Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? 15:34 - Nov 28 with 6304 viewsSpruceMoose

Still waiting to hear from Jezwald on this one though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 15:38 - Nov 28 with 3056 viewsBlueBadger

I'm sure the Dear Leader will, as always be demonstrating clear, unambiguous and competent leadership on this.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 15:39 - Nov 28 with 3054 viewsSpruceMoose

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 15:38 - Nov 28 by BlueBadger

I'm sure the Dear Leader will, as always be demonstrating clear, unambiguous and competent leadership on this.

Yes, no doubt he will be issuing a statement any year now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 15:42 - Nov 28 with 3030 viewsWithnail

Labour are essentially whores. 'National interest' just isn't in their vocabulary.

Maybe they know that Leave would win for a third time?

BEST OF 5.
Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 15:43 - Nov 28 with 3021 viewsNo9

Why would they not ask the membership what they should do?
Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 15:44 - Nov 28 with 3015 viewsRob88

It depends where public opinion is and whether it would be in their best interests to do so.
Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 15:44 - Nov 28 with 3015 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They'll jump on ANYTHING to try to get into power.

Although their (official) leader is a MASSIVE brexiteer, so it might be an issue for him.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 15:48 - Nov 28 with 2998 viewsSpruceMoose

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 15:42 - Nov 28 by Withnail

Labour are essentially whores. 'National interest' just isn't in their vocabulary.

BEST OF 5.

On the contrary, maybe they had a look at this and are acting in the national interest.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/28/uk-significantly-worse-off-unde

Given this announcement, surely you would want to act in the national interest and switch to favouring us keeping our EU membership status, yes?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 15:52]

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 15:53 - Nov 28 with 2975 viewsJakeITFC

Maybe letting the Tories make a mess of a difficult position was the plan all along.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 15:59]
Login to get fewer ads

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:01 - Nov 28 with 2949 viewsgiant_stow

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 15:42 - Nov 28 by Withnail

BEST OF 5.

How about best of 1775 with one ref held every two years?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:04 - Nov 28 with 2941 viewsbrazil1982

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 15:48 - Nov 28 by SpruceMoose

On the contrary, maybe they had a look at this and are acting in the national interest.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/28/uk-significantly-worse-off-unde

Given this announcement, surely you would want to act in the national interest and switch to favouring us keeping our EU membership status, yes?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 15:52]

Not all about economic reasons.
Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:05 - Nov 28 with 2937 viewsJ2BLUE

No idea why they keep demanding a general election. They have no chance.

Corbyn, McDonnell and Thornberry make May, Hammond and Hunt look like the A Team.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:07 - Nov 28 with 2929 viewsSpruceMoose

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:04 - Nov 28 by brazil1982

Not all about economic reasons.

What other reasons are worth trashing our economy in the long term?

If it turns out we are demonstrably going to be worse off economically in EVERY scenario, and that doesn't change minds, then it goes a long way to demonstrate the naked ideology of those folk imo.

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:08 - Nov 28 with 2931 viewsLeagueOne

If people were that desperate for a second vote, why didn't the Liberal Democrats do very well in the General Election? It was one of their key election differences over Labour, who are, and will be, committed to some form of Brexit.

The Tories with their Brexit means Brexit lies picked up 13,636,684 votes, and the Liberals only 2,371,910? The Tories were only 4 million shy of the 17mil who voted to leave.

Hardly a resounding electoral endorsement of a re-run referendum. Polls as we have found out, are nonsense and politically skewed to favour newspapers views, such as the ones saying how everyone hated Corbyn and then he achieved a better Labour result than Blair vote share wise. It's just that between the Brexit vote backing May, and the SNP now holding Scotland that he didn't win.

Looking at the results of both the GE and Ref suggests that much won't change with a neverendum. If Leave lose a 2nd they'll just claim Brexit was sabotaged by the remain politicians, UKIP will pick up votes again putting pressure on the Tories, the Tories need their votes to win and will do something to get them on side and the thing will rumble on and on.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:09 - Nov 28 with 2923 viewsSpruceMoose

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:05 - Nov 28 by J2BLUE

No idea why they keep demanding a general election. They have no chance.

Corbyn, McDonnell and Thornberry make May, Hammond and Hunt look like the A Team.

I know, but they clearly think different for some reason. Maybe they think they need a GE before the Jezamaniacs realise he's not into what they're into.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 16:11]

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:09 - Nov 28 with 2918 viewsSpruceMoose

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:08 - Nov 28 by LeagueOne

If people were that desperate for a second vote, why didn't the Liberal Democrats do very well in the General Election? It was one of their key election differences over Labour, who are, and will be, committed to some form of Brexit.

The Tories with their Brexit means Brexit lies picked up 13,636,684 votes, and the Liberals only 2,371,910? The Tories were only 4 million shy of the 17mil who voted to leave.

Hardly a resounding electoral endorsement of a re-run referendum. Polls as we have found out, are nonsense and politically skewed to favour newspapers views, such as the ones saying how everyone hated Corbyn and then he achieved a better Labour result than Blair vote share wise. It's just that between the Brexit vote backing May, and the SNP now holding Scotland that he didn't win.

Looking at the results of both the GE and Ref suggests that much won't change with a neverendum. If Leave lose a 2nd they'll just claim Brexit was sabotaged by the remain politicians, UKIP will pick up votes again putting pressure on the Tories, the Tories need their votes to win and will do something to get them on side and the thing will rumble on and on.

