Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... 10:03 - Nov 29 with 2707 viewsBluedandy

... we're in a mini league fight for survival with Bolton, Reading, Hull and Millwall ... I would be very worried however if Lambert does not shake things up dramatically for Forest.

Bishop and/or Lankester deserve a start or even Dozzell .... trio of Skuse, Chalobah and Downes are not creative enough. Skuse along with Sears was Town's best performer last night so time to drop the other two.

Would also drop Roberts (v poor last night) for Jackson (Harrison not quite ready) ... both Spence and Knudsen are horribly short of confidence .... certainly Donacien for Spence (shame Emmanuel is on loan) and possibly Kenlock, if match fit, for Knudsen.

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 10:13 - Nov 29 with 2673 viewsJammyDodgerrr

You are correct in that the only real benefit now is that those around us seem to be equally poor and at least they didn't pull away. Very poor teams(all of us) and it's going to be a low total to avoid the drop. All we need is a run of wins(although the longer this goes they harder that becomes) and we will pull away. Shame Hull got a point the other night.

Agree that Roberts needs a rest and that Lankester should start. Sears is a real positive, was really good last night and Lambert seems to have reinvigorated him. Taking on his men and actually going towards goal with confidence is something we haven't seen from him since we signed him.

Feel like Harrison is going to have a huge role to play in this battle.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 10:21 - Nov 29 with 2650 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

We are going down with Bolton and Reading.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 10:30 - Nov 29 with 2628 viewsTIB

I still think we're in with a chance but we have some big / winnable games between now and end of January. The first three games of 2019 against Millwall and Rotherham at home and then Blackburn away need to set a precedence for the rest of the season. 7 if not 9 points obtained from them and it would be a huge boost, especially going to Carrow Road a few weeks later.

I know PL said he felt Donacien was best at CB but I do think he should be replacing Spence right now...just try and strengthen the defense and grind out some results until January.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 10:33 - Nov 29 with 2614 viewsJakeITFC

We can’t beat anyone!
All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 10:40 - Nov 29 with 2581 viewsIpswichKnight

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 10:21 - Nov 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

We are going down with Bolton and Reading.

I totally agree with that.
All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 10:49 - Nov 29 with 2548 viewsJimmyJazz

But they are all 6 points or so ahead of us. They all need an upturn in results and we are left out of sight, they'll bring players in in January

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 11:25 - Nov 29 with 2510 viewshammo56

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 10:30 - Nov 29 by TIB

I still think we're in with a chance but we have some big / winnable games between now and end of January. The first three games of 2019 against Millwall and Rotherham at home and then Blackburn away need to set a precedence for the rest of the season. 7 if not 9 points obtained from them and it would be a huge boost, especially going to Carrow Road a few weeks later.

I know PL said he felt Donacien was best at CB but I do think he should be replacing Spence right now...just try and strengthen the defense and grind out some results until January.

The problem is we have struggled in these big/winnable games.
Millwall, Preston, Reading and last night were all winnable games according to many people yet we still only managed to get 2 points out of those 4 games.
Really can't see us getting the points required between now and the end of the season to keep us up.
All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 11:41 - Nov 29 with 2456 viewsbluewein

Lankester I agree with as he's already shown that he can make something happen, but Bishop? Based on what? 25 minutes and a fluffed corner leading to us going 2-0 down...?

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Login to get fewer ads

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 11:46 - Nov 29 with 2442 viewsTractorWood

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 11:41 - Nov 29 by bluewein

Lankester I agree with as he's already shown that he can make something happen, but Bishop? Based on what? 25 minutes and a fluffed corner leading to us going 2-0 down...?

*he fell over too

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 11:50 - Nov 29 with 2422 viewsReuser_is_God

All is lost.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 11:50 - Nov 29 with 2422 viewsJ4ck22

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 10:13 - Nov 29 by JammyDodgerrr

You are correct in that the only real benefit now is that those around us seem to be equally poor and at least they didn't pull away. Very poor teams(all of us) and it's going to be a low total to avoid the drop. All we need is a run of wins(although the longer this goes they harder that becomes) and we will pull away. Shame Hull got a point the other night.

