Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So for all the fanfare about Lambert 07:35 - Nov 29 with 24557 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Results so far have been, well, cr*p

Worse than under Hurst in fact 👀

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 18:22 - Nov 30 with 6140 viewschicoazul

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:32 - Nov 29 by itfcjoe

I do worry we are trying to play a style that doesn't suit the squad - our back 4 are all pretty poor on the ball and we are trying to play it out through them

IS it really unreasonable to expect our experienced defenders to not be able to control the ball, create angles for colleagues, and play simple passes?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 18:25 - Nov 30 with 6137 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 08:32 - Nov 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Reality is 3 of Lambert’s 4 games have basically been must win (individually, not collectively), and we haven’t won any of them

Make no mistake about it, we’re going down

Millwall was a must win too. What’s that say about Klug?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 18:49 - Nov 30 with 6120 viewsDublinBlue84

Since Lambert has come through the door he has been a breath of fresh air and seems to be an excellent man manager and a motivator, something that Hurst did not have a clue about.

Compare Hursts "There's nothing I can do about their mistakes as I'm not out on the pitch" kind of talk to Lamberts "mistakes are my fault and I take responsibility for them." quotes which he's made a few times in the short time he's been here.

Bart had a bit of a mare on Wednesday night, but what Lambert has said today is exactly the right thing to do, to try and lift his confidence, because like with a lot of our players, it's only with confidence that they will turn poor form around.

We don't just have a poor squad, we have a group of lads who thanks to Doig and Hurst, have stopped believing in themselves, they are nervy and doubt themselves. That's not going to turn around straight away under Lambert. Unfortunately a lot of damage has already been done.

This is where Roy Keane fell down as well, when you're playing badly some players need support, an arm around the shoulder or a tailored approach and for the manager to keep the pressure off the players and take some himself. Hurst left the players out to dry on a number of occasions which just made the matters worse.

Management isn't just about tactics and coaching, it's about motivation and man management and that is something that Hurst and Doig were appalling at. If there have been digs at players, some characters will not respond well to that and instead of doing what comes natural next time they are in a situation, they will have such digs in the back of their mind, clouding their judgement.

If we had Lambert at the start of this season we'd be far better off, but we didn't and it remains to be seen if we were already too damaged by Hurst by the time Evans pulled the trigger. Evans doesn't cover himself in glory, but honestly if we go down, Hurst will end up being an even more dirty word than Roy Keane or Mick McGiven.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 19:11 - Nov 30 with 6103 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 18:25 - Nov 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

Millwall was a must win too. What’s that say about Klug?

That he is a youth coach who acted as caretaker manager, probably...

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 19:13 - Nov 30 with 6101 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 18:49 - Nov 30 by DublinBlue84

Since Lambert has come through the door he has been a breath of fresh air and seems to be an excellent man manager and a motivator, something that Hurst did not have a clue about.

Compare Hursts "There's nothing I can do about their mistakes as I'm not out on the pitch" kind of talk to Lamberts "mistakes are my fault and I take responsibility for them." quotes which he's made a few times in the short time he's been here.

Bart had a bit of a mare on Wednesday night, but what Lambert has said today is exactly the right thing to do, to try and lift his confidence, because like with a lot of our players, it's only with confidence that they will turn poor form around.

We don't just have a poor squad, we have a group of lads who thanks to Doig and Hurst, have stopped believing in themselves, they are nervy and doubt themselves. That's not going to turn around straight away under Lambert. Unfortunately a lot of damage has already been done.

This is where Roy Keane fell down as well, when you're playing badly some players need support, an arm around the shoulder or a tailored approach and for the manager to keep the pressure off the players and take some himself. Hurst left the players out to dry on a number of occasions which just made the matters worse.

Management isn't just about tactics and coaching, it's about motivation and man management and that is something that Hurst and Doig were appalling at. If there have been digs at players, some characters will not respond well to that and instead of doing what comes natural next time they are in a situation, they will have such digs in the back of their mind, clouding their judgement.

If we had Lambert at the start of this season we'd be far better off, but we didn't and it remains to be seen if we were already too damaged by Hurst by the time Evans pulled the trigger. Evans doesn't cover himself in glory, but honestly if we go down, Hurst will end up being an even more dirty word than Roy Keane or Mick McGiven.

