Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is it that our senior players who are firm fixtures in 19:41 - Nov 20 with 1818 viewsSimonds92

The first team and by all accounts show brilliant attitude towards the club, are having to continually come out and put pressure on the owner to offer them a new contract? There's nothing new about Knudsens situation, he is one of numerous players in the last 10 years. You can understand their frustrations when they have served the club so well.
Why is it that our senior players who are firm fixtures in on 20:31 - Nov 20 with 1741 viewssolemio

At the moment the fact that we have had three managers in a few months is surely relevant, although I accept that this has been ongoing for quite a while.
Why is it that our senior players who are firm fixtures in on 22:00 - Nov 20 with 1645 viewsColchesterBlue1985

We’re rock bottom and potentially going into league 1, Knudsen wouldn’t sign a deal if it was put in front of him so the point is moot and I imagine Evans is reluctant to be dishing out new contracts whilst we are bottom.
Why is it that our senior players who are firm fixtures in on 00:25 - Nov 21 with 1516 viewsZacak

He may want to be paid as an international which comes at a premium. Is he worth a bigger wage than the rest of the squad?
Why is it that our senior players who are firm fixtures in on 00:33 - Nov 21 with 1507 viewsBlueBadger

It's nothing new, it's the same half-arsed approach that's been shown for the last ten years.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why is it that our senior players who are firm fixtures in on 07:13 - Nov 21 with 1391 viewsDarth_Koont

Why is it that our senior players who are firm fixtures in on 20:31 - Nov 20 by solemio

At the moment the fact that we have had three managers in a few months is surely relevant, although I accept that this has been ongoing for quite a while.

Agreed. Think you can almost go back to January/February this year to when an early renewal of a senior player's contract would have been put on hold because of the manager leaving or the new manager wanting to have a look.

But yes, it seems to be a long-term thing with us. Does anyone know whether it's the same at other clubs or do they renew contracts earlier?

Pronouns: He/Him

Why is it that our senior players who are firm fixtures in on 07:18 - Nov 21 with 1383 viewsSuperfrans

1. Presumably, because the new manager hasn’t yet given his verdict on the player.
2. the owner may be concerned about being lumbered with a player on a big contract if we end up in league one.
3. Between them, they may feel that a left back with Jonas’s style is not that difficult to replace.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Why is it that our senior players who are firm fixtures in on 07:52 - Nov 21 with 1339 viewsSimonds92

Why is it that our senior players who are firm fixtures in on 07:18 - Nov 21 by Superfrans

1. Presumably, because the new manager hasn’t yet given his verdict on the player.
2. the owner may be concerned about being lumbered with a player on a big contract if we end up in league one.
3. Between them, they may feel that a left back with Jonas’s style is not that difficult to replace.

My point was why is this continually happening?! We had the Chambers situation last 2 years and hes the club captain. Skuse is in a similar position, McAuley, Leadbitter etc etc. Why are we reaching this situation on first team players that seem to start at least 80% of the games.
Why is it that our senior players who are firm fixtures in on 08:20 - Nov 21 with 1281 viewsitfcjoe

Why is it that our senior players who are firm fixtures in on 07:52 - Nov 21 by Simonds92

My point was why is this continually happening?! We had the Chambers situation last 2 years and hes the club captain. Skuse is in a similar position, McAuley, Leadbitter etc etc. Why are we reaching this situation on first team players that seem to start at least 80% of the games.

Chambers will be happening again soon as his contract is up this summer

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Why is it that our senior players who are firm fixtures in on 09:10 - Nov 21 with 1221 viewsBlueBadger

Because this is the way the owner has operated for the last ten years. You'd think that after all the quality players we've allowed to go due to dithering over contracts he'd have learnt by now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024