Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January 09:55 - Nov 29 with 1102 viewsskyblue23

I think all of us accept that going down is a real possibility and fully understand how bad things are right now, but I'm not giving up hope that'll we'll get out of this mess and survive!

Another issue I can see coming up though with people mentioning January, if we're still bottom (highly likely), realistically who would want to leave their club to sign for Ipswich other than people trying to make a name for themselves from the lower leagues like Hurst has already cocked up on?

At this current time, what is going to attract anybody with Championship quality to sign for Ipswich Town?

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

January on 09:59 - Nov 29 with 1085 viewsBrightonBlue

Prem fringe players on loan that are looking to get 4-5 months playing time. Let's be honest, they will be pretty much guaranteed a spot in the team and should drive up the quality we so clearly lack. Lambert should have a decent network and be able to attract reasonable quality.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2018 10:03]
January on 10:02 - Nov 29 with 1075 viewsskyblue23

January on 09:59 - Nov 29 by BrightonBlue

Prem fringe players on loan that are looking to get 4-5 months playing time. Let's be honest, they will be pretty much guaranteed a spot in the team and should drive up the quality we so clearly lack. Lambert should have a decent network and be able to attract reasonable quality.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2018 10:03]

But as that type of player would you want the label of 'got relegated with Ipswich' if we were to go down? I hope you're right, I just don't see any attraction right now unless we get at least level on points with 23rd to give us a chance.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

January on 10:04 - Nov 29 with 1058 viewsBrightonBlue

January on 10:02 - Nov 29 by skyblue23

But as that type of player would you want the label of 'got relegated with Ipswich' if we were to go down? I hope you're right, I just don't see any attraction right now unless we get at least level on points with 23rd to give us a chance.

I think they will be bigger than that. Its not as if they will have helped us drop like a stone. We are bottom. I'd view it as a win win tbf.
January on 10:05 - Nov 29 with 1056 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

January on 10:02 - Nov 29 by skyblue23

I don't think 'relegation' sticks with a player in the same way that it does with a manager.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

January on 10:10 - Nov 29 with 1038 viewsskyblue23

January on 10:05 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't think 'relegation' sticks with a player in the same way that it does with a manager.

I can agree with what you and Brightonblue say, I hope you're both right. We need somebody other than Sears to be a hero!

January on 10:11 - Nov 29 with 1037 viewsGooders7592

If we're 10 points + adrift in January then I think we should start preparing for League 1.

We'd have to pay very high wages to attract good Championship players to join us in that situation, is it really worth it when realistically it's not going to change the inevitable?

I hope Lambert stays though, I really think he is the right man for a job, however it's not going to happen this season (no fault of his).
January on 10:27 - Nov 29 with 1004 viewsBrianTablet

January on 10:04 - Nov 29 by BrightonBlue

I think they will be bigger than that. Its not as if they will have helped us drop like a stone. We are bottom. I'd view it as a win win tbf.

Maybe we need a pep talk from our true legends... the team that got a 0-0 away to Blackburn to keep us up in 94.

Steve Palmer, Paul Mason, Geraint Williams, David Linighan......

https://www.premierleague.com/match/915

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

January on 10:29 - Nov 29 with 998 viewsJammyDodgerrr

January on 10:04 - Nov 29 by BrightonBlue

Yeah, this. Some players maybe coming back from injury, or just not playing and who want to play for Lambert.

No loss to them if we go down and if we stay up and they contribute it looks great on them.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024