Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't mean to derail the Blue Action song thread - good song by the way. But ca 10:34 - Nov 27 with 1700 viewsLord_Lucan

n anyone explain why Ebeneezer has never taken off in the latter age? It wasn't even sung when I was a teenager and wondered what people thoughts were.

It's a pre packed ready to go supersong but always ignored.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Don't mean to derail the Blue Action song thread - good song by the way. But ca on 10:36 - Nov 27 with 1687 viewsReuser_is_God

Generally hear it sung in the pub on an away day but that’s about it.

In answer to your question, I don’t know either. It can’t be that people don’t know the words can it?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Don't mean to derail the Blue Action song thread - good song by the way. But ca on 10:43 - Nov 27 with 1670 viewsosborne

Embarrassment limitation strategy?
Don't mean to derail the Blue Action song thread - good song by the way. But ca on 10:51 - Nov 27 with 1648 viewsBurwell_Blue

Its proper cringe.
Don't mean to derail the Blue Action song thread - good song by the way. But ca on 10:54 - Nov 27 with 1642 viewsartsbossbeard

Don't mean to derail the Blue Action song thread - good song by the way. But ca on 10:43 - Nov 27 by osborne

Embarrassment limitation strategy?

Whilst "we forgot that you were here" & "who are ya?" aren't toe curling guff or sung by all other clubs throughout the country?

THE one song that ITFC has that is original and ours yet hardly ever sung.

I think it's the "up or down, follow the town" line that some fans struggle with.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Don't mean to derail the Blue Action song thread - good song by the way. But ca on 10:59 - Nov 27 with 1617 viewsbluefunk

In general “songs” aren’t a part of the repertoire anymore, let alone one as complex as Ebeneezer. If there is an attempt at a song it gets speeded up to the point where it’s “unsingable” (as in “when the town go marching in”)

I blame the education system
Don't mean to derail the Blue Action song thread - good song by the way. But ca on 11:01 - Nov 27 with 1600 viewsWithnail

It's a dated song that was written for 'simpleton farm hands', as someone likes to put it.

It's embarrassing.
Don't mean to derail the Blue Action song thread - good song by the way. But ca on 11:06 - Nov 27 with 1576 viewsKeno

I like Ebeneezer and think its a shame it isn't used more

Id be hoary to have it sung at my funeral

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Don't mean to derail the Blue Action song thread - good song by the way. But ca on 11:11 - Nov 27 with 1551 viewsLord_Lucan

Don't mean to derail the Blue Action song thread - good song by the way. But ca on 11:01 - Nov 27 by Withnail

It's a dated song that was written for 'simpleton farm hands', as someone likes to put it.

It's embarrassing.

Unlike the Tractor Boys songs eh?

It's a classic toon, shame some can't see it.

I also blame the education system.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

Don't mean to derail the Blue Action song thread - good song by the way. But ca on 11:15 - Nov 27 with 1537 viewsITFC_Forever

I think it's simply because by the time the song gets going and people realise it's being sung, it's almost at the end.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Don't mean to derail the Blue Action song thread - good song by the way. But ca on 11:16 - Nov 27 with 1528 viewsBlue_Order

We’ve been giving it a once through every game since we formed, but it’s over before it has the chance to catch on (if it even would, I dunno?)
Don't mean to derail the Blue Action song thread - good song by the way. But ca on 11:20 - Nov 27 with 1516 viewsSlambo

We at Blue Action 100% agree mate! Yes it's a bit daft, but it's ours, and we give it a few renditions every time. Be encouraged - most of the younger element know the words and sing along...

One thing we've discussed is stopping it at 'everyone calls me Ted', otherwise it goes too long. Stopping it with a simple 'clap clap clap-clap-clap clap-clap-clap - IPSWICH!', something like that...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Don't mean to derail the Blue Action song thread - good song by the way. But ca on 11:20 - Nov 27 with 1510 viewsartsbossbeard

Don't mean to derail the Blue Action song thread - good song by the way. But ca on 11:11 - Nov 27 by Lord_Lucan

Unlike the Tractor Boys songs eh?

It's a classic toon, shame some can't see it.

I also blame the education system.

I think it works better in a pub environment rather than on the terraces but would love to hear it sung out - much like the Sheff Utd song that goes with the match KO or Coventry Talbot's "On the ball, City".

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Don't mean to derail the Blue Action song thread - good song by the way. But ca on 11:24 - Nov 27 with 1496 viewsLord_Lucan

Don't mean to derail the Blue Action song thread - good song by the way. But ca on 11:20 - Nov 27 by Slambo

We at Blue Action 100% agree mate! Yes it's a bit daft, but it's ours, and we give it a few renditions every time. Be encouraged - most of the younger element know the words and sing along...

One thing we've discussed is stopping it at 'everyone calls me Ted', otherwise it goes too long. Stopping it with a simple 'clap clap clap-clap-clap clap-clap-clap - IPSWICH!', something like that...

Stopping at Ted makes sense, maybe after "Ted" go straight into another designated song - and keep that song as a regular post Ted bit. Hey Jude? The only time in recent years I've had goosebumps at PR was when Hey Jude was sung v Norwich.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024