And yet in Hurst’s last 4 games that soul-destroyed team obtained 0.75ppg, playing 75% of games away against teams with an average position of 6.25 in the table...

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 19:22 - Nov 30 with 6094 viewsbournemouthblue

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 07:44 - Nov 29 by TractorWood

I thought the performance bar some Sears magic was pretty dreadful last night. I appreciate the squad is dross but it certainly didn't look like a squad that believes it can stay up, per the generic rhetoric. It looked like a squad who wanted the ground to swallow them up.

I thought for the first 15 minutes Brizzle were well up for it and had clearly done their home work

We then seemed to wrestle control of the game and looked dangerous when we broke without really looking like we would break them down

Bristol have a fairly big rugged back four which we struggled to test physically. We simply didn't have the personal to pump balls into the box and cause them problems.

However we got into the lead twice and should have kept it.

After half time, Johnson brought on their big striker who had caused us problems last year and this changed the game. Why he didn't start is anyone's guess but his presence freed up space for others, occupying our centre backs and particularly intimidating poor Pennington who was responsible for the second and third goals through poor marking. He went to sleep for the second allowing acres of space for Patterson.

The Brizzle fans seem to have been moaning about Johnson but he seems to have done his home work on us and certainly got his subs and team talk right in the second half.

Lambert brought on three strikers when we were chasing the game but it unbalanced us and we ran out of ideas.

I thought their big lad upfront looks like exactly the kind of targetman we need to be signing in January. He spread the sheer fear of god into the back four and his influence lead to all three goals. Even if they hadn't got the lead following the 9 minutes of chaos, I've no doubt if they'd continued going for the win that they'd have scored from other crosses as well. Our back four didn't have the physicality to deal with him. The much chastised Nsiala would have dealt with him better than Pennington who had a shocking night and certainly looks like he could do with some time on the bench.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 19:23]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 05:40 - Dec 1 with 6029 viewsMillsey

FFS😴
So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 06:37 - Dec 1 with 6020 viewslowtit

at least evans had lambert lined up - give the poor bloke a chance, no one else wants to do this job - hurst didnt work out - lets move on and stay up at least - things will get better -

I will show you fear in a handful of dust

Login to get fewer ads

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 10:32 - Dec 1 with 5938 viewsPositivelyPortman

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:28 - Nov 29 by Radlett_blue

Exactly. While the team appear to have been playing better football, partly probably down to the "new manager bounce", we look as incapable as ever of actually winning a game. The prime reason for that is that we concede too many bad goals.
Not sure what Lambert can do about that. We have a keeper whose confidence looks shot, full backs who allow crosses to go in too easily plus a central defender who switches off and ball-watches.

Re your last paragraph,
Ironically, none of those that you refer to were PH’s acquisitions.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 10:43 - Dec 1 with 5933 viewsRadlett_blue

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 10:32 - Dec 1 by PositivelyPortman

Re your last paragraph,
Ironically, none of those that you refer to were PH’s acquisitions.

The central defender to whom I was referring was Pennington, but yes, I get your point.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 10:45 - Dec 1 with 5932 viewsWhymarkmariner

Fans go on about Lambert, but the guy hasn't been here a few weeks and when all is said and done you can't polish a turd. Which is exactly what he has. Too many senior players either injured or out of form, new players who's form is so in and out and young players that can't and should not be relied upon to carry the team. I can't recall what McCarthy had when he took over and saved us, but it's pretty obvious that they were better than what we have now. If you cast your mind back to last season we were favourites for relegation then, but we had Webster, McGoldrick, Waghorn, Celina and Garner which we don't have now so what chance have we with the bunch at PR now. If and only if we can stay no more than 6 points adrift then it's possible to stay up. But if we get too far adrift who's going to want to join us and is there any point in spending say 5 million and go down, some senior players would no doubt want to move on and also we would probably lose some of our best youngsters.
So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 11:30 - Dec 1 with 5911 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 05:40 - Dec 1 by Millsey

FFS😴

Amazing how upset people get at simple facts being pointed out

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 11:40 - Dec 1 with 5910 viewspointofblue

To be there has been little to no improvement since the manager switch and we could still be watching a Hurst team in action - swathes of promising performances for segments of matches at a level which we can’t maintain for 90 minutes coupled for some utter and complete dross. Preston after they went down to ten men, Reading in the second half, West Brom in the first half and Bristol City after their second equaliser were all awful performances which show why we are where we are.

