Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? 16:49 - Nov 27 with 9246 viewsAlexGreen

I was a Watford fan between 10-12 yrs old, solely because my friend at school was. Then we fell out and I needed to find myself a new club, and decided Ipswich was for me.

Best decision I ever made!

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 16:51 - Nov 27 with 5009 viewsKieran_Knows

Was brought up an Arsenal fan until the age of around 10 as that's who my Dad supports. Then my Auntie said enough was enough and started taking me to Town games and I haven't looked back since.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 16:51]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 16:53 - Nov 27 with 5000 viewsGeoffSentence

One of the big boys at school made me support Leeds when I was about 6 or 7, by making me cross my heart and hope to die that I supported them.

I genuinely thought I would die if I didn't.

Eventually I cottoned on to the fact that I wouldn't die just by dint of not supporting Leeds so joined my dad at FPR and got to see the likes of Burley, Mills, Mariner and the two dutchmen in glorious live action.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 17:01 - Nov 27 with 4967 viewsVic

Liverpool until I was 10 then I saw the light and started to support a better team.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 17:05 - Nov 27 with 4958 viewsSporall

Southampton. My local team, and my parents team.
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 17:20 - Nov 27 with 4921 viewsJimmyJazz

Stoke, first football match Ipswich v Stoke 1973

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 17:24 - Nov 27 with 4914 viewsTractorgirlforever

Ipswich fan forever..i was only 10 and collected football cards..i fell in love with the mick lambert card!..tractorgirl still 40 years later!
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 17:27 - Nov 27 with 4899 viewsSpruceMoose

No. Never. IP2 through and through.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 17:27 - Nov 27 with 4904 viewsDarth_Koont

Hibernian.

Still do — but needed a team in England when I moved down aged 10. There were no league teams anywhere near in Somerset so was always going to be a long-distance relationship. This was 1980 or so and friends were choosing Liverpool and Forest. Ipswich felt less of a glory-hunter choice and closer to Hibs.

Over the years, I began to care much more about Ipswich results and Hibs became more like an old friend I still like seeing from time to time.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 17:29 - Nov 27 with 4885 viewsNo9

As a kid I became a Wolves supporter litening to their European matches on the radio - Moscow Dynamo, Honved et al.
Johnny Hancock became the nations fave
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 17:30 - Nov 27 with 4889 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Liverpool. First ever game I saw on the TV was, I believe, a Euro 2004 game that England were playing in. My first memory was a player close-up and asking my Dad "Who's that?", followed by "What team does he play for?" between which my Dad said "Steven Gerrard" and it was from that point on I started to get into and play football, with Liverpool my chosen team until I started regularly attending ITFC games and getting myself a season ticket.

I still follow Liverpool and like to see them do well, even attended Liverpool v Boro in the League Cup in 2014, but ITFC have my heart now - a big part of me wanted Stevie G getting the manager's gig in the summer for the pure romance of my football journey coming full circle... sigh.
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 17:32 - Nov 27 with 4880 viewsBinner

As a child in the early sixties - Barrow, my local team.

Then we moved and I was able to get to PR without my dad taking me.1

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 17:52 - Nov 27 with 4839 viewsFtnfwest

Nope, all my family is or was spurs so I bucked the trend! Still hope they don’t win the league as we’ve won it more recently
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 17:58 - Nov 27 with 4824 viewsRadlett_blue

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 17:01 - Nov 27 by Vic

Liverpool until I was 10 then I saw the light and started to support a better team.

Man Utd when I was 10, I knew nothing about football & my best friend supported them.
Adopted Town after going to a live Town v Man U game a few years later.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 18:08 - Nov 27 with 4804 viewsJ2BLUE

Nearly Man U to my eternal shame.

Had family in Manchester who battled for my football soul. Sent t shirts, shirts, scarves etc etc. Booked us on a stadium tour of Old Trafford. Gave my dad their STs for a game so he could take me to a match (United 3-0 Leeds).

My first Town game was when I was four year old. It was too deeply ingrained to be truly challenged.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 18:11 - Nov 27 with 4808 viewsReuser_is_God

No, becuase I’m not a helmet.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 18:44 - Nov 27 with 4757 viewsVic

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 17:27 - Nov 27 by Darth_Koont

Hibernian.

Still do — but needed a team in England when I moved down aged 10. There were no league teams anywhere near in Somerset so was always going to be a long-distance relationship. This was 1980 or so and friends were choosing Liverpool and Forest. Ipswich felt less of a glory-hunter choice and closer to Hibs.

Over the years, I began to care much more about Ipswich results and Hibs became more like an old friend I still like seeing from time to time.

I hadn’t got you down as a Jock, DK.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 18:47 - Nov 27 with 4749 viewsBurwell_Blue

No. How does that even happen?
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 18:48 - Nov 27 with 4743 viewsBlueBadger

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 18:11 - Nov 27 by Reuser_is_God

Or at least, not THAT kind of helmet

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:04 - Nov 27 with 4717 viewsfloridablue

Chelsea, as a very young lad in the mid 60s. My mother even arranged for a family friend to take me to my first game away from Portman Rd which was West Ham v Chelsea. Still vividly picture Peter Osgood scoring the only goal of the game. That love affair lasted about 5 years until Town won over my heart and 50 years later no longer an interest in CFC.
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:16 - Nov 27 with 4697 viewsPecker

No.
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:23 - Nov 27 with 4682 viewsKieran_Knows

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 18:11 - Nov 27 by Reuser_is_God

Debatable.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:29 - Nov 27 with 4669 viewsDarth_Koont

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 18:44 - Nov 27 by Vic

I hadn’t got you down as a Jock, DK.

Yeah, we're sneaky like that.

Behind the anonymity of an online forum, I'm dressed head to toe in tartan, munching shortbread and swigging Buckie.

Pronouns: He/Him

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:36 - Nov 27 with 4643 viewsKeno

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:29 - Nov 27 by Darth_Koont

Yeah, we're sneaky like that.

Behind the anonymity of an online forum, I'm dressed head to toe in tartan, munching shortbread and swigging Buckie.

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:44 - Nov 27 with 4621 viewswkj

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:36 - Nov 27 by Keno

Proof that Scotland has some of the most gorgeous women in the world.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:46 - Nov 27 with 4611 viewsSpruceMoose

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:44 - Nov 27 by wkj

Proof that Scotland has some of the most gorgeous women in the world.

Mine is the one with the big parapets on the left. You can have the one made of meat on the right.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024