Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crowd of over 22,000 tonight 09:51 - Nov 23 with 4009 viewsgeg1992

bottom of the league and being shown on Sky - fantastic support and shows that the fans are out there.

Considering that with the season ticket £10 deals, we don't see a big improvement in attendances, I hope that moving forward the club adopts the £10 all round policy with their promotions. Especially with the situation we find ourselves in - we need all the fans we can get in the ground. Any season ticket holders who moan about 'rewarding the true fans' or whatever that BS is can do one :) That's just moaners being moaners - as a season ticket holder I'd much rather see the fans coming in - I'm sure that most are in this boat too.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2018 9:51]

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 10:08 - Nov 23 with 3945 viewsbrazil1982

Just shows what people are prepared to pay - hope ITFC learn from this.
Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 10:55 - Nov 23 with 3862 viewsFreddy

Can't imagine they'll be able to do the £10 deal too often though, wont it piss season ticket holders off
Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 11:03 - Nov 23 with 3835 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

As a season ticket holder I cannot agree more. Love seeing the fans come in and the stadium being busy.

£15 Adult ticket is perfect I think as a rule.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 11:06 - Nov 23 with 3826 viewsBurwell_Blue

The people have spoken.

Sick to death of high prices and players being paid stupid undeserved wages?
Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 11:15 - Nov 23 with 3806 viewsbritbiker

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 11:03 - Nov 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

As a season ticket holder I cannot agree more. Love seeing the fans come in and the stadium being busy.

Pricing is alwsys a tough one.
Ive had several friends who gave up their seasin tickets for various reasons and stated they would buy for individual matches insread. Now they dont go at all or only a couple of times a season.

With EFL games now on SKY red button during the week its going to make it harder to get them back.
Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 12:22 - Nov 23 with 3706 viewsGuthrum

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 10:08 - Nov 23 by brazil1982

Problem is, we (or any other club in the Chanpionship) cannot afford to run the club on £10 per ticket every game, unless there are substantial cost reductions. Which would mainly have to come from the area of player/manager/coaching wages to have sufficient impact. Back to (pro rata) 1970s levels.

Can't see that happening soon.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 12:40 - Nov 23 with 3642 viewschristiand

I appreciate the club is restricted in these types of deals during the season, but it doesn't take a marketing guru to work-out that if we opened this ticket promotion up to all our fans instead of just season ticket holders, look at what can be achieved. I appreciate that ST holders expect something back for their loyalty to the club, but as a footballer I'd much prefer to play in a stadium filled with a decent crowd and atmosphere than a sea of empty blue seats! I just hope the penny finally drops to those that make these type of decisions at PR.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 12:46 - Nov 23 with 3620 viewsxrayspecs

I have no problem with the club running occasional promotions to generate bigger attendances.

However, if they do them too often, then season ticket holders will have no incentive to renew and revenues will fall.
Login to get fewer ads

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 12:55 - Nov 23 with 3590 viewsGlebeTractor

There is a great idea that Hull have introduced which is simply £12pp, no matter what your age.

Doesn't matter if you're 80, 40 or 5 it's 12 quid.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 13:01 - Nov 23 with 3562 viewsKeaneish

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 10:08 - Nov 23 by brazil1982

Think having a manager who is openly building damaged relationships in the community and with fans is also playing its part.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 13:04 - Nov 23 with 3542 viewsuefacup81

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 12:46 - Nov 23 by xrayspecs

I have no problem with the club running occasional promotions to generate bigger attendances.

However, if they do them too often, then season ticket holders will have no incentive to renew and revenues will fall.

I guess that's where an element of bravery/risk comes in.

You could have crowds of 16,000 with 10,000 season ticket holders paying, say, £400 average, and an average on-the-day ticket of £20, giving you £293,913 in matchday revenues.*

On the other hand, you could set an all-areas price of £15 and you'd get the same revenue from an attendance of about 19,600, with increased ancillary revenues on top.

*These figures are pulled primarily from my backside - someone with better skills/more time might be able to give a more realistic picture.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2018 13:05]

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 15:16 - Nov 23 with 3356 viewsnorth_stand77

Whilst we are all agreed we need as many fans going as possible, it needs a fresh look next season.

