Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So for all the fanfare about Lambert 07:35 - Nov 29 with 24768 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Results so far have been, well, cr*p

Worse than under Hurst in fact 👀

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 19:35 - Dec 8 with 4719 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 19:29 - Dec 8 by DublinBlue84

Honest Question:

How many games have you seen this season?

7. Didn’t watch today as in Bruges - apparently we played well first half but ultimately lost, that seems to be a familiar story

What has that got to do with anything though? This thread is about results - and results under Lambert have so far been dreadful

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 20:23 - Dec 8 with 4614 viewsgt81

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 19:35 - Dec 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

7. Didn’t watch today as in Bruges - apparently we played well first half but ultimately lost, that seems to be a familiar story

What has that got to do with anything though? This thread is about results - and results under Lambert have so far been dreadful

The results have been dreadful, but some of the performances have been half decent.

We at a point in the season where teams are into their stride, while we still haven't found ours. This isn't a few games into the season where other teams are still gelling or finding their feet.

Plus, we've played West Brom, Forest and Stoke in the last few games, who were all expected to be promotion contenders. We could have lost them all even with last season's squad.

But enough positivity, I still think we're as good as down.
So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 20:32 - Dec 8 with 4592 viewsOxford_Blue

Yes.

But Hurst shat on his face whilst he was sleeping, stole all the money and fecked off and then you’re expecting PL to be able to clean the sheets by dawn?
So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 21:04 - Dec 8 with 4549 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 20:23 - Dec 8 by gt81

The results have been dreadful, but some of the performances have been half decent.

We at a point in the season where teams are into their stride, while we still haven't found ours. This isn't a few games into the season where other teams are still gelling or finding their feet.

Plus, we've played West Brom, Forest and Stoke in the last few games, who were all expected to be promotion contenders. We could have lost them all even with last season's squad.

But enough positivity, I still think we're as good as down.

We’ve also played Preston, Reading and Bristol City

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 21:05 - Dec 8 with 4545 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 20:32 - Dec 8 by Oxford_Blue

Yes.

But Hurst shat on his face whilst he was sleeping, stole all the money and fecked off and then you’re expecting PL to be able to clean the sheets by dawn?

I hoped that he might be able to at least do as well as our worst ever manager, if not better...
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 21:06]

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 00:11 - Dec 9 with 4445 viewsDublinBlue84

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 19:35 - Dec 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It just really shows that you haven't watched very many, because someone who has seen more games would come to a completely different conclusion.

I've seen 16 one way or another and the only fans I know who have come to the same conclusion as you haven't seen much more than half a dozen games.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 00:38 - Dec 9 with 4429 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 00:11 - Dec 9 by DublinBlue84

It just really shows that you haven't watched very many, because someone who has seen more games would come to a completely different conclusion.

I've seen 16 one way or another and the only fans I know who have come to the same conclusion as you haven't seen much more than half a dozen games.

It’s a fact that results have so far been worse under Lambert though, not an opinion formed via watching games...

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 02:08 - Dec 9 with 4384 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Always some humor to be found on these pages, at least if that's what you can define it as.

Are people really suggesting we're in worse care under Lambert than rather his predecessor ? Understand the former wasn't an appointment for everybody but in terms of dedication and interest he would appear far improved from the other.

All it needs is that elusive victory to arrive once more, become consistent with it, and the team will move away from the danger zone it's at and then be able to focus on next season. Bring in some worthwhile no-thrills names at the next available transfer opportunities and allow Lambert to focus on his job. I realize time has eroded many's patience the last 15 or so years, but you got to believe the new manager can get it right eventually. League One or otherwise, it's going to take time - again - to remedy.
Login to get fewer ads

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 02:35 - Dec 9 with 4368 viewsBonchosBicycle

We'll obviously never know if Hurst could have made the squad he chose work. I don't dispute the team has looked brighter since Lambert took over, but only brighter than the squad under the last half dozen of Hurst's games. They also looked bright for the start of Hurst's tenure before the grind of a continual inability to win games put heads down.
So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 03:05 - Dec 9 with 4359 viewsRyorry

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 15:33 - Nov 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You said he doesn’t have the players - he has the same players as the previous manager

Better performances are lovely but unless they translate into results they are ultimately meaningless - and currently results are worse than they were before

Jeez - have you never heard about preparation and laying the groundwork? Or "lies, damned lies and statistics"? Not to mention "football is a confidence game"?

If results were always nakedly and exactly down to chess movements by robots, you might have a point. As it is, these are human beings we're talking about, and the human species is known for doing better when they believe in themselves because they've received encouragement, and able to be freer, even have a degree of enjoyment in what they're doing, instead of impeded by fear of being castigated. I haven't been to any games under either PH or PL, but all the reports I see on these pages by many others who have been, say there's a positive difference in the way our players are playing and that the football's much better to watch. That says to me that the groundwork's being laid, and given maybe 2 or 3 additions in January, can be built on to get out of the desperate mire that Hurst created.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 08:48 - Dec 9 with 4241 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So what do you want to happen? Sack Lambert?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 08:55 - Dec 9 with 4231 viewsOxford_Blue

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 00:38 - Dec 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s a fact that results have so far been worse under Lambert though, not an opinion formed via watching games...

