Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hands up who wanted Freddie out... 21:01 - Nov 28 with 1568 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...you know who you are...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hands up who wanted Freddie out... on 21:08 - Nov 28 with 1558 viewsOxford_Blue

Two goals does not a striker make.
Hands up who wanted Freddie out... on 21:12 - Nov 28 with 1526 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Hands up who wanted Freddie out... on 21:08 - Nov 28 by Oxford_Blue

Lols

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hands up who wanted Freddie out... on 21:41 - Nov 28 with 1468 viewsKeaneish

There were plenty.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Hands up who wanted Freddie out... on 22:26 - Nov 28 with 1432 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Always been a class act MM destroyed his confidence playing as a left winger! Hurst mostly ignored him.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Hands up who wanted Freddie out... on 22:28 - Nov 28 with 1423 viewsReuser_is_God

No one wanted Freddie out, they wanted the old Freddie back.

That first goal tonight was 2015 vintage Sears.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Hands up who wanted Freddie out... on 22:37 - Nov 28 with 1411 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I wanted him out. I am happy to be proved wrong, he was outstanding tonight

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Hands up who wanted Freddie out... on 22:41 - Nov 28 with 1400 viewsEdwardF

Hands up who wanted Freddie out... on 22:37 - Nov 28 by TRUE_BLUE123

I wanted him out. I am happy to be proved wrong, he was outstanding tonight

I wanted you out. Alwys did. Stretching right back to 1996. Even then I wanted you out.

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

Hands up who wanted Freddie out... on 22:42 - Nov 28 with 1396 viewscobbler

I was one but after tonight’s showing I eat my words I just hope he carry’s on his form a lovely celebration in front of us tonight after his second.
Login to get fewer ads

Hands up who wanted Freddie out... on 23:02 - Nov 28 with 1374 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Hands up who wanted Freddie out... on 21:08 - Nov 28 by Oxford_Blue

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Hands up who wanted Freddie out... on 23:08 - Nov 28 with 1352 viewsnshearman1

Hands up who wanted Freddie out... on 22:42 - Nov 28 by cobbler

I was one but after tonight’s showing I eat my words I just hope he carry’s on his form a lovely celebration in front of us tonight after his second.

So often a player's form and effectiveness is about how he's managed. I remember how poor Delaney was for us and yet he became a Championship promotion player and Premier League player. Mick loved Sears but managed him really really badly. Lambert is handling him well.
Hands up who wanted Freddie out... on 01:56 - Nov 29 with 1293 viewsjeera

Hands up who wanted Freddie out... on 23:08 - Nov 28 by nshearman1

So often a player's form and effectiveness is about how he's managed. I remember how poor Delaney was for us and yet he became a Championship promotion player and Premier League player. Mick loved Sears but managed him really really badly. Lambert is handling him well.

He 'loved ' Sears for the same reason most, who understood, loved Daryl Murphy before he hit goalscoring form.

When asked to fulfil a role and play out of preferred position they each just got on with it and took whatever flak like professionals.

What manager wouldn't appreciate that?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hands up who wanted Freddie out... on 03:33 - Nov 29 with 1260 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

All credit the kid's come right at a very crucial time. Will admit to being skeptical regards the player in past time but never really wished for his immediate exit or to join up with another club set-up.

Must have been difficult fighting for position with other key attackers such as Waghorn, McGoldrick, Murphy, possibly Varney (when featured), but now has established himself as #1 striker and best chance of goals for the team. Never really was any animosity at any time, the kid just didn't contribute enough or make any significant impact during previous times at the club. Of course that wasn't 'always' the case, but it happened often, as others would wish to concur of find area for agreement.

Make no mistake about it, to salvage our league status, it's going to require one or two extra (forward) players that can contribute with similar regularity and efficiency.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024