Agree that Roberts needs a rest and that Lankester should start. Sears is a real positive, was really good last night and Lambert seems to have reinvigorated him. Taking on his men and actually going towards goal with confidence is something we haven't seen from him since we signed him.

Feel like Harrison is going to have a huge role to play in this battle.

The five teams above us have all won four games, we've won once. I'd say that we're a special kind of bad this season.

I admire the optimism and hate thinking this so early, but unless Lambert can pull off a miracle january window, I think we're done.
All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 12:36 - Nov 29 with 2362 viewsJammyDodgerrr

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 11:50 - Nov 29 by J4ck22

The five teams above us have all won four games, we've won once. I'd say that we're a special kind of bad this season.

I admire the optimism and hate thinking this so early, but unless Lambert can pull off a miracle january window, I think we're done.

I don't disagree. The fact we are even in some kind of touching distance is a miracle. It's hard to be optimistic and the reality is we are staring down the barrel and as good as down. But that said(and it's a big but) i think we have a relatively better chance than those around us. We should be able to pull in better players in January(because of Lambert) and we have much more of a bounce than Hull/Reading/Bolton, all of who are also in a downward spiral but seemingly unlikely to change manager. The downside is we are six points behind and still haven't won yet.

Maybe i'm just too optimistic in this situation.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 12:46 - Nov 29 with 2324 viewsGooders7592

Our fixtures for December are very worrying. A lot of pressure on us to get something against Wigan & Shef Utd at home.

Millwall & Rotherham at home first two games of Jan could be huge. Shame they're not the last two games after we've had the opportunity to improve the squad.

30th March - Hull (Home) & 6th April - Bolton (Away) --- this will be the time we will be relegated.
All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 13:28 - Nov 29 with 2274 viewsPinewoodblue

We are not doing very well in your mini league.

Current Table

Hull played 3. 6 pts
Reading 3. 5pts
Millwall 4. 4pts
Bolton 4. 3pts
Ipswich 4. 2pts

Not good reading is it? We really need to win all reverse fixtures starting in the new year.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 13:33 - Nov 29 with 2260 viewsJimmyJazz

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 13:28 - Nov 29 by Pinewoodblue

We are not doing very well in your mini league.

Current Table

Hull played 3. 6 pts
Reading 3. 5pts
Millwall 4. 4pts
Bolton 4. 3pts
Ipswich 4. 2pts

Not good reading is it? We really need to win all reverse fixtures starting in the new year.

The one silver lining (or is it?) is we played 3 of those 4 games away

We still have home games against Hull, Reading, Millwall, Rotherham and Wigan to come.

Of course so far our home form is terrible, so not sure about the silver lining

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 14:00 - Nov 29 with 2205 viewsJ2BLUE

All is not lost. I think people forget how far a bit of experience and being well drilled can take you. I think January will see 3-4 loans come in depending on Donacien's situation and what Lambert wants to do with Edun and Chalobah. We'll also likely spend a bit on money on a couple of journeymen who are good enough to get us out of this. Maybe 1-2 Gleeson/Carayol type signings as well.

I think we'll see 5-6 new faces altogether and really add some steel to the side. No doubt we are in serious, serious trouble though. I think we'll survive by the skin of our teeth.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 14:46 - Nov 29 with 2154 viewsPinewoodblue

All is not lost .... there are four other teams who are almost as bad as us ... on 14:00 - Nov 29 by J2BLUE

All is not lost. I think people forget how far a bit of experience and being well drilled can take you. I think January will see 3-4 loans come in depending on Donacien's situation and what Lambert wants to do with Edun and Chalobah. We'll also likely spend a bit on money on a couple of journeymen who are good enough to get us out of this. Maybe 1-2 Gleeson/Carayol type signings as well.

I think we'll see 5-6 new faces altogether and really add some steel to the side. No doubt we are in serious, serious trouble though. I think we'll survive by the skin of our teeth.

No way will Lambert bring in 5/6 new faces not his way. We already have more loan players than can be included in the matchday squad.

Hope Lambert is having players loaned out watched, wonder if Emmanuel or Wolfenden can be recalled and if ready for first team action. Lambert had a bigger task than MM did to keep us up.

If Wolfenden is the answer who should partner him in defence suspect it would be Pennington. So many questions and not many obvious answers.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024