Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We looked like a team that could finish midtable 21:52 - Nov 23 with 4360 viewsDarth_Koont

You can see that as a positive or a negative but the real concern is that we're going to need "promotion-winning" points soon.

Lambert, the players and the fans deserve huge credit for tonight. But a miracle signing or two might be needed to pull ourselves out of this.

Pronouns: He/Him

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:11 - Nov 23 with 3472 viewsdavblue

First half was poor in terms of quality and we played with more intensity but their keeper hasn’t had a save to make. We are relying on mistakes or a bit of luck to score a goal and that isn’t sustainable.

The midfield is too static, Bishop made a difference in terms of a committing players and going past them and will be critical for us going forward.

I thought Chalobah was hiding at times tonight.

3 critical areas for me are a right back, left winger and a striker and that’s just to start with.
We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:13 - Nov 23 with 3456 viewsCoastalblue

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:11 - Nov 23 by davblue

First half was poor in terms of quality and we played with more intensity but their keeper hasn’t had a save to make. We are relying on mistakes or a bit of luck to score a goal and that isn’t sustainable.

The midfield is too static, Bishop made a difference in terms of a committing players and going past them and will be critical for us going forward.

I thought Chalobah was hiding at times tonight.

3 critical areas for me are a right back, left winger and a striker and that’s just to start with.

I think Chalobah was a mixed bag tonight, but I don't think you can fairly accuse him of hiding. I think one of his problems is that he always shows but gets over ambitious at times.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:17 - Nov 23 with 3420 viewsdavblue

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:13 - Nov 23 by Coastalblue

I think Chalobah was a mixed bag tonight, but I don't think you can fairly accuse him of hiding. I think one of his problems is that he always shows but gets over ambitious at times.

I did say “at times” re watch some of it again there were times when he needed to show and he stayed static and didn’t show for the ball.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2018 22:18]
We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:22 - Nov 23 with 3394 viewsCoastalblue

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:17 - Nov 23 by davblue

I did say “at times” re watch some of it again there were times when he needed to show and he stayed static and didn’t show for the ball.

I have rcorded it so will watch the TV coverage tomorrow. Often see a slightly different game on the TV.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:26 - Nov 23 with 3365 viewsTrequartista

midtable in the championship? huge credit for tonight???? unbelievable.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:29 - Nov 23 with 3339 viewstextbackup

Do we? I just don’t see it, what makes you think this, what did you see?
Admire and respect Lambert for giving his all, but the extra bodies will arrive too late IMO

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:31 - Nov 23 with 3310 viewsVic

I don’t see it that way I’m afraid. As I watched them tonight I thought that we looked second best and lacking quality necessary to win more than a few games. They tried their best, but sadly it’s not enough. We were so much poorer than WBA it was sad to see.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:32 - Nov 23 with 3308 viewschristiand

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:17 - Nov 23 by davblue

Yes that last ditch block he made in the first half was some hiding at its best!

A mid table side? I’m not so sure.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2018 22:33]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:35 - Nov 23 with 3279 viewsDarth_Koont

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:26 - Nov 23 by Trequartista

midtable in the championship? huge credit for tonight???? unbelievable.

Yes. Any more questions?

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:37 - Nov 23 with 3263 viewsDarth_Koont

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:31 - Nov 23 by Vic

I don’t see it that way I’m afraid. As I watched them tonight I thought that we looked second best and lacking quality necessary to win more than a few games. They tried their best, but sadly it’s not enough. We were so much poorer than WBA it was sad to see.

That's why I think we're a side that "could finish midtable" even though we now need that and more to stay up. West Brom, as a side that should be going up, looked a step or two above.

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:39 - Nov 23 with 3238 viewschristiand

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:37 - Nov 23 by Darth_Koont

That's why I think we're a side that "could finish midtable" even though we now need that and more to stay up. West Brom, as a side that should be going up, looked a step or two above.

That was a WBA side in second gear, not at their best and they were still too good for us and that’s why we aren’t a mid table side. We need to win the battle of the bottom 4, that’s far more realistic I’m afraid.

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:42 - Nov 23 with 3216 viewsGodzilla

I'm normally glass half full, but we look like a team going down really, but there is hope perhaps a couple of shrewd (German?) singings in Jan.
We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:48 - Nov 23 with 3153 viewsdavblue

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:32 - Nov 23 by christiand

Yes that last ditch block he made in the first half was some hiding at its best!

A mid table side? I’m not so sure.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2018 22:33]

Hiding is showing for the ball not a last ditch tackle. At times he hid a lot and others he didn’t.

I’ve never said we are a mid table team, we are a team that’s going down.
We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:50 - Nov 23 with 3134 viewsdavblue

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:22 - Nov 23 by Coastalblue

I have rcorded it so will watch the TV coverage tomorrow. Often see a slightly different game on the TV.

It was sporadic, not all game but there were quite a few times were he could have showed for the ball and he stayed static and didn’t give an option to make it easier for the player in possession.
We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:51 - Nov 23 with 3131 viewschristiand

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:48 - Nov 23 by davblue

Hiding is showing for the ball not a last ditch tackle. At times he hid a lot and others he didn’t.

