Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... 12:29 - Nov 26 with 1117 viewsDarth_Koont

(Sorry for starting another thread)

I think we all want it to end but if you think it's boring now then you should be hoping for a rejection of May's deal in parliament and a reversal of the decision to leave. If we go with May's deal or a no deal then we'll be tied up with trade negotiations and Leave/Remain recriminations dominating the news for the next 5-10 years maybe more. Meanwhile, real issues in our country will be overlooked or underprioritised and underfunded.

Arguably, we haven't even got to the difficult stuff of Brexit yet. Just saying.

Pronouns: He/Him

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 12:34 - Nov 26 with 1095 viewsSwansea_Blue

Years and years. It's highly likely (imo) they'll trigger and extension to the transition period, so that'll take us through to 31st December 2022 just to be able to sort out things like N Ireland problem, fishing rights, our new close relationship with the EU (whatever that's going to be). I wouldn't at all be surprised if there will be elements of new trade deals that go on long beyond then (using other countries as a guide).

I'm not bored with Brexit (job depends on the outcome, which tends to focus the mind), but I am fed up with the circus around it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 12:35 - Nov 26 with 1089 viewsSteve_M

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 12:42 - Nov 26 with 1066 viewsDarth_Koont

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 12:34 - Nov 26 by Swansea_Blue

Years and years. It's highly likely (imo) they'll trigger and extension to the transition period, so that'll take us through to 31st December 2022 just to be able to sort out things like N Ireland problem, fishing rights, our new close relationship with the EU (whatever that's going to be). I wouldn't at all be surprised if there will be elements of new trade deals that go on long beyond then (using other countries as a guide).

I'm not bored with Brexit (job depends on the outcome, which tends to focus the mind), but I am fed up with the circus around it.

There is a grim fascination with the circus — and I'm still hoping the ineptness Brexit has revealed can lead to some change in our political parties, the political debate and the media that have fed off this nonsense for years.

But I must admit I'm getting less hopeful the longer the charade continues ... our politicians seem perfectly insulated from reality in their little bubble.

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 12:46 - Nov 26 with 1054 viewsHerbivore

We just need to Bremain and end this whole nightmare. Even May had enough about her to gesture towards the fact the country is going down the toilet whilst the government is distracted with this ridiculous vanity project for what feels like an eternity. The only sensible course of action at this point is to remain and deal with the fall out, it will be far less of a disaster than the other options on the table.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 12:52 - Nov 26 with 1037 viewsWeekender

Interestingly one of May's current strategies for selling the deal to the public is that it will get it over with which is course is entirely misleading.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 12:52 - Nov 26 with 1032 viewswkj

Yeah, but as long as that fruit is picked by British hands its worth it

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 12:52 - Nov 26 with 1032 viewsgiant_stow

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 12:46 - Nov 26 by Herbivore

We just need to Bremain and end this whole nightmare. Even May had enough about her to gesture towards the fact the country is going down the toilet whilst the government is distracted with this ridiculous vanity project for what feels like an eternity. The only sensible course of action at this point is to remain and deal with the fall out, it will be far less of a disaster than the other options on the table.

definitely. remaining would piss a lot of people off, but is the least bad option by quite a distance..

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 12:54 - Nov 26 with 1027 viewsDanTheMan

I kind of find it funny that the current strategy is that we should just accept a deal because the public are bored of hearing about it.

Now I'm not an expert (although who needs them anyway?) but I don't think we should rate how fast we should do a deal or how good it is based on how bored people are at hearing about it.

It's not like it's supposed to be entertainment.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2018 12:54]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 12:59 - Nov 26 with 1006 viewsDarth_Koont

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 12:54 - Nov 26 by DanTheMan

I kind of find it funny that the current strategy is that we should just accept a deal because the public are bored of hearing about it.

Now I'm not an expert (although who needs them anyway?) but I don't think we should rate how fast we should do a deal or how good it is based on how bored people are at hearing about it.

And as Weekender says that's totally misleading as accepting a deal (May's or a WTO no deal) will mean we NEVER stop hearing about Brexit.

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 13:01 - Nov 26 with 987 viewswkj

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 12:54 - Nov 26 by DanTheMan

You are indeed correct, but this is how things work now, reality tv politics. It aint about delivering a good manifesto any more, you win votes by slagging someone else off.

Mrs May has no interest in cross party initiatives unless the other party is propping her up in Parliament, and even then the interest is minimal.

Brexit was a campaign dreamed up on lies and paranoia, both camps did it, neither camps represented a true account on what to expect, and as expected Britain has its pants down in full view of Tusk and Pals, and is getting us ready for a good penetrating. I would have rather slept with the enemy as a labour of love than get bugered rotten.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 13:03 - Nov 26 with 969 viewsHerbivore

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 12:52 - Nov 26 by giant_stow

definitely. remaining would piss a lot of people off, but is the least bad option by quite a distance..

Indeed, pissing some people off versus driving the country off a cliff looks a bit of a no brainer to me.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 13:06 - Nov 26 with 963 viewsDarth_Koont

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 13:03 - Nov 26 by Herbivore

Indeed, pissing some people off versus driving the country off a cliff looks a bit of a no brainer to me.

We are talking UK politicians though ... for them looking after their careers and their parties is the real no-brainer.

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 13:18 - Nov 26 with 933 viewsWeekender

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 12:59 - Nov 26 by Darth_Koont

And as Weekender says that's totally misleading as accepting a deal (May's or a WTO no deal) will mean we NEVER stop hearing about Brexit.

As you mention WTO terms that bring up another of the many myths. WTO isn't a fallback that we can just use if required. Countries don't just trade on a set of WTO rules, there are still many trade agreements/tariffs agreed on a case by case basis. If Brexiters complain about the difficulties of 27 other EU countries, they are in for a nasty shock when dealing with the 160+ WTO members.

Also the 'we can just go to WTO rules' argument doesn't account for all the non trade matters that would cause havoc in a no deal scenario. E.g aviation, data, security...

IMO for the above reasons no deal wont happen.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 13:19 - Nov 26 with 928 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Brexit..... the biggest impact that ISIS had in the UK unfortunately.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

For those of you who just want Brexit to be over with ... on 13:25 - Nov 26 with 909 viewsFtnfwest

yeah it'll all go quiet if we stay in.......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024