Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apologies if already discussed to death - I've not been around today... 17:31 - Nov 21 with 1552 viewshoppy

and not got time to have a look through everything...

But this news about the epidemic of gambling ammongst young people, with a sharp increase over the last 2 years, with more children/young people regularaly betting than are reported to have problems with alcohol, smoking or drugs.... does beg the question how that's happened? Any idea?

Edit: An interesting article on it here:
https://www.addiction-ssa.org/commentary/football-and-gambling-an-unholy-matrimo
[Post edited 21 Nov 2018 17:37]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Apologies if already discussed to death - I've not been around today... on 02:15 - Nov 22 with 1400 viewsWeWereZombies

Yesterday evening's nine o'clock news on Radio Two carried an item about this, right after the news that the World's highest paid woman is chief executive of Bet365!

I think the only way to combat this pernicious trend is for stories of tragic gamblers (surely the default case) to become more well known and for it to become easier, more socially acceptable, for gamblers to own up to the times when it goes wrong for them.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Apologies if already discussed to death - I've not been around today... on 03:53 - Nov 22 with 1381 viewsRyorry

B365 adverts constantly moving on boards round the perimeter of most Prem, Ch'ship and international football matches, incl televised one, watched by all ages from 0-100. Not to mention heavy advertising at all other prof sporting events. It thereby becomes the norm, or even "normal". Even from the pov of a light gambler like myself, that's totally out of order, esp considering how heavily regulated most other things are in these days of stringent elfen safety, risk assessments etc. How much tax does Govt. take out of it? What are the costs of addiction?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Apologies if already discussed to death - I've not been around today... on 07:07 - Nov 22 with 1301 viewsDeano69

Heavily advertised in sport, but also in many gaming ‘free’ apps. It has become so accessible and has little stigma attached to it among youngsters.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Apologies if already discussed to death - I've not been around today... on 09:54 - Nov 22 with 1224 viewsFrimleyBlue

Had a chat at football the other day about this. One thing that came up which actually is a good point...... Fifa pretty much is a start of gambling. Afterall you're spending money and hoping to get a big win with player packs. It is afterall a form of gambling, you may not be winning money but it can get you hooked and I know friends of my son who have spent hundreds of pounds on player packs

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Apologies if already discussed to death - I've not been around today... on 10:10 - Nov 22 with 1195 viewsIpswichKnight

Apologies if already discussed to death - I've not been around today... on 02:15 - Nov 22 by WeWereZombies

Yesterday evening's nine o'clock news on Radio Two carried an item about this, right after the news that the World's highest paid woman is chief executive of Bet365!

I think the only way to combat this pernicious trend is for stories of tragic gamblers (surely the default case) to become more well known and for it to become easier, more socially acceptable, for gamblers to own up to the times when it goes wrong for them.

I've worked in this sector before ( got made redundant when they moved the office to Sheffield! ), it would help if there was a central register of all those who have self excluded, currently the best option is for the gambling companies to be using a certain device ID system that allows you to look up to it and see if a customers device has been marked as self excluded with another operator. Any of our customers found to have been self excluded on another companies site would be immediately suspended by us and referred to our compliance team.
Apologies if already discussed to death - I've not been around today... on 10:12 - Nov 22 with 1188 viewsbrazil1982

Am I being naive here, but how does a child pay for these services?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024