Why didn't the Liberal Democrats do well? Perhaps because of, rightly or wrongly, their perception as Tory enablers.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 16:10]

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:11 - Nov 28 with 2905 viewsgiant_stow

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:08 - Nov 28 by LeagueOne

Because they're the liberal party and as such, stand no chance of being in power. I've voted liberal a few times in elections and voted remain, but a vote for them would have been wasted at the last general election. Bring on PR for this reason.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:14 - Nov 28 with 2885 viewsLeagueOne

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:09 - Nov 28 by SpruceMoose

Why didn't the Liberal Democrats do well? Perhaps because of, rightly or wrongly, their perception as Tory enablers.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 16:10]

But surely if your key gripe was Brexit, you'd vote for the Party who is committed to stopping it? If you put the fact the Liberals joined in with the Conservatives in a coalition where the Liberals were actually able to help introduce some of their ideas such as the tax thresholds, Gay marriage and such into Government, over the Brexit issue, did you really want a 2nd referendum that much?

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:17 - Nov 28 with 2880 viewsGlasgowBlue

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 15:38 - Nov 28 by BlueBadger

McDonnell is a better politician than Jezza. He sees which way the wind is blowing and is talking about a second referendum because he thinks it will gain Labour votes.

It's not going to happen anyway. May's deal will be voted down and the Cabinet will push for a Norway style deal which will get the support of the majority of the house.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:18 - Nov 28 with 2874 viewsLeagueOne

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:11 - Nov 28 by giant_stow

Because they're the liberal party and as such, stand no chance of being in power. I've voted liberal a few times in elections and voted remain, but a vote for them would have been wasted at the last general election. Bring on PR for this reason.

But isn't that a backward mentality, of course they will never be in power or have any influence if you do not vote for them. We'd have a better democracy if everyone voted for the Party who aligned most with their views rather than just backing someone else just stop the others winning - it's a problem we have in the country. We'd be much better of with a few more Liberals, UKIP, and Green around the table for debates such as the Brexit situation as an accurate reflection of the broader views of the people of this country rather than keep handing the keys to the red and the blue teams to constantly cause the eventual car crash they always do.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 16:19]

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:19 - Nov 28 with 2868 viewsSpruceMoose

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:14 - Nov 28 by LeagueOne

But surely if your key gripe was Brexit, you'd vote for the Party who is committed to stopping it? If you put the fact the Liberals joined in with the Conservatives in a coalition where the Liberals were actually able to help introduce some of their ideas such as the tax thresholds, Gay marriage and such into Government, over the Brexit issue, did you really want a 2nd referendum that much?

My key gripe is actually climate change, but none of the parties other than the Greens seem too interested in that, but a vote for them is pointless in the current system.

The Lib Dems were never going to be in a position to impact anything, so similarly, a vote for them was a waste of time under the current system.

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:20 - Nov 28 with 2860 viewsSpruceMoose

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:18 - Nov 28 by LeagueOne

But isn't that a backward mentality, of course they will never be in power or have any influence if you do not vote for them. We'd have a better democracy if everyone voted for the Party who aligned most with their views rather than just backing someone else just stop the others winning - it's a problem we have in the country. We'd be much better of with a few more Liberals, UKIP, and Green around the table for debates such as the Brexit situation as an accurate reflection of the broader views of the people of this country rather than keep handing the keys to the red and the blue teams to constantly cause the eventual car crash they always do.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 16:19]

Mounting and presenting a serious argument for PR would be a more effective way of handing the LDs a modicum of power than actually voting for them.

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:23 - Nov 28 with 2848 viewsSpruceMoose

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:17 - Nov 28 by GlasgowBlue

McDonnell is a better politician than Jezza. He sees which way the wind is blowing and is talking about a second referendum because he thinks it will gain Labour votes.

It's not going to happen anyway. May's deal will be voted down and the Cabinet will push for a Norway style deal which will get the support of the majority of the house.

A Norway style deal complete with freedom of movement? That'll upset the Leavers.

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:25 - Nov 28 with 2841 viewsGlasgowBlue

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:23 - Nov 28 by SpruceMoose

A Norway style deal complete with freedom of movement? That'll upset the Leavers.

That seems to be the way it's heading.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:26 - Nov 28 with 2834 viewsSpruceMoose

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:25 - Nov 28 by GlasgowBlue

That seems to be the way it's heading.

I presume if that was to come to pass May would have to be offered up as the sacrificial lamb to try and appease many of the Leave voters?

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:29 - Nov 28 with 2822 viewsLeagueOne

Are Labour coming round to a 2nd referendum? on 16:20 - Nov 28 by SpruceMoose

Mounting and presenting a serious argument for PR would be a more effective way of handing the LDs a modicum of power than actually voting for them.

My only issue with PR is the fact I like the idea I can vote for an MP and if I don't like them I can sack them at a GE, and one of the things I dislike about the EU Parliament is the fact the winners (MEP's) are picked by the political parties meaning in this region the Conservative Party has had more say over whos there to represent me, then I have as a voter.

and..... I really wish I could sack my Tory MP, who lives in London, never visits our area and recently made up that a number of arrests were made following a ram raid spree near us which were never made, and then tried to claim she was in the area when the raids happened but was found to be in London, where she lives.. she's amazingly been listed as a future PM as well, she has all the credentials I guess.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024