I’ve never said we are a mid table team, we are a team that’s going down.

The comment about going down was aimed at other posts not you. Chalobah appears like marmite for many on here, but for someone that goes missing has Edwards turned up yet?
[Post edited 23 Nov 2018 22:52]

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:56 - Nov 23 with 3085 viewsDarth_Koont

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:39 - Nov 23 by christiand

That was a WBA side in second gear, not at their best and they were still too good for us and that’s why we aren’t a mid table side. We need to win the battle of the bottom 4, that’s far more realistic I’m afraid.

Although the Battle of the Bottom 4 is about winning games and taking points from the rest of the league too. I'd like to think we'll be better prepared for the match at the Hawthorns.

But we got what we deserved tonight. We didn't get what we deserved over the couple of games before. So it's pretty clear we'll need Lambert and some luck to turn this season around.

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:59 - Nov 23 with 3065 viewsdavblue

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:51 - Nov 23 by christiand

The comment about going down was aimed at other posts not you. Chalobah appears like marmite for many on here, but for someone that goes missing has Edwards turned up yet?
[Post edited 23 Nov 2018 22:52]

I think there’s a player in Chalobah.

Edwards there’s a player there also imo but he’s not showing enough but the midfield aren’t getting the right balls to him. He also needs to be more consistent and put a bit more quality into his play. He didn’t put a cross in all game from what I recall.
We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 23:01 - Nov 23 with 3047 viewshomer_123

The cold hard facts suggest otherwise.

Whilst better then under Hurst we still are not winning games.

There are 'times' we look like a mid table side. The problem we have, being bereft of confidence, the other times we look like a Sunday Pub outfit.

When you are down the bottom you can't have your full backs and centre backs switching off at this level, bad decisions get punished, see Bish at the corner as another example.

We so badly need a win to get some momentum going, come January we could be dead and buried and no amount of investment from Evans will help.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 23:02 - Nov 23 with 3031 viewschristiand

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 22:56 - Nov 23 by Darth_Koont

Although the Battle of the Bottom 4 is about winning games and taking points from the rest of the league too. I'd like to think we'll be better prepared for the match at the Hawthorns.

But we got what we deserved tonight. We didn't get what we deserved over the couple of games before. So it's pretty clear we'll need Lambert and some luck to turn this season around.

Think you need to be more realistic, to finish 4th from bottom needs to be the aim. Based on tonight that looks a struggle, mid table is a pipe dream!

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 23:06 - Nov 23 with 3002 viewsDarth_Koont

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 23:02 - Nov 23 by christiand

Think you need to be more realistic, to finish 4th from bottom needs to be the aim. Based on tonight that looks a struggle, mid table is a pipe dream!

I think you've misinterpreted my original post. Which is probably my fault.

I don't think we'll finish midtable barring a miracle but we look like a midtable team. Only problem is that we need promotion-level points to get there.

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 23:17 - Nov 23 with 2957 viewsJ2BLUE

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 23:06 - Nov 23 by Darth_Koont

I don't think we'll finish midtable barring a miracle but we look like a midtable team. Only problem is that we need promotion-level points to get there.

I think that's the wrong way to look at it. We need to get to 21st asap and then match the results of the teams below us. Promotion form etc makes it sound a lot harder than it is IMO and it's already going to be tough.

Lambert should be selling it as hunting down the three teams above us IMO. Seems a lot more manageable than all this promotion form, points per game stuff the fans keep talking about.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 23:18 - Nov 23 with 2947 viewschristiand

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 23:06 - Nov 23 by Darth_Koont

Knowing me I probably have Darth, but based on what I witnessed tonight we don’t look a mid-table side unfortunately, although it’s a nice sentiment. Just my opinion, doesn’t mean it’s right!
[Post edited 23 Nov 2018 23:20]

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 23:19 - Nov 23 with 2918 viewsDarth_Koont

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 23:17 - Nov 23 by J2BLUE

I think that's the wrong way to look at it. We need to get to 21st asap and then match the results of the teams below us. Promotion form etc makes it sound a lot harder than it is IMO and it's already going to be tough.

Lambert should be selling it as hunting down the three teams above us IMO. Seems a lot more manageable than all this promotion form, points per game stuff the fans keep talking about.

What way do you think I'm looking at it?

Of course we need to beat the points total of the teams around us. My reference to midtable is only a reference to what we look like at best.

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 23:25 - Nov 23 with 2881 viewsjaykay

3 first half highlights for me were, 7 stewards trying to throw out one w.b.a. fan. a paper plane made from a clapper landing right next to their keeper . chalobah air kick in front of goal.
what is it about our corners the away team either score or go close after weak one

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 00:04 - Nov 24 with 2775 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

We looked like a team that could finish midtable on 23:25 - Nov 23 by jaykay

3 first half highlights for me were, 7 stewards trying to throw out one w.b.a. fan. a paper plane made from a clapper landing right next to their keeper . chalobah air kick in front of goal.
what is it about our corners the away team either score or go close after weak one

I liked it when their keeper decided to kick the ball away and got absolutely pelted with clappers by the North Stand.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024