Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit 16:28 - Nov 22 with 9244 viewsblueislander

It looks now as though there will be some sort of Brexit agreement with the EU. Obviously it won't satisfy a lot of people, but I think you have to admire May's tenacity in getting this far. It is very doubtful if it will get through parliament, unless the so-called hard Brexiteers capitulate as they did with the no confidence vote. What happens if it doesn't get passed is anyone's guess.
Brexit on 12:41 - Nov 23 with 455 viewsNo9

Brexit on 12:09 - Nov 23 by CoachRob

Are we headed back to the time of Oliver Cromwell? Some idiots suggesting Mrs May waits for second vote on deal once the markets have fallen. BBC and Sky pushing Mrs May personal attributes rather than the deal shows how rubbish this deal is.

"BBC and Sky pushing Mrs May personal attributes rather than the deal shows how rubbish this deal is."
The BBC certainly is, there is still a reluctance to deal with the real issues
Now I heard this morning ex brexit sec Rudd says staying in the EU is better that what Mrs May has offered so far
Why can't we have grown ups in Parliament?

My view has always been Camerons ideas were to eliminate real government & he's been aided by the RW media
Brexit on 12:54 - Nov 23 with 441 viewsCoachRob

Brexit on 12:41 - Nov 23 by No9

"BBC and Sky pushing Mrs May personal attributes rather than the deal shows how rubbish this deal is."
The BBC certainly is, there is still a reluctance to deal with the real issues
Now I heard this morning ex brexit sec Rudd says staying in the EU is better that what Mrs May has offered so far
Why can't we have grown ups in Parliament?

My view has always been Camerons ideas were to eliminate real government & he's been aided by the RW media

Cameron's ideas are just an extension of the freshwater economists from the USA. I would agree with Raab that staying in is better than May's deal but from a lefty perspective there are many problems with the EU; State aid rules, social chapter erosion and oligopolistic market.
Brexit on 13:37 - Nov 23 with 420 viewsNo9

Brexit on 12:54 - Nov 23 by CoachRob

Cameron's ideas are just an extension of the freshwater economists from the USA. I would agree with Raab that staying in is better than May's deal but from a lefty perspective there are many problems with the EU; State aid rules, social chapter erosion and oligopolistic market.

"social chapter erosion and oligopolistic market."
I don't agree with the first and am not sure what you mean by the second.
As far as State aid rules are concerned they can be and are often used for any state member benefit
which s why most of the railways in the EU are state owned
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024