Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Town escape the drop? 11:25 - Nov 26 with 5184 viewsPhilTWTD

Will Town escape the drop?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Will Town escape the drop? on 11:27 - Nov 26 with 4418 viewsMetal_Hacker

Is this a trick question Phil ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Will Town escape the drop? on 12:03 - Nov 26 with 4346 viewsBluebell

Can I ask what you think Phil?
Will Town escape the drop? on 12:12 - Nov 26 with 4309 viewsGlasgowBlue

Unlikely but not impossible. January will show whether ME is prepared to see us drop or fight to survive.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Will Town escape the drop? on 12:20 - Nov 26 with 4271 viewsSwansea_Blue

I reckon it's as likely as us being managed again by the late, great SBR.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Will Town escape the drop? on 12:20 - Nov 26 with 4287 viewsPhilTWTD

Will Town escape the drop? on 12:03 - Nov 26 by Bluebell

Can I ask what you think Phil?

Not 100 per cent confident by any means but on the evidence since the change of manager I think so. Need to get one or two wins on the board sharpish if we're not to put ourselves in a position where we need snookers though.
Will Town escape the drop? on 12:24 - Nov 26 with 4236 viewsGlasgowBlue

Will Town escape the drop? on 12:20 - Nov 26 by PhilTWTD

Not 100 per cent confident by any means but on the evidence since the change of manager I think so. Need to get one or two wins on the board sharpish if we're not to put ourselves in a position where we need snookers though.

As I said on Friday, so long as we are within touching distance of the other relegation candidates then there is every chance we can survive.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Will Town escape the drop? on 12:27 - Nov 26 with 4222 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Will Town escape the drop? on 12:20 - Nov 26 by PhilTWTD

I think you maybe spot on there.
Thursday morning could well be a pivotal point in our stay in this division.

Do you know why the game is on Wednesday?
Will Town escape the drop? on 12:37 - Nov 26 with 4192 viewsGuthrum

Will Town escape the drop? on 12:27 - Nov 26 by BtreeBlueBlood

I think we need to be a little bit careful talking about "pivotal points" and "must win games" at this stage. Additional pressure is not necessarily helpful, especially as the team is having to struggle for effectiveness and consistency.

For now, it is more important to allow time for the Lambert project to develop and grow, not worrying too much about more than staying in touch with safety until we can get reinforcements in January. That way, any reduction of the deficit is a bonus to be enjoyed, not a damaging obsession.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Will Town escape the drop? on 12:37 - Nov 26 with 4186 viewsRyorry

Too binary to answer, where's the "impossible to say yet" option?! It's all still pretty open imho, early days yet for Lambert esp re getting team playing as a cohesive unit, & maybe a couple of newbies to come in Jan.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Will Town escape the drop? on 12:41 - Nov 26 with 4177 viewsPhilTWTD

Will Town escape the drop? on 12:27 - Nov 26 by BtreeBlueBlood

Terry Butcher said it's the most important game of the season on the radio show at the weekend and who am I to argue with Terry? I think midweek games tend to be spread evenly across Tuesday and Wednesday now for the TV coverage.
Will Town escape the drop? on 13:22 - Nov 26 with 4045 viewsHarry_Palmer

Will Town escape the drop? on 12:37 - Nov 26 by Guthrum

I think we need to be a little bit careful talking about "pivotal points" and "must win games" at this stage. Additional pressure is not necessarily helpful, especially as the team is having to struggle for effectiveness and consistency.

For now, it is more important to allow time for the Lambert project to develop and grow, not worrying too much about more than staying in touch with safety until we can get reinforcements in January. That way, any reduction of the deficit is a bonus to be enjoyed, not a damaging obsession.

Disagree, I think Wednesday night is vital not just for the obvious need for three points but for confidence, momentum going forward, everything.

Should we lose again we could find ourselves nine points from safety with a tough game at Forest to come and the new wave of confidence within the squad will start to ebb away.

We have blown two good recent opportunities to get a win ( Preston & Reading ) and in my opinion we simply have to find a way to beat Bristol City.
Will Town escape the drop? on 13:23 - Nov 26 with 4034 viewsjjblue84

Relegation is just a backstop, it’ll never actually happen...
Will Town escape the drop? on 13:39 - Nov 26 with 3976 viewsSonOfSpock

Surely the humble intellects of the forum are not up to a binary question of this magnitude?

Do we want a hard or soft relegation?
Will Town escape the drop? on 13:47 - Nov 26 with 3939 viewsWhymarkmariner

Will Town escape the drop? on 11:27 - Nov 26 by Metal_Hacker

Is this a trick question Phil ?

I have said " Yes" we will escape the drop. But as with the poll it's very close. Some would say we have to rely on other teams, which is true, but it's also important that we start to get wins because it's no good others losing if we do the same. Neither December or January look easy and whilst many point to the next two games as vital, they will all be vital. As for any purchases we make in January, providing we are not so far adrift that they would be pointless, whoever they are will as they say have to "Hit the ground running" because it's no good bringing in a striker and him taking half a dozen games before he scores. I vaguely remember Sir Bobby bringing in Frank Clarke and Jimmy Robertson, Frank being the brother of Sniffer of Leeds fame and Robertson being a fantastic winger of Tottenham fame. Both made an instant impact. Let's hope that PL will bring in two or three that can make a real difference.
Will Town escape the drop? on 13:53 - Nov 26 with 3913 viewsGuthrum

Will Town escape the drop? on 13:22 - Nov 26 by Harry_Palmer

Disagree, I think Wednesday night is vital not just for the obvious need for three points but for confidence, momentum going forward, everything.