Even at 15 quid across the board, there has to be an incentive for fans to buy season tickets, especially as there will be fans there tonight for example who have already paid at least 20 quid for tonight's game whilst others are paying 10.

Hopefully tonight's gate size will give the club something to think about.
Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 15:25 - Nov 23 with 3330 viewsBurwell_Blue

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 15:16 - Nov 23 by north_stand77

Whilst we are all agreed we need as many fans going as possible, it needs a fresh look next season.

Even at 15 quid across the board, there has to be an incentive for fans to buy season tickets, especially as there will be fans there tonight for example who have already paid at least 20 quid for tonight's game whilst others are paying 10.

Hopefully tonight's gate size will give the club something to think about.

Could it be the end of season tickets?

Drop the price across the board, allowing people to reserve a seat for 7 days after the last match so that they can sit with their chums?

Admin nightmare or allowing people to be more flexible and hopefully have increased gates due to lower prices?
Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 15:28 - Nov 23 with 3316 viewsSouperJim

The gate being up is as much to do with having a manager who clearly values the fans as it is the ticket promotion. He's engaging with the fanbase and build bridges where successive incumbents have burned them. If the club need to learn anything from this is they need to communicate with us better and show that they value our support, rather than just see us as customers they can take the p!ss out of.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 15:36 - Nov 23 with 3301 viewsflimflam

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 11:03 - Nov 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

Also as a season ticket holder I would have no problem with this happening more often if it means we get a good crowd and atmosphere which could be key in helping us turn things around.

I would be out of pocket but bigger things at stake here.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 15:55 - Nov 23 with 3263 viewsbluejake78

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 12:22 - Nov 23 by Guthrum

Problem is, we (or any other club in the Chanpionship) cannot afford to run the club on £10 per ticket every game, unless there are substantial cost reductions. Which would mainly have to come from the area of player/manager/coaching wages to have sufficient impact. Back to (pro rata) 1970s levels.

Can't see that happening soon.

If the club woke up to the fact they can increase revenue with better food and service in the ground,sales in the club shop and general interest in the club.
There will still be 8,000 empty seats tonight (usually in excess of 15,000)
Lets not forget away fans and give them a good day out (apart from the result).
We could also reward the hardcore season ticket holders with subsidized travel to away matches and more benefits at home matches.
Marketing at Towen is so blinkered.
Wake up Town management and smell the coffee (if they can get one)
COYB.
Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 16:01 - Nov 23 with 3255 viewsuefacup81

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 15:55 - Nov 23 by bluejake78

If the club woke up to the fact they can increase revenue with better food and service in the ground,sales in the club shop and general interest in the club.
We could also reward the hardcore season ticket holders with subsidized travel to away matches and more benefits at home matches.
COYB.

That's the one thing that concerns me about tonight.

23,000 punters, a lot of whom (me included) will have come straight from work and wouldn't mind a bite to eat. Those who are uninitiated in the ways of FPR will wait twenty minutes for a non-existent pie, and might decide not to bother in future.

It's all well and good getting the people through the doors, but the experience (particularly for those who seldom, if ever, come along) needs to be first class to ensure repeat custom.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 16:14 - Nov 23 with 3211 viewschristiand

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 15:55 - Nov 23 by bluejake78

COYB.

Couldn't agree more Bluejake! It's that unwillingness to speculate to accumulate. Just sooo short-sighted!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 16:17 - Nov 23 with 3200 viewsCurrie10

Crowd of over 22,000 tonight on 16:01 - Nov 23 by uefacup81

That's the one thing that concerns me about tonight.

23,000 punters, a lot of whom (me included) will have come straight from work and wouldn't mind a bite to eat. Those who are uninitiated in the ways of FPR will wait twenty minutes for a non-existent pie, and might decide not to bother in future.

It's all well and good getting the people through the doors, but the experience (particularly for those who seldom, if ever, come along) needs to be first class to ensure repeat custom.

Very pleased to hear of a really good gate tonight.

Don't see it being the end of season cards - club need to lock people in. You save a good %% per individual matchday tickets.

A lack of season tickets is really handicapping us right now.

Bristol City gate can be ignored if you like - people clearly going tonight / red button for that game.

However, Wigan the next Saturday 3pm game - we can compare it to that. Be amazed if anymore than 16,500 for that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024