Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7 pts to make up 22:03 - Nov 28 with 4487 viewsMullet

27 games.
4 teams above us all on 17.
3 relegation spots.

The chances of dragging one down is fairly high. But two or more? We're gonna have to start really playing now.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

7 pts to make up on 22:04 - Nov 28 with 3575 viewsGuthrum

One or two may drop down of their own accord. But we do need to be picking up points, even one at a time from draws.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

7 pts to make up on 22:08 - Nov 28 with 3506 viewsLeagueOne

7 pts to make up on 22:04 - Nov 28 by Guthrum

One or two may drop down of their own accord. But we do need to be picking up points, even one at a time from draws.

We have two missing elements which are fundamental to winning football games. A defence that is hard to break down, and the ability to score goals. Sears has come back in and done great, but our other striking options shouldn't be playing at this level. Defence wise all we need is a light gust of wind for the opposition to score.

While this is the case we won't win another game this season. It sounds drastic but it's true, we're down. This is the worse side we have ever had here.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

7 pts to make up on 22:08 - Nov 28 with 3501 viewsHerbivore

We won't have an easier game all season and we lost. We're down.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

7 pts to make up on 22:09 - Nov 28 with 3467 viewsnshearman1

7 pts to make up on 22:08 - Nov 28 by Herbivore

We won't have an easier game all season and we lost. We're down.

See my post elsewhere. It's not over yet.
7 pts to make up on 22:10 - Nov 28 with 3455 viewsgainsboroughblue

7 pts to make up on 22:08 - Nov 28 by LeagueOne

We have two missing elements which are fundamental to winning football games. A defence that is hard to break down, and the ability to score goals. Sears has come back in and done great, but our other striking options shouldn't be playing at this level. Defence wise all we need is a light gust of wind for the opposition to score.

While this is the case we won't win another game this season. It sounds drastic but it's true, we're down. This is the worse side we have ever had here.

To say we won't win another game this season in this division is a frankly ridiculous thing to predict, let alone assert. We may drop out of the division but we will pick up a few more wins somewhere (in between more lack lustre defeats in fairness)

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

7 pts to make up on 22:12 - Nov 28 with 3417 viewsjas0999

The squad isn’t good enough. Evans won’t invest. It’s over.
7 pts to make up on 22:13 - Nov 28 with 3380 viewsHerbivore

7 pts to make up on 22:09 - Nov 28 by nshearman1

See my post elsewhere. It's not over yet.

I can't be eased to trawl the forum. What was the gist of it?

7 pts to make up on 22:13 - Nov 28 with 3378 viewsGuthrum

The attack has scored six goals in the last four games. It's doing ok as a unit (whoever is actually putting the ball in the net).

The defence, however, is not working efficiently.

Login to get fewer ads

7 pts to make up on 22:14 - Nov 28 with 3348 viewsCoastalblue

After watching tonight for the first time I don't think we'll get out of this. We are now at the point where we'll need to go on a little bit of a run, unless we buy half a team in January and they all bed down immediately I cannot see that happening.

At halftime I honestly thought this was the turning point, at full time it was for me, I think we have too much to do and not enough to do it with now.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

7 pts to make up on 22:16 - Nov 28 with 3322 viewsNWBlue

7 pts to make up on 22:10 - Nov 28 by gainsboroughblue

To say we won't win another game this season in this division is a frankly ridiculous thing to predict, let alone assert. We may drop out of the division but we will pick up a few more wins somewhere (in between more lack lustre defeats in fairness)

If we take 36 points as the minimum needed to survive then we need 25 points from the remains 27 games. If 40 points are needed then we need 29 from 27. Doable but looks unlikely right now. We desperately need a win in the next few games.
7 pts to make up on 22:18 - Nov 28 with 3281 viewsnshearman1

7 pts to make up on 22:13 - Nov 28 by Herbivore

I can't be eased to trawl the forum. What was the gist of it?

It's just crazy to respond to this particular game and say in November that we're down - I've never read that from you before. The Championship doesn't work on any consistent level. We're 6 points off four clubs. This is retrievable even though the situation is very bad. A lot depends now on ME changing his tune re spending in January. But it is retrievable - just. You're normally one of the cool heads round here, but seem to have lost it tonight. No doubt you and others will shout me down, so I'm not going to respond further, but happy to re-visit things in April/May.
7 pts to make up on 22:18 - Nov 28 with 3264 viewsLeagueOne

7 pts to make up on 22:10 - Nov 28 by gainsboroughblue

Is it though? I don't think I have seen a poorer tam in this division, ever, and thats saying something. These lot make Luke Varney and Brett Pittman look like Ronaldo and Messi.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

7 pts to make up on 22:21 - Nov 28 with 3233 viewsHerbivore

7 pts to make up on 22:18 - Nov 28 by nshearman1

It's just crazy to respond to this particular game and say in November that we're down - I've never read that from you before. The Championship doesn't work on any consistent level. We're 6 points off four clubs. This is retrievable even though the situation is very bad. A lot depends now on ME changing his tune re spending in January. But it is retrievable - just. You're normally one of the cool heads round here, but seem to have lost it tonight. No doubt you and others will shout me down, so I'm not going to respond further, but happy to re-visit things in April/May.

I've been saying for a good month I think we'll go down, today has fully reinforced it. If we're losing at home to that Brizzle side I don't see a way for us to get the points to stay up.

7 pts to make up on 22:21 - Nov 28 with 3232 viewsGuthrum

7 pts to make up on 22:18 - Nov 28 by LeagueOne

Is it though? I don't think I have seen a poorer tam in this division, ever, and thats saying something. These lot make Luke Varney and Brett Pittman look like Ronaldo and Messi.

We're not even bottom of the Championship form table at the moment.