Should we lose again we could find ourselves nine points from safety with a tough game at Forest to come and the new wave of confidence within the squad will start to ebb away.

We have blown two good recent opportunities to get a win ( Preston & Reading ) and in my opinion we simply have to find a way to beat Bristol City.

No. That reduces our entire season to one single shot with a still unbalanced squad only just regaining some confidence.

For us to be nine points adrift, Bolton (two draws, no wins in two months) would have to beat Sheffield Weds away, as well as Millwall beating Brum, Reading winning away at Leeds and Rotherham defeating QPR. That's if we actually lose.

Bristol is a decent chance of three points for now, but there's no need to throw ourselves under a bus if the win doesn't come - as long as it's a good performance and we don't lose. Even if it's only a draw, we can try again with Wigan a couple of weeks later.

It probably only requires one win between now and January to stay in touch with the teams above us, as long as we keep picking up an average of one point per game. In the time since Lambert took over, Bolton, Wigan, Brum and Sheff Weds have been going at considerably less than that, Hull only a point more.

Will Town escape the drop? on 13:57 - Nov 26 with 3892 viewschicoazul

Will Town escape the drop? on 12:12 - Nov 26 by GlasgowBlue

Unlikely but not impossible. January will show whether ME is prepared to see us drop or fight to survive.

There is a good chance we will be so adrift come Jan that nobody good will want to come here regardless. Our run in to Jan is very tough.
But I said I would stop being negative.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Will Town escape the drop? on 14:05 - Nov 26 with 3873 viewsHarry_Palmer

Will Town escape the drop? on 13:53 - Nov 26 by Guthrum

No. That reduces our entire season to one single shot with a still unbalanced squad only just regaining some confidence.

For us to be nine points adrift, Bolton (two draws, no wins in two months) would have to beat Sheffield Weds away, as well as Millwall beating Brum, Reading winning away at Leeds and Rotherham defeating QPR. That's if we actually lose.

Bristol is a decent chance of three points for now, but there's no need to throw ourselves under a bus if the win doesn't come - as long as it's a good performance and we don't lose. Even if it's only a draw, we can try again with Wigan a couple of weeks later.

It probably only requires one win between now and January to stay in touch with the teams above us, as long as we keep picking up an average of one point per game. In the time since Lambert took over, Bolton, Wigan, Brum and Sheff Weds have been going at considerably less than that, Hull only a point more.

Point taken, however I do still think Bristol is a great opportunity to get things moving.

I guess we are all just so desperate for that first win under Lambert and first home win to really build on the feel good factor.
Will Town escape the drop? on 14:15 - Nov 26 with 3838 viewsGuthrum

Will Town escape the drop? on 14:05 - Nov 26 by Harry_Palmer

Point taken, however I do still think Bristol is a great opportunity to get things moving.

I guess we are all just so desperate for that first win under Lambert and first home win to really build on the feel good factor.

Oh, absolutely. Winning would do more for morale and momentum than any amount of good PR or fighting draws.

Plus we're currently down on the one-point-per-game average, so need a couple extra in the bank at some point.

Will Town escape the drop? on 14:23 - Nov 26 with 3801 viewsGuthrum

Will Town escape the drop? on 13:39 - Nov 26 by SonOfSpock

Surely the humble intellects of the forum are not up to a binary question of this magnitude?

Do we want a hard or soft relegation?

No problem, we can easily just go off and make deals to join other leagues instead.

Will Town escape the drop? on 14:23 - Nov 26 with 3798 viewsBluebell

I think Town will escape the drop but I am not sure whether it is my brain or heart telling me that.
Will Town escape the drop? on 14:23 - Nov 26 with 3795 viewsHerbivore

I voted no as I think the task is just too much. We look so short of quality in the final third and we continue to leak goals. I think PL is a good manager but I'm not seeing us getting out of this.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Will Town escape the drop? on 15:38 - Nov 26 with 3682 viewsRegencyBlue

Will Town escape the drop? on 14:23 - Nov 26 by Herbivore

I voted no as I think the task is just too much. We look so short of quality in the final third and we continue to leak goals. I think PL is a good manager but I'm not seeing us getting out of this.

Unfortunately I agree with you!

There are no goals in this side and Lambert cannot work miracles with what he has been left with.
Will Town escape the drop? on 16:33 - Nov 26 with 3592 viewsgordon

Will Town escape the drop? on 12:37 - Nov 26 by Ryorry

Too binary to answer, where's the "impossible to say yet" option?! It's all still pretty open imho, early days yet for Lambert esp re getting team playing as a cohesive unit, & maybe a couple of newbies to come in Jan.

To be fair, the range of outcomes is quite binary at this stage.
Will Town escape the drop? on 16:37 - Nov 26 with 3579 viewsHerbivore

Will Town escape the drop? on 16:33 - Nov 26 by gordon

To be fair, the range of outcomes is quite binary at this stage.

Not if we self-identify as relegation fluid.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Will Town escape the drop? on 16:43 - Nov 26 with 3561 viewsWickets

I know its been said before but if we are still in touch and we just about are at the moment and if our owner backs PL in January ?? we might have half a shout. The worry will be PL will need to bring in 2 or 3 players that are able to hit the ground running and that wont be cheap or easy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024