Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm getting quite a few suspect phone calls when you answer and no one is there 14:50 - Nov 24 with 1187 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone else?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I'm getting quite a few suspect phone calls when you answer and no one is there on 14:54 - Nov 24 with 1173 viewsPJH

Maybe that is what happens if you try to conduct a seance by telephone.
I'm getting quite a few suspect phone calls when you answer and no one is there on 14:54 - Nov 24 with 1174 viewsKeno

yes

its a newish thing with spammers (not West Ham fans but other annoying low life) where the dial is computerised and they are looking to see if the number gets picked up and is this 'live'

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I'm getting quite a few suspect phone calls when you answer and no one is there on 14:59 - Nov 24 with 1151 viewsWD19

Its not a new thing, it is where the telemarketer is using an automatic dialler. If too many people answer then they do not have enough call centre people to connect. Silent calls like these breach all kinds of regulations, so presumably coming from abroad. Nothing to worry about.
I'm getting quite a few suspect phone calls when you answer and no one is there on 14:59 - Nov 24 with 1151 viewsGeoffSentence

Companies use automatic dialers to burn through calling lists. When they get a live contact then the call should be transferred to an agent. Ofcom regulations are that this should happen within two seconds or the call should be dropped.

Typically companies use predictive dialing to make as many calls as possible, but this means that sometimes there aren't any free agents to take the call and you get that two seconds of silence then the call drops.

Usually they company will try again later, often with the same result and they will keep doing it for a defined number of times,

You probably have one organisation doing the same thing over and over.

I faciliate this for a living.

I am a bad man.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I'm getting quite a few suspect phone calls when you answer and no one is there on 15:03 - Nov 24 with 1125 viewsWD19

I'm getting quite a few suspect phone calls when you answer and no one is there on 14:59 - Nov 24 by GeoffSentence

Companies use automatic dialers to burn through calling lists. When they get a live contact then the call should be transferred to an agent. Ofcom regulations are that this should happen within two seconds or the call should be dropped.

Typically companies use predictive dialing to make as many calls as possible, but this means that sometimes there aren't any free agents to take the call and you get that two seconds of silence then the call drops.

Usually they company will try again later, often with the same result and they will keep doing it for a defined number of times,

I am a bad man.

If you work for Invade will you do me mates rates if I promise to be nice about ALB in future?
I'm getting quite a few suspect phone calls when you answer and no one is there on 15:06 - Nov 24 with 1110 viewsGeoffSentence

I'm getting quite a few suspect phone calls when you answer and no one is there on 15:03 - Nov 24 by WD19

If you work for Invade will you do me mates rates if I promise to be nice about ALB in future?

I would if I did, but I don't. You should be nice about ALB without fear or favour since he deserves it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I'm getting quite a few suspect phone calls when you answer and no one is there on 15:08 - Nov 24 with 1104 viewsSouthBucksBlue

I'm getting quite a few suspect phone calls when you answer and no one is there on 14:59 - Nov 24 by GeoffSentence

I am a bad man.

What about displaying a false originating number ID. Isn't this a new development?
I'm getting quite a few suspect phone calls when you answer and no one is there on 15:35 - Nov 24 with 1062 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'm getting quite a few suspect phone calls when you answer and no one is there on 15:08 - Nov 24 by SouthBucksBlue

What about displaying a false originating number ID. Isn't this a new development?

It's been going for a while. If a company is marketing Manchester then they will use an 0161 number. When gtthe list has been rinsed they will then use another 0161 number.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

on 15:38 - Nov 24 with 1050 views_

I'm getting quite a few suspect phone calls when you answer and no one is there on 15:35 - Nov 24 by GlasgowBlue

It's been going for a while. If a company is marketing Manchester then they will use an 0161 number. When gtthe list has been rinsed they will then use another 0161 number.

I'm getting quite a few suspect phone calls when you answer and no one is there on 16:01 - Nov 24 with 996 viewsconnorscontract

I'm getting quite a few suspect phone calls when you answer and no one is there on 15:06 - Nov 24 by GeoffSentence

I would if I did, but I don't. You should be nice about ALB without fear or favour since he deserves it.

A decent shot-stopper with one technical flaw: that he palmed the ball back into the danger area too much. We have had worse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024