7 pts to make up on 22:22 - Nov 28 with 3207 viewsHerbivore

7 pts to make up on 22:16 - Nov 28 by NWBlue

If we take 36 points as the minimum needed to survive then we need 25 points from the remains 27 games. If 40 points are needed then we need 29 from 27. Doable but looks unlikely right now. We desperately need a win in the next few games.

You need to add 10 points to your totals, mate. 40 points won't keep us up.

7 pts to make up on 22:23 - Nov 28 with 3192 viewsdavblue

If it wasn’t your club that was in our position what would you be saying?

Take the emotion out of it, we have won 1 game in 18, 5 off the half way mark we have 11 points, I would say they were certs for relegation, we are going to need a hell of a January window, who will join? Good players don’t tend to join bottom of the league teams.
7 pts to make up on 22:29 - Nov 28 with 3139 viewsgainsboroughblue

7 pts to make up on 22:18 - Nov 28 by LeagueOne

It's very unlikely I think. We've had good spells in matches. Lambert will get us stringing those periods for longer at some point as well as putting his stamp on the squad and getting a window to work in for himself. It may be too late but I refuse to believe that afternoon at Swansea will be the only time we pick up three points this season. The Championship is too unpredictable for that.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

7 pts to make up on 22:29 - Nov 28 with 3139 viewsRozz

7 pts to make up on 22:23 - Nov 28 by davblue

If it wasn’t your club that was in our position what would you be saying?

Take the emotion out of it, we have won 1 game in 18, 5 off the half way mark we have 11 points, I would say they were certs for relegation, we are going to need a hell of a January window, who will join? Good players don’t tend to join bottom of the league teams.

This. The points total, the gap, the teams around us, are not on paper insurmountable. 6 or 7 points is an achievable total over the amount of games available.

The key point being, that the above only applies to a team able to show reasonable form. Looking purely at the numbers, with no emotion or semantics, we are simply not demonstrating the ability to get out of this.
7 pts to make up on 22:35 - Nov 28 with 3067 viewsJDB23

The Championship is pretty consistent actually, the best teams go up and the worst go down. We are the worst out of all 24 and that's not even debatable. For us to stay up something has to happen that we have yet to see this season, blind faith is not much of an argument against all evidence collected up to this point.

Nothing wrong with still believing and supporting the team, but don't think anyone should be shot down for thinking we're certs for relegation at this stage when there's very little in the way of support for any other argument.
7 pts to make up on 22:35 - Nov 28 with 3060 viewsBABLUE

7 pts to make up on 22:29 - Nov 28 by Rozz

This. The points total, the gap, the teams around us, are not on paper insurmountable. 6 or 7 points is an achievable total over the amount of games available.

The key point being, that the above only applies to a team able to show reasonable form. Looking purely at the numbers, with no emotion or semantics, we are simply not demonstrating the ability to get out of this.

The defence is so poor that we need to score 3 or 4 goals to get points.

Edwards and Spence are so poor and what on earth is going on with Bart?

Knudsen has fallen away again and looks as poor as I’ve seen him.

Out of that 11 only Sears and Skuse get any credit.

Bristol seemed to have an extra 2 players all over the pitch.

This is a real low point for the club I love and I cannot see a way o
7 pts to make up on 22:37 - Nov 28 with 3036 viewsTheBoyBlue

If we could just hang on until January. We've been appalling all season and yet if we'd won tonight we would be in touching distance. But this was a missed opportunity tonight.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

7 pts to make up on 22:38 - Nov 28 with 3023 viewsbackwaywhen

Tonight was the ideal game to claw 3 points back and be only 3 points behind 4 others and also draw Brizzle closer .....we blew it big time I’m afraid ...goodnight nurse !.
7 pts to make up on 22:41 - Nov 28 with 2994 viewsMullet

7 pts to make up on 22:37 - Nov 28 by TheBoyBlue

If we could just hang on until January. We've been appalling all season and yet if we'd won tonight we would be in touching distance. But this was a missed opportunity tonight.

I've no doubt we will have another Swansea game, maybe even Saturday but it's whether we revert to type between those unexpected results.

As is, there is nothing but faith to point to. Statistically, logically, factually, historically, getting rid of Mick has been the catalyst for our biggest ever disaster as a club. Evans is always the wrong side of the curve and it's looking like we're about to hit a very steep downward trend.

Go down, we stay down for years. There's little coming back from where he has positioned us. Survival means we avoid becoming a best case scenario of a Bolton or Wigan and can maybe find an owner or new MO.

The greater chance if relegation comes is we shrink year upon year into a once every 5 years yo-yo club or do a Pompey.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

7 pts to make up on 22:42 - Nov 28 with 2988 viewsRozz

7 pts to make up on 22:35 - Nov 28 by BABLUE

The defence is so poor that we need to score 3 or 4 goals to get points.

Edwards and Spence are so poor and what on earth is going on with Bart?

Knudsen has fallen away again and looks as poor as I’ve seen him.

Out of that 11 only Sears and Skuse get any credit.

Bristol seemed to have an extra 2 players all over the pitch.

This is a real low point for the club I love and I cannot see a way o

I actually think Knudsen had a good game today. He's not technically talented enough to fulfil both the attacking & defensive roles required of him here, but he offered a lot going forward today, great link up, some dangerous balls into the box and some clever runs / flick ons. I'm not his biggest fan, but at least he offered something positive. Spence had an absolute stinker.

Sears my MoM, and Skuse relishing the role protected by a woeful (today) Chalobah. Too many off days unfortunately, and it told. Trevoh, Pennington, Edwards, all seemed to be a yard off pace today at the same time.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 22:44]
7 pts to make up on 22:42 - Nov 28 with 2964 viewsgordon

We let in too many, and don't really score enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024