by footers

Outsourced staff, I believe.

Firm whose name rhymes with Tapita.

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 16:22 - Nov 20 with 2648 viewsSpruceMoose

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 16:21 - Nov 20 by factual_blue

Outsourced staff, I believe.

Firm whose name rhymes with Tapita.

Slapita?

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 16:29 - Nov 20 with 2632 viewsJ2BLUE

Many thanks to XYZ and Sikamikanico for answering my question.

Cheers.

Truly impaired.

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 16:33 - Nov 20 with 2625 viewsfactual_blue

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:51 - Nov 20 by footers

I was never in payroll. I was NOT incompetent.

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 16:35 - Nov 20 with 2622 viewsSpruceMoose

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 16:33 - Nov 20 by factual_blue

I was never in payroll. I was NOT incompetent.

I think he meant incontinent.

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 16:43 - Nov 20 with 2595 viewschicoazul

Charities are, sadly, notoriously incompetent when it comes to payroll infrastructure and money in general, apart from spending it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 17:07 - Nov 20 with 2554 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Check your contract. It is all there.

You're welcome
Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 17:28 - Nov 20 with 2519 viewsbluelagos

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 15:28 - Nov 20 by factual_blue

Back in the day when working for the C that merged with Pw to make PwC, my mate hired a car from Hertz the day after the merger. He was evidently the first PwC employee globally to hire a car from them.

Hertz managed to direct all air miles, for all business hires of the 90k employees of the new company, onto my mates air miles account. Being the honest type, he came clean, rather than enjoying free travel for life.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 18:37 - Nov 20 with 2454 viewsfactual_blue

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 16:35 - Nov 20 by SpruceMoose

I think he meant incontinent.

I said what I meant, and meant what I said.

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 21:53 - Nov 20 with 2338 viewsPinewoodblue

Does anyone work in payroll that I could PM please? on 16:22 - Nov 20 by SpruceMoose

Slapita?

Soon after they took over a company I worked for they were soon referred to as Crapita.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024