Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? 07:38 - Nov 24 with 2958 viewsWarkystache

It'd certainly let us rebuild properly. Lambert's got form for building good teams from League 1. It'd give the youngsters a chance, experience. It'd bind the club again, supporters, management and players, the 'Musketeers' spirit.

I was talking to a Southampton fan last night and they thought relegation to League One was the catalyst for them to rebuild and renew their club. Said they'd relied on an old guard for years and things slowly got worse and worse.....

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 07:41 - Nov 24 with 2949 viewstractorboy1978

The concern is that Lambert doesn't stay if we do go down.
Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 07:49 - Nov 24 with 2917 viewsbrogansnose

Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 07:41 - Nov 24 by tractorboy1978

This and this again. I don't care about his win record- seeing what he's got to work with- butkeeping Lambert would be essesntial to this club making something of ourselves.

As a post note, I hate that schmuck Hurst so much.
Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 07:51 - Nov 24 with 2911 viewschristiand

Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 07:41 - Nov 24 by tractorboy1978

Needs to be sold to him as a long term project. ME needs to ask PL what he needs and make sure he delivers on those promises instead of cutting corners which ME does exceedingly well.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 07:54 - Nov 24 with 2899 viewstractorboy1978

Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 07:51 - Nov 24 by christiand

Needs to be sold to him as a long term project. ME needs to ask PL what he needs and make sure he delivers on those promises instead of cutting corners which ME does exceedingly well.

i should imagine Lambert has a relegation release clause in the deal, I heard that Mick did a few years back.

I agree that ME has a responsibility but so do the fans, we need to stay right behind Lambert come rain or shine for the remainder of the season.
Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 08:45 - Nov 24 with 2824 viewsDeano69

A simple NO. Relegation would be an utter disaster. As it stands the players and staff we would be left with would struggle to get out of league one.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 08:50 - Nov 24 with 2812 viewsTractorWood

Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 08:45 - Nov 24 by Deano69

A simple NO. Relegation would be an utter disaster. As it stands the players and staff we would be left with would struggle to get out of league one.

To me our current squad struggles league one. Sheffield United took ages to come back up with an ok squad and a level of investment we wouldn't match.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

on 08:53 - Nov 24 with 2793 views_

Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 09:00 - Nov 24 with 2777 viewsBurwell_Blue

Relegation would be the making of this club. A real chance to clear out deadwood, take a new look at the club from the ground up and build something solid.

Cheaper prices, teams that we *should* walk over, a real feel good atmosphere and of course another year for Hursts misfits to use up on their contracts. Lets hope that we have relegation clauses in there.
Login to get fewer ads

Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 09:01 - Nov 24 with 2771 viewsDeano69

on 08:53 - Nov 24 by _

Precisely. And even worse, we would be left with those that are only average league one capable.

Even less investment (if that’s possible), low attendances, low morale and ‘C grade’ everything else.

Not the fairytale some seem to think it will be.

Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 09:01 - Nov 24 with 2770 viewsMullet

It'd kill us.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

on 09:03 - Nov 24 with 2769 views_

Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 09:00 - Nov 24 by Burwell_Blue

Relegation would be the making of this club. A real chance to clear out deadwood, take a new look at the club from the ground up and build something solid.

Cheaper prices, teams that we *should* walk over, a real feel good atmosphere and of course another year for Hursts misfits to use up on their contracts. Lets hope that we have relegation clauses in there.

on 09:05 - Nov 24 with 2757 views_

Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 09:01 - Nov 24 by Deano69

Precisely. And even worse, we would be left with those that are only average league one capable.

Even less investment (if that’s possible), low attendances, low morale and ‘C grade’ everything else.

Not the fairytale some seem to think it will be.

Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 09:06 - Nov 24 with 2759 viewsDeano69

Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 09:00 - Nov 24 by Burwell_Blue

Build something solid to do what? Compete well in league one and occasionally have a crack in the playoffs?

I love the optimism buddy, but there are 6 better sides in league one than we are (without our loan signings and the players that would go that are first team regulars)

Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 09:29 - Nov 24 with 2693 viewsWhymarkmariner

on 08:53 - Nov 24 by _

When fans say if we get relegated our best players would leave. What best players are we talking about ? As I see it our best players are either injured or youngster trying to make it and they would go for peanuts if we got relegated. It's like saying to your staff "A pay cut would be good for you" It's nonsense to suggest relegation would do us good. Companies that put money into the club would disappear, crowds would fall, what little TV revenue we get would decrease. The only plus would be that we would be left with players that are used to First Division football, if you could call that a plus.
Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 09:56 - Nov 24 with 2643 viewsBlueBadger

As a rule, clubs which have been relegated after a fairly swift demise tend to bounce back(Norwich are the classic example here), those, like us, who've been on a slow decline don't(Charlton, Leeds, Sheffied Wedsm to name but three).

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 10:02 - Nov 24 with 2616 viewsRegencyBlue

You are forgetting our illustrious owners part in all of this!
Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 10:25 - Nov 24 with 2558 viewsstrikalite

I tend to agree, people saying Lambert would be off, where to exactly? Forget the Prem, not a chance, just like Mick he'll be in a long queue for other jobs too, I think he feels a breath of fresh air here, quality youngsters coming through, decent fan base he's already got well on side, an owner who will give him a lot of time, this season is now a free hit to him from where we are....I get the impression he can't wait to build something, even in League One..

If/when we go down the optimism imo can quickly return, nothing like winning a few games, doesn't matter at what level, Lambert know's that, he'll feel confident in his experience of bringing us back up, not saying it's that easy but I do think he'll want that winning feeling himself again, he's been out of the game a while now..
NO NO NO NO NO on 10:29 - Nov 24 with 2546 viewsDyland

Sorry, this thinking is nonsense.

I understand the resignation to relegation, I feel it myself and have to kick myself out of it and remember we're not dead yet.

Relegation would be nothing but an abject disaster for ITFC. Looking for a silver lining is cognitive dissonance working in top gear.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

gmpf (n/t) on 10:29 - Nov 24 with 2543 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 10:34 - Nov 24 with 2530 viewsjonathanton

Carry on Fighting but could relegation actually be the making of us? on 10:25 - Nov 24 by strikalite

I tend to agree, people saying Lambert would be off, where to exactly? Forget the Prem, not a chance, just like Mick he'll be in a long queue for other jobs too, I think he feels a breath of fresh air here, quality youngsters coming through, decent fan base he's already got well on side, an owner who will give him a lot of time, this season is now a free hit to him from where we are....I get the impression he can't wait to build something, even in League One..

If/when we go down the optimism imo can quickly return, nothing like winning a few games, doesn't matter at what level, Lambert know's that, he'll feel confident in his experience of bringing us back up, not saying it's that easy but I do think he'll want that winning feeling himself again, he's been out of the game a while now..

Sorry didn't mean to quote you strikalite!!

Why were Norwich receiving parachute payments? It would be a disaster. No question. But at some point we would renew, something would happen because football never stays still. Some manager we've never heard of, a crop of players that gel. But the pain in the meantime would be horrible. We must stay up and build from the champ, and if we scraped together enough points from the teams around us, and not those at the top, we will.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2018 10:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024