Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That was a superb goal 20:13 - Nov 23 with 1324 viewsMullet

But not for us.

We'd played so well too. Pennington switched off unfortunately.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

That was a superb goal on 20:17 - Nov 23 with 1282 viewsm14_blue

Not sure I agree with either of those sentences.

A really soft goal, tap in following 2 poor crosses. We’ve not got going at all yet.
That was a superb goal on 20:17 - Nov 23 with 1282 viewspointofblue

I’d agree with you except for “we’d played so well” - defensively shaky, no midfield and impotent in the final third. West Brom look far sharper than us.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

That was a superb goal on 20:19 - Nov 23 with 1238 viewsMullet

That was a superb goal on 20:17 - Nov 23 by m14_blue

Not sure I agree with either of those sentences.

A really soft goal, tap in following 2 poor crosses. We’ve not got going at all yet.

As a piece of football WBA were razor sharp. Exposed every weakness we have. If you're a baggie youd be chuffed with that movement.

I'd say given how limited we are comparatively, we've done everything right tactically. Trying to hurry and unsettle them has been far better than sitting off them.

That was a superb goal on 20:22 - Nov 23 with 1202 viewsm14_blue

That was a superb goal on 20:19 - Nov 23 by Mullet

As a piece of football WBA were razor sharp. Exposed every weakness we have. If you're a baggie youd be chuffed with that movement.

I'd say given how limited we are comparatively, we've done everything right tactically. Trying to hurry and unsettle them has been far better than sitting off them.

Ok, probably can agree with both of those!

It was decent enough play from Albion and I’d certainly be happy if we did it but we must have different definitions of superb.

We’ve done ok but just look so uncomfortable in possession, a common theme for several seasons now.
That was a superb goal on 20:30 - Nov 23 with 1143 viewsMullet

That was a superb goal on 20:22 - Nov 23 by m14_blue

Ok, probably can agree with both of those!

It was decent enough play from Albion and I’d certainly be happy if we did it but we must have different definitions of superb.

We’ve done ok but just look so uncomfortable in possession, a common theme for several seasons now.

I think a few people got a bit complacent this international break as to how good WBA are, and how weak we are thanks to Hurst.

Only Leeds have a similar balance of quality and tactical ability that I've seen this season. WBA look like they should be far higher up the table to me given they've rotated a little too tonight.

To anticipate that, and have it on a plate like Rodriguez did is something we haven't come close to all season.

That was a superb goal on 20:32 - Nov 23 with 1134 viewsMullet

That was a superb goal on 20:17 - Nov 23 by pointofblue

I’d agree with you except for “we’d played so well” - defensively shaky, no midfield and impotent in the final third. West Brom look far sharper than us.

West Brom are essentially a Prem team closer to Newcastle etc you can see how the goal has allowed them to push us back with a little more comfort too.

That was a superb goal on 20:33 - Nov 23 with 1128 viewsm14_blue

That was a superb goal on 20:30 - Nov 23 by Mullet

I think a few people got a bit complacent this international break as to how good WBA are, and how weak we are thanks to Hurst.

Only Leeds have a similar balance of quality and tactical ability that I've seen this season. WBA look like they should be far higher up the table to me given they've rotated a little too tonight.

To anticipate that, and have it on a plate like Rodriguez did is something we haven't come close to all season.

And Dwight Gayle is sitting on the bench...
That was a superb goal on 20:38 - Nov 23 with 1073 viewsnoggin

It was feckin awful defending. I can’t say anything else. This is boys v men

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

That was a superb goal on 20:39 - Nov 23 with 1056 viewshomer_123

Shocking play from Spence and Pennington there.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

That was a superb goal on 20:40 - Nov 23 with 1036 viewsMullet

That was a superb goal on 20:39 - Nov 23 by homer_123

Shocking play from Spence and Pennington there.

Was about the third maybe fourth time Gibbs had snuck up on him and drew us out too. Not like we haven't been warned.

That was a superb goal on 20:42 - Nov 23 with 1023 viewsgt81

Just watching the goal replay on Sky, Spence at fault twice, absolute fairy defending. Allowed the initial cross in by failing to close his man, then allowed WBA player to score by failing to get anywhere near him.

He must play blinders on the training ground as Donacien was looking solid.
That was a superb goal on 20:44 - Nov 23 with 999 viewsMullet

That was a superb goal on 20:42 - Nov 23 by gt81

Just watching the goal replay on Sky, Spence at fault twice, absolute fairy defending. Allowed the initial cross in by failing to close his man, then allowed WBA player to score by failing to get anywhere near him.

He must play blinders on the training ground as Donacien was looking solid.

I think Lambert is going on experience and trying to limit having too many players stepping up at once.

I'm not his biggest fan, especially at CB but Spence is one of those players who is useful in a squad and not much more.

That was a superb goal on 20:47 - Nov 23 with 975 viewsCoastalblue

This easy for West Brom, they've not got out of second gear. Hate to say it but the only way I think we can get anything out of this is to forget football, get in their faces and go agricultural. We're never going to match them football wise.
Add to that and big crowds mean big queues :(

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

That was a superb goal on 20:48 - Nov 23 with 968 viewsChocorange

Havent seen the goal back but looked to me like Spence allowed the first cross , knudsen then got nowhere near stopping the cross from his side and spence got nowhere near stopping the nod back into the box.

Once it was in the middle , we were done
That was a superb goal on 20:52 - Nov 23 with 938 viewspointofblue

That was a superb goal on 20:48 - Nov 23 by Chocorange

Havent seen the goal back but looked to me like Spence allowed the first cross , knudsen then got nowhere near stopping the cross from his side and spence got nowhere near stopping the nod back into the box.

Once it was in the middle , we were done

I’d blame Pennington too - if he’d shown as much commitment as Rodriguez to get to the ball he would have at least put him under pressure.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024