Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So for all the fanfare about Lambert 07:35 - Nov 29 with 24844 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Results so far have been, well, cr*p

Worse than under Hurst in fact 👀

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 07:44 - Nov 29 with 13380 viewsTractorWood

I thought the performance bar some Sears magic was pretty dreadful last night. I appreciate the squad is dross but it certainly didn't look like a squad that believes it can stay up, per the generic rhetoric. It looked like a squad who wanted the ground to swallow them up.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 08:32 - Nov 29 with 13268 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 07:44 - Nov 29 by TractorWood

I thought the performance bar some Sears magic was pretty dreadful last night. I appreciate the squad is dross but it certainly didn't look like a squad that believes it can stay up, per the generic rhetoric. It looked like a squad who wanted the ground to swallow them up.

Reality is 3 of Lambert’s 4 games have basically been must win (individually, not collectively), and we haven’t won any of them

Make no mistake about it, we’re going down

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 08:37 - Nov 29 with 13227 viewsKeaneish

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 08:32 - Nov 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Reality is 3 of Lambert’s 4 games have basically been must win (individually, not collectively), and we haven’t won any of them

Make no mistake about it, we’re going down

In your head they have, that's about all. As long as we're within 5 or 6 points of safety come January, I'll take that. Performances are much better understand Lambert and we're scoring goals. Full backs are a shambles though, granted and Chalobah is on borrowed time with Dozzell, Bishop and Huws waiting in the wings.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 08:52 - Nov 29 with 13162 viewsElephantintheRoom

Position is much the same - 5 points from safety is now 6 after four games. Shows what rubbish is floating above us and could be caught with even a marginal improvement. Alas any dead cat bounce is now over. And not much mention of the crowd last night after all the puff for the WBA game. Team will probably play better away - so maybe the 6 point gap will become a more manageable 4 in two games time. Any rebuilding should come from within.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 08:53 - Nov 29 with 13152 viewsKieran_Knows

Lambert out then?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 08:58 - Nov 29 with 13115 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 08:37 - Nov 29 by Keaneish

In your head they have, that's about all. As long as we're within 5 or 6 points of safety come January, I'll take that. Performances are much better understand Lambert and we're scoring goals. Full backs are a shambles though, granted and Chalobah is on borrowed time with Dozzell, Bishop and Huws waiting in the wings.

You were going on about how much better the performances were after Hurst’s first few games too...

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 08:58 - Nov 29 with 13111 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 08:53 - Nov 29 by Kieran_Knows

Lambert out then?

Haha no, don’t be silly

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:02 - Nov 29 with 13075 viewsKeaneish

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 08:58 - Nov 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You were going on about how much better the performances were after Hurst’s first few games too...

Incorrect. I said i had optimism and could see what he was trying to do. That all imploded after Norwich. Its not even open for debate whether we're better under Lambert or Hurst.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:15 - Nov 29 with 13013 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:02 - Nov 29 by Keaneish

Incorrect. I said i had optimism and could see what he was trying to do. That all imploded after Norwich. Its not even open for debate whether we're better under Lambert or Hurst.

It isn’t if you ignore actual facts like results

Hurst: 0.64ppg, average position of opposition 11.57, 50% matches at home
Lambert: 0.5ppg, average position of opposition 13.75, 75% matches at home

So we’re getting less points per game against weaker opposition, despite playing more games at home as it stands

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:28 - Nov 29 with 12960 viewsRadlett_blue

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:15 - Nov 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

So we’re getting less points per game against weaker opposition, despite playing more games at home as it stands

Exactly. While the team appear to have been playing better football, partly probably down to the "new manager bounce", we look as incapable as ever of actually winning a game. The prime reason for that is that we concede too many bad goals.
Not sure what Lambert can do about that. We have a keeper whose confidence looks shot, full backs who allow crosses to go in too easily plus a central defender who switches off and ball-watches.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:32 - Nov 29 with 12935 viewsitfcjoe

I do worry we are trying to play a style that doesn't suit the squad - our back 4 are all pretty poor on the ball and we are trying to play it out through them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:33 - Nov 29 with 12916 viewsKieran_Knows

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:32 - Nov 29 by itfcjoe

I do worry we are trying to play a style that doesn't suit the squad - our back 4 are all pretty poor on the ball and we are trying to play it out through them

I think the full backs and midfield are the issue. Where's the midfielder dropping deep to pick the ball up off them on the half turn with his head up looking for a pass? None of Skuse, Chalobah or Downes can do that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:40 - Nov 29 with 12881 viewsLankHenners

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:33 - Nov 29 by Kieran_Knows

I think the full backs and midfield are the issue. Where's the midfielder dropping deep to pick the ball up off them on the half turn with his head up looking for a pass? None of Skuse, Chalobah or Downes can do that.