Morale has collapsed becuase of Hurst.

So you’re not comparing like for like.
So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:29 - Dec 9 with 4195 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 08:55 - Dec 9 by Oxford_Blue

Morale has collapsed becuase of Hurst.

So you’re not comparing like for like.

We had better results in the last 6 games of Hursts reign than we have in the first 6 games of Lamberts...
[Post edited 9 Dec 2018 9:30]

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:30 - Dec 9 with 4192 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 08:48 - Dec 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

No, that would be ridiculous

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:34 - Dec 9 with 4174 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 03:05 - Dec 9 by Ryorry

Jeez - have you never heard about preparation and laying the groundwork? Or "lies, damned lies and statistics"? Not to mention "football is a confidence game"?

If results were always nakedly and exactly down to chess movements by robots, you might have a point. As it is, these are human beings we're talking about, and the human species is known for doing better when they believe in themselves because they've received encouragement, and able to be freer, even have a degree of enjoyment in what they're doing, instead of impeded by fear of being castigated. I haven't been to any games under either PH or PL, but all the reports I see on these pages by many others who have been, say there's a positive difference in the way our players are playing and that the football's much better to watch. That says to me that the groundwork's being laid, and given maybe 2 or 3 additions in January, can be built on to get out of the desperate mire that Hurst created.

Lambert was brought in to turn things around, to claim otherwise is just shifting the goalposts

So far he hasn’t - and if he doesn’t do so soon we’ll be even further adrift than we already are

Needless to say, next Saturday is huge

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 10:53 - Dec 9 with 4114 viewsRyorry

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:34 - Dec 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Lambert was brought in to turn things around, to claim otherwise is just shifting the goalposts

So far he hasn’t - and if he doesn’t do so soon we’ll be even further adrift than we already are

Needless to say, next Saturday is huge

I haven't claimed otherwise, I said he's doing the groundwork & these things take time. He's not the fairy at the top of the tree waving a magic wand!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 10:56 - Dec 9 with 4109 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 08:48 - Dec 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

But, if he's 'worse than Hurst', why not?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 12:21 - Dec 9 with 4053 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 10:56 - Dec 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

But, if he's 'worse than Hurst', why not?

No that would be ridiculous, he’s only had 6 games

His results so far have been worse than Hurst though, whichever way you spin it

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 12:46 - Dec 9 with 4029 viewssundaze

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:30 - Dec 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No, that would be ridiculous

Much the same as this thread.
So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 15:35 - Dec 9 with 3989 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 12:46 - Dec 9 by sundaze

Much the same as this thread.

It’s posts like this that support the point I’m making

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 19:52 - Dec 9 with 3933 viewssundaze

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 15:35 - Dec 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s posts like this that support the point I’m making

Except that you're not actually making a point, you are just stirring things up, knowing that Town supporters are at an all time low and you will get the bites you are looking for.
So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 20:16 - Dec 9 with 3918 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 19:52 - Dec 9 by sundaze

Except that you're not actually making a point, you are just stirring things up, knowing that Town supporters are at an all time low and you will get the bites you are looking for.

Not the case but up to you what you want to believe I guess

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 17:31 - Dec 15 with 3709 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:15 - Nov 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It isn’t if you ignore actual facts like results

Hurst: 0.64ppg, average position of opposition 11.57, 50% matches at home
Lambert: 0.5ppg, average position of opposition 13.75, 75% matches at home

So we’re getting less points per game against weaker opposition, despite playing more games at home as it stands

In the interest of consistency, delighted to say this is now up to 0.71ppg, so marginally better than Hurst

Here’s hoping we can build on this next week and get some momentum going

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 17:48 - Dec 15 with 3677 viewsStokieBlue

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 17:31 - Dec 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

In the interest of consistency, delighted to say this is now up to 0.71ppg, so marginally better than Hurst

The thing is the original post was built on a false premise in that it assumed both had the squads they wanted.

To achieve a better PPG than Hurst with Hurst's players shows how poor he was.

Agree entirely that some momentum now would be great!

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 19:06 - Dec 15 with 3620 viewsEireannach_gorm

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 17:31 - Dec 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You are demonstrating yourself how ridiculous it is to use statistics based on small sample size to prove anything. Based on one win Lambert is now better than Hurst while previously he was worse.

How do you measure momentum statistically?
I do agree with your sentiments though. If the gap gets too big it is bad from a psychological perspective ( also difficult to quantify ).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024