Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
vegheads - recipe me up 09:43 - Nov 28 with 1852 viewsGeoffSentence

I would like to add a few vegie recipes to my repertoire. There are only two requirements, they should be delicious enough to want to do regularly and simple enough to rustle up easily after work.

Do your best.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

vegheads - recipe me up on 09:54 - Nov 28 with 1840 viewsStokieBlue

Fry tender-stem broccoli, asparagus, garlic and chilli together. Whack a ball of burrata in the middle of a plate and then place the veg around it. Yum.

Calcots and/or broccoli and asparagus on romesco sauce is also great - can premake the romesco sauce.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

vegheads - recipe me up on 10:14 - Nov 28 with 1820 viewsArgyle_blue

OK so 3 super easy ones.

stir fry - buy a pack from supermarket and some straight to wok noodles - stir veggies in oil for a minute or two - add noodles for another minute or two then add good glue of soy sauce, splash of white vinegar, little bit of ginger / garlic (you can buy as a paste) and a tsp of cornflour. Chuck it in. Mix. Done. You can also buy some ready rolled veggie spring rolls to go with it from most chinese super markets.

Red / green / mussaman/ yellow veg curry - but mae ploy or other paste - mix paste with oil - fry for a bit - add cream from coconut milk - mix and fry for a minute or two - add rest of coconut milk and about 1 ltr of veg stock - when boiling add veggies - potatoes etc first then things like mange tout last. At the end add some palm sugar and soya sauce to give it a bit extra. Lemongrass and thai basil also helps especially for green curry.

Paneer butter masala - here it is - enough said - its amazing - bit more effort but worth it. serve with roti and rice - https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/paneer-butter-masala-restaurant-style/

enjoy - let me know how you get on -

AB
vegheads - recipe me up on 10:15 - Nov 28 with 1813 viewsTIB

Be wary of Militant Meat Eaters entering your kitchen and playing the sounds of lawns screaming as they're mowed GS.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

vegheads - recipe me up on 10:16 - Nov 28 with 1811 viewsJ2BLUE

Vegetable curry. Easy. Batch cook.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

vegheads - recipe me up on 10:17 - Nov 28 with 1809 viewsTIB

vegheads - recipe me up on 10:16 - Nov 28 by J2BLUE

Vegetable curry. Easy. Batch cook.

I'm not a vege but do love a veg curry

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

vegheads - recipe me up on 10:22 - Nov 28 with 1800 viewsGuthrum

Savoy cabbage. Boil or steam until nearly as soft as you want it. Put in a saucepan with just a dribble of the water* and a decent-sized chunk of butter. Let it cook over medium heat for another couple of minutes or so.

* Not much more than the quantity of butter used.

Edit: This is more a side-dish than a main meal
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 10:24]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

vegheads - recipe me up on 10:24 - Nov 28 with 1789 viewsGeoffSentence

vegheads - recipe me up on 09:54 - Nov 28 by StokieBlue

Fry tender-stem broccoli, asparagus, garlic and chilli together. Whack a ball of burrata in the middle of a plate and then place the veg around it. Yum.

Calcots and/or broccoli and asparagus on romesco sauce is also great - can premake the romesco sauce.

SB

Sounds nice, can't say I have heard of burrata before - is it easily available in supermarkets or somewhere, such as the Ipswich-Sudbury-Shotley Golden Triangle, which might have slight less sophisticated culinary outlets than Stokie?

vegheads - recipe me up on 10:28 - Nov 28 with 1784 viewsGeoffSentence

vegheads - recipe me up on 10:22 - Nov 28 by Guthrum

Savoy cabbage. Boil or steam until nearly as soft as you want it. Put in a saucepan with just a dribble of the water* and a decent-sized chunk of butter. Let it cook over medium heat for another couple of minutes or so.

* Not much more than the quantity of butter used.

Edit: This is more a side-dish than a main meal
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 10:24]

I do like a nice Savoy cabbage. WifeSentence gives me a bit of stick it as I will happily eat half of one, steamed and seasoned with a main meal.

Login to get fewer ads

vegheads - recipe me up on 10:30 - Nov 28 with 1773 viewsStokieBlue

vegheads - recipe me up on 10:24 - Nov 28 by GeoffSentence

Sounds nice, can't say I have heard of burrata before - is it easily available in supermarkets or somewhere, such as the Ipswich-Sudbury-Shotley Golden Triangle, which might have slight less sophisticated culinary outlets than Stokie?

You can get it in Waitrose or Italian Deli's.

It's basically mozzarella but they inject cream into the centre so it oozes out like a sauce over the vegetables.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burrata

Could use nice mozzarella instead.

SB

vegheads - recipe me up on 10:31 - Nov 28 with 1771 viewsStokieBlue

vegheads - recipe me up on 10:28 - Nov 28 by GeoffSentence

I do like a nice Savoy cabbage. WifeSentence gives me a bit of stick it as I will happily eat half of one, steamed and seasoned with a main meal.

Sweetheart cabbage fried with shallots (and butter if you fancy) is amazing.

SB

vegheads - recipe me up on 11:06 - Nov 28 with 1734 viewsHarry_Palmer

Here you go...

This is just so easy to make, takes about 20 mins from start to finish and very tasty
https://deliciouslyella.com/2015/11/07/simple-tomato-and-mushroom-pasta/

This one is again really easy and really tasty
https://avirtualvegan.com/creamy-red-lentil-dahl/

These are actually both Vegan but you can add cheese, butter etc. if you wish
vegheads - recipe me up on 17:00 - Nov 28 with 1632 viewsnorth_stand77

Mushroom, Chestnut and shallot pasties.

Gently fry shallots and mushrooms in a little butter till brown. Add a little red wine and bay leaf to taste. Reduce for short time., thicken if necessary. Add whole cooked chestnuts. Place in a roll of bought shortcut pastry (can add crumbled stilton on top of filling at this point) and fold over. Cook in oven and cut in to slices. Filling can also be used for a pie
vegheads - recipe me up on 17:04 - Nov 28 with 1630 viewshampstead_blue

I'm a full on meat eater but wanted to add a little tip with stir fries.

We freeze whole chilli, ginger, and turmeric.

When you need them, with a very sharp knife (japanese) you can shave them so they melt into the cooking.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024