Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Webster 13:54 - Nov 28 with 2223 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

With his comments when he left the club being taken in a negative light, will he get booed tonight or a gentle round of applause like Lawrence received when taking corners?

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Webster on 14:03 - Nov 28 with 2179 viewsclive_baker

Neither from me. I don't resent him moving on, but equally I don't particularly feel the need to show appreciation for the role he played here. We were a stepping stone for him, fair enough, and financially it worked out well for all parties. It's not like we're welcoming back a legend. For me he's no more or less significant than anyone else on the Bristol City team sheet, I would rather exert my energy and attention on supporting the ones in blue tonight.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Webster on 14:04 - Nov 28 with 2174 viewsGeoffSentence

I honestly cannot recall what he said.

If he had a pop at PH he's probably ready for legend status.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Webster on 14:06 - Nov 28 with 2168 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Webster on 14:15 - Nov 28 with 2138 viewsFrimleyBlue

One thing I would hope lambert does though is play 2 up top and press high on Webster. Can't let him bring the ball out and we know he has a mistake or 2 in him. Gotta put pressure on him all the way through

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Webster on 14:17 - Nov 28 with 2121 viewsReuser_is_God

Webster on 14:03 - Nov 28 by clive_baker

Neither from me. I don't resent him moving on, but equally I don't particularly feel the need to show appreciation for the role he played here. We were a stepping stone for him, fair enough, and financially it worked out well for all parties. It's not like we're welcoming back a legend. For me he's no more or less significant than anyone else on the Bristol City team sheet, I would rather exert my energy and attention on supporting the ones in blue tonight.

Absolutely bang on.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Webster on 14:21 - Nov 28 with 2100 viewsitfcjoe

Webster on 14:17 - Nov 28 by Reuser_is_God

Absolutely bang on.

I'll probably give a half hearted clap when his name is read out on the teamsheet as I appreciated what he did for us and enjoyed watching him - but to be honest the bloke in the seat next to me will barely hear it let alone anyone else!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Webster on 14:21 - Nov 28 with 2101 viewsKieran_Knows

This.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Webster on 14:24 - Nov 28 with 2076 viewsblueislander

Webster on 14:21 - Nov 28 by Kieran_Knows

This.

But the real question is ;Will Skuse celebrate wildly when he scores tonight, as apparently he is a Bristol City legend.?
Login to get fewer ads

Webster on 14:26 - Nov 28 with 2066 viewsKieran_Knows

Webster on 14:24 - Nov 28 by blueislander

But the real question is ;Will Skuse celebrate wildly when he scores tonight, as apparently he is a Bristol City legend.?

I don't think we'll need to be worrying about that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Webster on 15:20 - Nov 28 with 1887 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Said he was happy to now be at a club with ambition, basically stating Town had no ambition, maybe true by unoroffessional, he should be grateful he wasn’t still playing at Portsmouth.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Webster on 15:24 - Nov 28 with 1867 viewsNo9

The lad has to earn a living.
Personally I was never enamoured with his performances in a Town shirt in fact he mostly loked over-rated but that doesn't mean he shouldn't earn a living.
& away from what Town were he may well develop into a decent CB
Webster on 15:48 - Nov 28 with 1785 viewsLeagueOne

Well said.

The ex player obsession of the modern era is interesting. He was rubbish and it was a good bit of business when Hurst sold him according to most, once he was gone and it turned out we were miles worse off without him he suddenly became a hero again. Releasing Smith and selling Webster were two of the clubs worse decisions recently given everything i'd say.

He's not an Ipswich player anymore. I hope he falls over 3 or 4 times and costs them a few soft goals so we can actually win a game.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Webster on 15:55 - Nov 28 with 1749 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's just a modern day Jon Stead.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Webster on 16:32 - Nov 28 with 1688 viewsronnyd

Webster on 15:55 - Nov 28 by Swansea_Blue

Thought Stead was a striker.
Webster on 18:53 - Nov 28 with 1529 viewsLeagueOne

Webster on 15:55 - Nov 28 by Swansea_Blue

Stead was always a weird one for me, a decent striker and neatish footballer for a target man, apparently a good professional but never really seemed to "make it" anywhere long term.

People forget he scored 20 odd goals for us over the course of two seasons. That's something we aspire to have in a striker these days...

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Webster on 19:03 - Nov 28 with 1494 viewsSuperblue95

Webster on 18:53 - Nov 28 by LeagueOne

Stead was always a weird one for me, a decent striker and neatish footballer for a target man, apparently a good professional but never really seemed to "make it" anywhere long term.

People forget he scored 20 odd goals for us over the course of two seasons. That's something we aspire to have in a striker these days...

I remember being gutted when Stead left

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024