Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Copa Libertadores 17:44 - Nov 25 with 1223 viewsAce_High1

Postponed for a second time.

That in itself maybe understandable but they had already opened the stadium and let River fans in again - poor organisation by the federation.

Shame I was looking forward to watching that as the first leg was a good game and great atmosphere. Would be a great game to attend one day - anyone ever been?
Copa Libertadores on 19:23 - Nov 25 with 1163 viewsfloridablue

Dam, had know idea till I read this. Like you I was so looking forward to watching and atmosphere at their games is unreal and no away fans allowed.Guess I'll just have to stick with the Buccaneers game!
Copa Libertadores on 19:29 - Nov 25 with 1155 viewsbluelagos

Did the tour (of the Bombonera) but was the close season so no matches on sadly. The away dressing room sits under the main terrace so on Derby day, the Boca fans get there 2 hours earlier and bounce on the steps.

Apparently this makes for a terrifying noise / tremble in the changing rooms. Whole stadium/museum/tour is pretty impressive and was gutted I missed out on a match. One day...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Copa Libertadores on 19:43 - Nov 25 with 1131 viewsCurrie10

Saw the first game and was incredibly disappointed with the standard on offer.

Would have been a superb game early 2000s - like when River had Ortega / Saviola / Aimar + D'Alessandro all together at the same time - or when Boca had the likes of Palermo + Riquelme.

Some superb players have represented both clubs - both look a little below yesteryear.

Atmosphere though would be incredible - there was a video on facebook of a packed La Bombonera just for a Boca training session! Incredible.
Copa Libertadores on 22:33 - Nov 25 with 1038 viewsbrazil1982

I went to Boca v Colo Colo in 2003. The stadium literally shakes, incredible atmosphere.
Copa Libertadores on 22:47 - Nov 25 with 1030 viewsRyorry

Heard Tim Vickery discussing this last night on R5l Up All Night with Dotun Adebayo. Apparently some in the River Plate firm may well have engineered the first incident & postponement because police had raided their black market ticket racket, which regularly pays them a pretty handsome living.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024