Lambert may say the right things and this might mean things are slightly better on the pitch but on it there has been no sign of long term improvement to date.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 11:55 - Dec 1 with 5897 viewsreusersfreekicks

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 11:40 - Dec 1 by pointofblue

To be there has been little to no improvement since the manager switch and we could still be watching a Hurst team in action - swathes of promising performances for segments of matches at a level which we can’t maintain for 90 minutes coupled for some utter and complete dross. Preston after they went down to ten men, Reading in the second half, West Brom in the first half and Bristol City after their second equaliser were all awful performances which show why we are where we are.

Lambert may say the right things and this might mean things are slightly better on the pitch but on it there has been no sign of long term improvement to date.

Wrong. That's all!
So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 13:20 - Dec 1 with 5863 viewspointofblue

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 11:55 - Dec 1 by reusersfreekicks

Wrong. That's all!

Ok, at our peak we’re slightly better than we were under Hurst but we look just as clueless in our trough periods.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 22:23 - Dec 1 with 5797 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:15 - Nov 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It isn’t if you ignore actual facts like results

Hurst: 0.64ppg, average position of opposition 11.57, 50% matches at home
Lambert: 0.5ppg, average position of opposition 13.75, 75% matches at home

So we’re getting less points per game against weaker opposition, despite playing more games at home as it stands

Now 0.4ppg...

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 22:40 - Dec 1 with 5774 viewsNo9

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 18:22 - Nov 30 by chicoazul

IS it really unreasonable to expect our experienced defenders to not be able to control the ball, create angles for colleagues, and play simple passes?

It has been a long time since Town had players who could do the basics.
You don't need them for hoofball do you?
So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:36 - Dec 2 with 5670 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 22:40 - Dec 1 by No9

It has been a long time since Town had players who could do the basics.
You don't need them for hoofball do you?

Isn’t the basics exactly what you need for hoofball?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:48 - Dec 2 with 5648 viewsBackToRussia

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 22:23 - Dec 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Now 0.4ppg...

Sack Lambert then yeah? What exactly is your point? Obviously Lambert is doing poorly because he is following a sh1tshow.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:58 - Dec 2 with 5618 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:48 - Dec 2 by BackToRussia

Sack Lambert then yeah? What exactly is your point? Obviously Lambert is doing poorly because he is following a sh1tshow.

And performing worse than that sh*tshow

My point is further up in the thread - I’m not anti-Lambert at all and obviously it’s a small sample size, so clearly he needs to be giving time. Worth noting that Mick had a rather ropey start too - including thrashings at Palace and Leicester

However the way some are going on about huge improvements and that we must keep Lambert next year you’d think he’d dragged us kicking and screaming up the table. The reality is he hasn’t and results have so far got worse - but he does get all animated on the touch line and invited some legends to training...

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 10:02 - Dec 2 with 5607 viewsBackToRussia

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:58 - Dec 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

And performing worse than that sh*tshow

My point is further up in the thread - I’m not anti-Lambert at all and obviously it’s a small sample size, so clearly he needs to be giving time. Worth noting that Mick had a rather ropey start too - including thrashings at Palace and Leicester

However the way some are going on about huge improvements and that we must keep Lambert next year you’d think he’d dragged us kicking and screaming up the table. The reality is he hasn’t and results have so far got worse - but he does get all animated on the touch line and invited some legends to training...

I think it's flippant of you to knock PL for trying to instil a bit of unity and team spirit around the place. It might be small things, but if it helps the fans and team work together then it's to be praised, surely?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 10:07 - Dec 2 with 5590 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 10:02 - Dec 2 by BackToRussia

I think it's flippant of you to knock PL for trying to instil a bit of unity and team spirit around the place. It might be small things, but if it helps the fans and team work together then it's to be praised, surely?

It wasn’t PL I was knocking...

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 10:10 - Dec 2 with 5585 viewsBackToRussia

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 10:07 - Dec 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It wasn’t PL I was knocking...

Pretty awful of the fans for wanting to get behind the new manager of a bottom-of-the-table club.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 19:20 - Dec 8 with 5399 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 22:23 - Dec 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Now 0.4ppg...

0.33ppg...

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 19:29 - Dec 8 with 5377 viewsDublinBlue84

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 19:20 - Dec 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

0.33ppg...

Honest Question:

How many games have you seen this season?

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024