To be fair Skuse was doing a lot of receiving the ball and spraying it around last night and hopefully he'll keep doing that but it's ultimately fruitless if he's having to do everything in midfield by himself.

The distribution of Knudsen and Spence is shocking. There were multiple examples last night which summed them up going forwards - they'd both get the ball in promising positions but end up aimlessly poking the ball behind the forward players or in Spence's case a stupid flick down the line in the hope Edwards wins a 30/70 and can then work something out for himself.

Knudsen has it in him to have a solid enough game defensively but in Spence's case it's hard to see why he's playing if his use of the ball is so poor and he lets opposition players stroll past him game after game after game.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:40 - Nov 29 with 12874 viewsMaySixth

dear oh dear

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 10:10 - Nov 29 with 12787 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:40 - Nov 29 by MaySixth

dear oh dear

Was it the home draw against keeperless Preston or the away point vs struggling Reading that impressed you so much?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 12:23 - Nov 30 with 12547 viewsTractorWood

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 10:10 - Nov 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Was it the home draw against keeperless Preston or the away point vs struggling Reading that impressed you so much?

We nearly lost the game against Preston bar an amazing challenge from Pennington.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 13:42 - Nov 30 with 12445 viewsVaughan8

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 09:15 - Nov 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I agree with your comment further up about Lambert having 3 "must-wins" or at least at the time (i.e. if we beat Preston, the Reading might not have been must win.....)

However it isn't really fair to judge him after 4 games. These aren't his players, he doesn't have a pre-season with them. He's straight in.

If we do this after the same number of games and its similar then you will have a point!
So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 13:59 - Nov 30 with 12410 viewsRadlett_blue

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 13:42 - Nov 30 by Vaughan8

I agree with your comment further up about Lambert having 3 "must-wins" or at least at the time (i.e. if we beat Preston, the Reading might not have been must win.....)

However it isn't really fair to judge him after 4 games. These aren't his players, he doesn't have a pre-season with them. He's straight in.

If we do this after the same number of games and its similar then you will have a point!

I don't think pointing out the cold fact that our results actually haven't improved yet under Lambert after 4 games is implying huge criticism of him.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 14:21 - Nov 30 with 12371 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 13:59 - Nov 30 by Radlett_blue

I don't think pointing out the cold fact that our results actually haven't improved yet under Lambert after 4 games is implying huge criticism of him.

Very much this. It is incredibly early days (although Lambert has now had over a quarter of the games Hurst was given), but it did feel worth pointing out that for all the raving about improvements we have actually performed worse, in terms of results, so far

Of course if we win tomorrow we’d be up to 1ppg and this point would be rendered moot

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 14:43 - Nov 30 with 12323 viewsSteve_M

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 14:21 - Nov 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Very much this. It is incredibly early days (although Lambert has now had over a quarter of the games Hurst was given), but it did feel worth pointing out that for all the raving about improvements we have actually performed worse, in terms of results, so far

Of course if we win tomorrow we’d be up to 1ppg and this point would be rendered moot

Whilst you are correct in terms of results, it ignores the context: Hurst had a Summer and dismantled a half-decent squad whereas Lambert has had to pick up the pieces of that.

One thing I will say is that we could have won three of the games under Lambert - which is where a lot of the frustration lies - but other than our solitary win we never looked like winning games under Hurst (even 2-0 up at Birmingham never felt like a match to win).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 15:17 - Nov 30 with 12254 viewsreusersfreekicks

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 14:21 - Nov 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Stats don't give full picture.
We are playing together as a team so much better with a good passing philosophy. We just don't have the players. Feel very positive about PL. First half v Reading was best play for years
So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 15:20 - Nov 30 with 12245 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 15:17 - Nov 30 by reusersfreekicks

Stats don't give full picture.
We are playing together as a team so much better with a good passing philosophy. We just don't have the players. Feel very positive about PL. First half v Reading was best play for years

He has the same players as Hurst had - unless you count losing Jordan Graham as being significant

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 15:24 - Nov 30 with 12233 viewsreusersfreekicks

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 15:20 - Nov 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He has the same players as Hurst had - unless you count losing Jordan Graham as being significant

So how does that answer what i said?
So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 15:33 - Nov 30 with 12209 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 15:24 - Nov 30 by reusersfreekicks

So how does that answer what i said?

You said he doesn’t have the players - he has the same players as the previous manager

Better performances are lovely but unless they translate into results they are ultimately meaningless - and currently results are worse than they were before

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 18:19 - Nov 30 with 12057 viewsronnyd

So for all the fanfare about Lambert on 08:37 - Nov 29 by Keaneish

The trouble with the three players you list is that they are all injury prone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024